Hey there, new dropshipper here looking for some tips and advice on promoting my brand.
The store is already up and running, totally accessible to everyone. I'm trying to figure out what I can do to improve the store and make it user friendly. Also, trying to figure out how to convert my visitors into sales. I seem to be getting a consistent (low number) of visitors to the store but none of them have converted to a sale yet.
I've made many changes to the store and am currently using a new theme compared to what I started off with.
Currently in the process of making my own branded labels for my coffee, but if there's anything else I can do to grow, please let me know!
Solved! Go to the solution
This is an accepted solution.
Looked at your store. The first thing I ask myself, is this really necessary for a brand new store to collect emails through popup? I'd suggest you to show the popup when the customer stay for some time, let's say he learned about your company / service around 5 minutes. After that you can show the pop up and incentive with a coupon as you do.
Another thing, "our story" page. When you meet a person and see face to face, it creates the credibility. Why not to add a short video introducing you and your company? What if there is a photo of you and coffee as background.
If you see things make sense please like my reply so I would know about that.
Have a great day!
This is an accepted solution.
As a coffee lover, I'd love to give you some feedbacks :)
First of all, your store looks great, the images and the layout looks professional and cute. However, there are something that you can improve:
- The 1st thing popping up to me has different style/design to the rest of the site, like the image (which has nothing to do with coffee). And I don't really know who is Mooju, why Mooju'd like some coffee?
- You are having 3 seem-to-be clickable areas in your pop-ip banner: I assume Follow Instagram and Join mailing list is the main CTAs, but I highly recommend you choose one and make it outstanding, so that visitors know it's what you want them to do. With the current design, the only place that drawn my eyes to is the Brown area, that looks like a button. Don't make them think, tell them what to do :)
- The header is quite big for me: It's hard for me to look at the main content below (which happens for both Laptop view and Mobile view)
- Add favicon to your site to increase credibility. You can simple follow this guide: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/using-themes/change-the-layout/theme-settings/add-favicon
- The testimonials don't seem authentic to me: I'd suggest you don't use the 'testimonials' words. try 'what our customers say' instead. Also, adding human images :)
- Pay attention to your page speed on mobile: it's quite low (37/100 on Google PageSpeed Insights). You can check the result here
You can even find out why from GG page speed, so I hope I will give you some ideas too
Hope those few ideas help :)
This is an accepted solution.
As you might know Coffee lovers tend to be quite picky when it comes to their morning drink:) Meaning that you need to gain their trust and make them your loyal customer. I think that is the very first thing you should be focusing your resources.
The theme that you are using look very professional and neat, I love how delicate it is and does not have too bulky features. Here are a couple of things I suggest reconsidering.
1) The header menu is too wide, and since you are using a static fixed scroll, when scrolled down it is overlaying a quarter of the screen and making it frustrating to browse around.
2) The design is nice and the colors nicely resonate with the brand, however, the Discount for Subscription pop up looks like if you were selling clothing. If the StoreYa allows editing the design, please do that.
3) The same goes for the Rewards app. See if you can change the color to 454F5B or FCF0E0
4) Add a favicon
5) The buttons on hero banner seem like they would be taking you to 2 different pages, but they both lead to collection page. Just do one holistic banner image and make only one button. I like the way you name the buttons though:)
6) I offer using Growave, because it will replace the apps that you are currently and blend with your site seamlessly. It offers Rewards, Capture email, Reviews with automated emails, Social Sharing, Instagram + more all in one platform.
7) Consider selling the coffee in your local coffee shops. So that people get the chance to taste it before they purchase their first bag and become your forever customers:) If a person falls in love with your brand, the word of mouth will become your strong marketing tool.
If I managed to help please let me know by liking this post or feel free to reach out for more information.
Enjoy your day!
This is an accepted solution.
Hi there! Maggie, Shopify Expert here :)
Really good tips so far, I agree with all of them and I’d add a few more.
Your collection pages seem to have an oversized header area, which might affect your conversion rate:
Above the fold area [visible without scrolling down] is taken over by the header, meaning the rest of the content of the pages is being pushed down and out of sight. It means your visitors have to scroll down on each page in order to see your products and other content, which is considered negative UX [user experience]. The best converting stores have the key info displayed above the fold, to simplify the purchase process for the visitors.
Consider reducing the header size to the minimum to make sure visitors see your products and other key info without scrolling down. It will significantly improve your conversion rate [sales.
Homepage promos can have confusing CTAs [calls to action]:
“Twirl” doesn’t clearly indicate for people to click it - which can be confusing. Avoid confusing your visitors, as it can definitely affect your sales. Be as straightforward with your CTAs and promos - a simple “Shop Now” or “Click here” would work much better.
Product page - consider moving the Add to Cart button above the description - this way it will be visible as soon as someone opens the page, making it easy for them to buy. At the moment the button is hidden from view, as it’s below the description:
Some people might assume the item is not in stock, as it looks like the buying is disabled. It’s a small tweak and can help you significantly boost sales. Let me know if you’d like a help with moving the button up.
Contact us page - consider adding a professional email address here [such as email@example.com] instead of free one:
It’s a great way to build trust as an established business. You can create a custom email address matching your domain with G-Suite - learn how to do it here: https://youtu.be/j_0ho2PUyTI
Also consider hyperlinking your email address for a one-click contact - see the step-by-step instructions here: how to hyperlink email address.
Blogging - you have a perfect niche for blogging. Consider posting articles more regularly. This is a great way to keep your visitors on the website for longer, and also to get more traffic from Google from people interested in these topics.
Blogging is powerful - it helped me get to Google page #1 in only four days with this blog post: Breadcrumbs in SEO. I discuss how to write articles that rank on page #1 in my Facebook group 30 Days 2 Page 1 - join it now!
Shipping policy - consider adding this page. This is a crucial policy for potential buyers, and a very important trust signal.
The more information you add to your Shipping policy, the better. People will feel more confident buying from you. As your shipping policy is very vague at the moment it doesn’t answer basic questions people have before placing an order:
Covering these areas will help you build trust and authority as a professional business and assure your visitors to placing an order with you. Any confusion can definitely kill sales - people rather shop somewhere else if they don’t have the info provided, then take a risk placing an order. Make sure to add more info here. Please find below a guide on how to create excellent shipping policy: https://www.termsfeed.com/blog/sample-shipping-policy-template/
Here are a few guides that might help:
If you found these tips useful, please leave a 5* review on my TrustPilot profile. Thank you!
Looking for a more detailed critique? Reserve your website audit here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/critique
Shopify Expert | Ecommerce SEO Wizard
Hi Maggie! Thanks for the response back and am very humbled with how informative everyone has been with my journey to success. If there's any way you can help me with the reducing the header size and also moving the add to cart button, that would be great. I'm trying to find the solution online but cant seem to find one relevant to what I'm looking for...thank you!
You're welcome :)
When I started Shopify journey as a partner I learned a lot from partners courses made by Shopify. In your case as a merchant I would recommend to invest the time in https://www.shopify.com/academy Worth your attention and it's free.