Looking for feedback on my new shop The Crafty Company

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 0

Hi,

I really would appreciate it if someone could give some honest feedback on my site and why is it that I have no sales. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Link: www.thecraftycompany1.com 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
386 34 155

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @TheCraftyComp1 

To be honest, you need more work done design-wise and functionality-wise. Try to imagine if you were a customer what would you want to see on a site. Probably nice aesthetics, professionalism, convenient layout of information, many options and user-friendliness.

In your case, a lot of the job will be done if you switch to a different theme. It does not have to be expensive. There are a lot of great vendors on Themeforest that offer amazing themes for somewhere around 29 USD. It is important t invest into a theme because it also affects the site speed.

Now that we have the overall critique out of the way, here are some detailed recommendations on each step:

1) Give information about your website right away. On the hero banner add a sentence that says what you do.

2)Add a favicon

3) Add more options

4) Try to compare your pricing with the prices on the market

5) Use same size images in similar placeholders

6)Reduce the size of the navi bar and header menu

7) Add functionality on your site. You can use apps for that. If you want to add Reviews, wishlist, Discounts and more just in one click check out Growave..

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post. 

Take care and stay healthy <3

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Sharing + more 

Increase conversions with ease here
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1958 123 433

Hey The Crafty Company,
Instagram boasts over 1 billion active users, 500 million of whom use Stories every day. Hence, it is an effective source of store advertising. But, apart from it, other social links like "Facebook, Twitter and Linked in" should also be included as they too contribute to brand promotion. Other points to be considered for improving store sales rate are:

•  Yotpo is an amazing assistant tool with the most advanced solutions for customer reviews, visual marketing, loyalty, and referrals.
  • The "search landing page" is disabled in your case ie it does not redirect to "/search" when the "enter key" is pressed while placing the cursor on the search bar.
  • Want your site to be identified better! Adding a favicon is the recommended solution.
  • Contact details like email address, phone no, etc should be present in a section called "Get In Touch".
  • Any site can only be considered "trustworthy", provided, it constitutes full information about its origin, idea behind it, etc. So, for this purpose, an "About Us" section is a must in the site footer.
  • You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  • Filters are very important for customers in order to identify the correct product from the huge catalog. So, you should look for advanced filter options for your store.
  • Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with the search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here
    You can use Sparq free trial for as many products in your store. After the trial period, you can enjoy with Sparq’s Free Starter Plan for upto 1000* products.

An attempt worth praising, Keep it up!

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 0

Thanks for the great replies. I've completely changed my store display. Would love to hear what you think still needs work.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Hello,

Though I didn't see what your older website looked like, the landing page for your current site feels like it belongs to two different websites.  At the top of the page, a beautiful, zen image of a crafter and then several similar images  -- I thought I was being primed to see top-quality crafting products on offer.  Then, when I got to the images of your stickers with the bright yellow background on a cartoon logo, I felt like I was on a different site and couldn't be sure what your brand was about.  I agree with someone else who wrote that you need to identify what you are selling at the top of the page.  Generally, I felt confused by your store.  Not trying to be discouraging -- looks like you've done a lot of work.  

Best of luck to you!

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1958 123 433

Hey The Crafty Comp,
Pleasure is mine! Happy to help you. Regarding your store, it looks much more professional than before. All changes have been implemented beautifully.
Keep up the good work!
Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 0

Thanks so much for the feedback.  I got rid of the bright yellow and cartoon logo and replaced it with a more neutral color. Hopefully customers will no longer feel confused once they get to the product section. 

0 Likes