Looking for feedback on my new shop, The Pit & Olive Company

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi All,

I am looking for some help with reviewing my website: https://www.pitandolive.com.

This is an online natural food store currently selling Extra Virgin Olive Oil and soon other items like honey and jams.

I have recently adding a number of features which include upselling through the product pages, Coupons for reviews, new offers (On Sale tags). I have also completed an SEO job to improve the searchability (page optimizations, alt text and headers etc) which had minimal success.

I also added a slideshow, however the text on the slidehow for mobile comes up differently to desktop so it is difficult to see the text on mobile.

I have linked social media pages which had some impact but nothing substantial, including FAQs, About Us, and recipe section etc.

I use remarketing apps through email and have added reviews to the collections and product pages to add some social proof.

I am having some issues and I think the home page may be too cluttered and not presenting my offering in a clean way.

The product pages may need work as I have tried to clean up how they are presented but still struggle to get conversions.

Thanks,

Josh

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
396 41 131

Hi @josh_800

Have seen your store and I think you're are true. 

Your biggest problem is your homepage. It looks very messy.

So I will comment on your homepage first. 

- The first glance is good, but maybe you can try to slight this down a little bit. 

ConveyLego0612_0-1602383087631.png

- This banner looks very unprofessional

ConveyLego0612_1-1602383145691.png

And both the texts and the banner below. 

ConveyLego0612_2-1602383214710.png

Try to remember that banners are where you guide your customers to the shopping pages. Not for more information. 

- This section is good, I love that. 

ConveyLego0612_3-1602383324563.png

But why those unrelated photos are showed up here. Get rid of these photos. 

ConveyLego0612_4-1602383411465.png

- Get rid of all sections from this part. Too messy. 

You just only need one section which shows the key points of your products. Of course, it needs CTA buttons.

ConveyLego0612_5-1602383504275.png

- The last, I've seen your Instagram account, you can tell your story via Insta. And show your customers by having an Instagram gallery. 

Check this app Shoppable Instagram Gallery. It will help you create one and also make it shoppable. 

Now, we'll move to your product pages. 

I think the biggest problem of your product page is that why your customer have to scroll too much to reach out the Add to Cart button. I think you need to change that immediately. 

Except from this, everything is good now. 

Hope you redesign your homepage as soon as possible! 

Happy selling, 

Member of AllFetch - eCommerce Order Fulfillment Service.
We offer many solutions to help store owners grow their Shopify businesses.

If my answer is helpful, click Like and Mark it as an Accepted Solution to let me know!
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
744 17 203

Hi @josh_800 !

Your google page speed score is only 57 and mobile speed is 15. Low mobile page speed may kill your traffic and affect your conversation. For greater success and to deliver a great user experience you should focus on mobile score as well.Website performance impacts ranking on organic search and user experience. This problem can reduce conversions and sales. 79% of people do not wait for more than 5.3 seconds for page loading. It can lead to the losing of new visitors, less traffic, and losing repeat customers. You should always work on your CRO - increasing the percentage of users who perform a desired action on your website.

I have also found that there are only a few products in your store, try adding more products so that your customers will have a lot of options to select from.

Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.

It is great that you have recipes, it will bring more traffic and keep people being interested in your brand. 

The items in your store are something that every person will need in their lives. Therefore, I recommend using a Referral program by Growave to give your customers an opportunity of sharing your products with friends and getting rewarded for that.

The items on your store are something that will most likely be purchased by one person several times. For better customer retention I recommend using Rewards program by Growave, that will give out various discounts depending on how much a person has spent on your store or how many actions he/she has completed (left a review, shared the site, created an account, etc.)

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Login + more

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hey @ConveyLego0612,

Thanks for the extremely valuble review.

I have made changes, including the adding details about the product benefits and the shoppable instagram gallery.

I have also cut down the amount of text used in the product pages and I think it looks a lot cleaner.

I'm not quite sure how to modify the header height as I was not able to find the object in the code.

Do you think it looks ok or are there any other recommendations that would be valuble?

Many Thanks,

Josh

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
396 41 131

Hi @josh_800

Hope you're doing well! 

To be honest, it's far better than before. Congratulations!

Also, have seen your Instagram gallery, but it doesn't have a title like "follow us on Instagram". And it can be a shoppable gallery, did you try it?

Thank you, 

If my answer is helpful, click Like and Mark it as an Accepted Solution to let me know!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1442 73 244

Hello, @josh_800, I hope you are doing good! Your store looks great and professional. Here are some suggestions:-

- Create a drop-down menu for categories in the header menu. Display categories in the header menu. Make your store easy to navigate.

Set up Product recommendations on product pages as well as cart page.

Set up Newsletter Subscription with automatic emails with thankyou and discount coupon.

- Make sure to enable automatic workflow emails/push for abandoned cart, win back old customers, welcome email, purchase follow-up, or browse abandoned customers.

- Set up an affiliate marketing program to increase your influencers and it will help to increase sellers.

- Set up web push notifications on your store and it will help you in reaching your customers and visitors directly.

- Increase the visibility of your search box- Make sure your search bar is easy for your customers to find. Don’t hide a small magnifying glass for them to click on if they really want to search 

- Add a referral program, it helps in increasing sales and creates brand awareness. You can ask your customers to refer a product to their friends and family. When the product is referred by some known, people tend to purchase the product. The referral program helps in increasing sales. You can give a reward to customers for referring the product.

To implement these tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion.com.

I am also happy to assist you in setting up the above features in your store. Looking forward to your reply soon.

We are happy to help sellers to increase sales in this BFCM.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0
Hey ConveyLego0612,

I have now added the product tags and gave it a title. It looks a lot better now.

Sales are still slow. Although the market is tough at the moment I suppose.

Thank you

Josh
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
396 41 131

Hi @josh_800

Yes, the market is competitive can be a reason why the sales are still slow.

However, do you try to check again and dig deeper into your ads campaign and the analytics? It would be great if you can give me some information

Thank you, 

0 Likes