Looking for feedback on my new shop, https://shop.GoYrOwnWay.com

Solved
GoYrOwnWay
Tourist
13 0 1

Hello,

I'm looking for feedback on https://shop.GoYrOwnWay.com.

It's been suspended from GMC in the past because I didn't yet know what I was doing and I'm preparing to resubmit it.

At this stage, my biggest concerns are:

• I've missed something hugely consequential but have no idea.
  • Maybe my Authorized Distributor badge isn't sharp enough but it's the best they could provide me with.  The original is much sharper but sharpness is lost when I downsize it to fit on the hero image.  I've already tried two online lossless image resizing services.  This is the best result I've obtained so far for this size.
  • My supplier requires their logo to be on each product image and I'm not sure how this sorts with GMC restrictions on image "overlays".  Supplier says its other distributors have had no problems with this.
  • I've renamed my "SHOP NOW" button to "BROWSE ALL PRODUCTS" because that's what it does.  I know that "SHOP NOW" is industry standard but does GMC care?
  • I've positioned my "BROWSE ALL PRODUCTS" button at the bottom of the hero image where it won't collide with the Authorized Distributor badge or artistically significant hero image elements.  Does this mean it's "below the fold" when it should be "above the fold"?  Will GMC care?

Thanks for your feedback!

David

0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3717 213 661

This is an accepted solution.

Hello @GoYrOwnWay

I hope you are doing well! here are some suggestions that you can work on:

- The banner image is not looking good. It should be of the standard size and high quality. The banner image is too large. The call to action button should come in the first fold of the home page. 

- The authorized distributor logo should be clear and of good quality. 

- In the header menu, create categories and a drop-down menu of categories in the browse all option. Change the browse all to all products.

- Add reviews on the home page, reviews are essential for an eCommerce business as before purchasing customers see the reviews and then make a purchase decision.

- You should work on the layout of the product page. It isn't looking professional.

- Make your store engaging enough to capture visitors coming to your store and convert them into paying customers. If the store will be engaging then it will help you to increase the conversion and retention rate. Use triggers and workflows to automatically send messages to consumers after they take a specific action. Make sure to enable automatic workflow emails/push for abandoned cart, win back old customers, welcome email, purchase follow-up, or browse abandoned customers. 

- You can add an affiliate marketing program to increase your influencers and it will help to increase sellers.

Moreover, if you would like to implement the above customer engagement features I suggest trying out the 'All in one' Shopify app AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions. 

If you have any questions, I will be happy to help.

Hope this helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
997 134 323

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @GoYrOwnWay,

I'm not familiar with GMC requirements so filter everything I say through their requirements first before implementing anything but here are my suggestions.

First, the homepage banner needs to be re-done. I read what you said about the image stretching out, if that "authorized distributer" logo needs to be there, I'd head to Fiverr.com and have a new banner made for you. You can get it done fairly inexpensively and it will really help improve that first impression. I'd also have a logo done up as well.

screencapture-shop-goyrownway-2021-01-14-12_36_29.png

The next thing is your navigation. Once a leave the homepage, I'm lost as to how to get around your store. I keep looking to the black bar for links but there is nothing there. I completely missed your "browse all" link until I went back and re-read that it was there. I'd recommend sorting everything into collections and then displaying links for each. You may need to add a second bar with a light grey background below your black one to make sure it stands out.

roth-nav.png

My last recommendation is to spend some time on your SEO. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want to be intentional about the words you use so that you are reaching your intended audience. We have a video walking you through how to do your SEO:

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

GoYrOwnWay
Tourist
13 0 1
Hello,

Thanks for all of the advice. I’m focused only on GMC requirements for now. I’ll query the fiverr community on lossless image resizing, though I’m not sure if they can improve on the online tools for such a specific task. I can do anything to preserve the logo (such as minimizing losses when it’s resized) but for obvious reasons the supplier doesn't want it changed.

The site can always be improved but eCommerce marketing is best done at the product level. The product listing becomes the ad copy. Ease of navigation is important but must remain secondary to the individual product listings. If you hit the ship’s wheel logo, it takes you back to the site root. That’s a standard Shopify behavior, so I’m hoping most shoppers will know that.

For SEO I’m using high-ranking search keywords as product tags. I’d rather each SEO description read smoothly and flow naturally than stuff them full of keywords that would only duplicate the tags that brought the shopper to it. By the time they see it, they’ve already told the search engine what they’re looking for and don’t need to be reminded of their search terms.

Thanks again for your suggestions. I’ll let them gestate for a later time when I’m able to revisit site navigation.