Looking for feedback on my new shop smartwristantics

JackEdwards
2 0 1

Hi All

I am brand new to Shopify and instead of kicking back in December holidays I have been wanting to start a store. I love tech especially in the smart watch and fitness areas. I wanted to carry this through into a store. 

I am based in South Africa but want to drop ship to the USA as from what i have read they fall part of the big 4 countries.

I have used the minimal template, added customer reviews integrated with Oberlo and facebook. I followed some of the training videos on Facebook from Oberlo and busy testing out the conversion campaign with 2 ads for the next 3 days.

I want to add a kids section for smart watches as well as an accessories section which carries the extra straps etc for the watches.

I am looking for initial feedback on my store as i would like to improve performance as well as its appeal for potential buyers. I have only gone live this week and want to know what can be improved upon and if the general setup is okay.

Thanks so much, really glad a platform like this exists.

The url is: www.smartwristantics.com

0 Likes
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1002 137 329

Hey @JackEdwards,

Congratulations on launching your store! 

I want you to succeed so I am going to give you my honest feedback here. I think you are going to struggle with sales due to your product choice. Smart watches were trending November/December but they are now on a downward projection for the United States. Additionally, smart watches are something you can walk into any big box store and purchase or online or through Amazon. When a person is searching for this type of product in Google, these big companies are who is showing up in search results and who you are competing with for customers.

smartwatch-trend.png

I'd recommend setting yourself apart by researching what is currently trending in the niche you've chosen and focus on selling that. A good product choice should have these qualities:

1. High demand. Look for "problem fixing products".
  2. Not easily accessible. Look for products that are not available in stores or online through big retailers or Amazon.
  3. Popular. Look for trending products.

I have a lot more to say on this topic, but I cover it in our video so I'll leave it here for you to watch:

PS: If you decide to give Ecomhunt a try, here is our affiliate link: https://www.ecomhunt.com?afmc=2tp
Using our affiliate link does not cost you anything extra, it tells Ecomhunt we sent you and we may receive earnings for that referral.

We have much to say on the topic of dropshipping so I'd also recommend you give this video a watch as well:

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

JackEdwards
2 0 1

Thank you so much for the feedback. Out of all the info and videos i watched these were by far the most helpful. I have so many questions now after all of this.

I don't want to fall into the 99% that's for sure and if i didn't find this thread i am sure i would have. I am hungry to learn and determined to get this right. Just using some of your info from the video on the research i can see where i went wrong. 

• Would it be best to stop the current store and start from scratch with a new idea or niche?
  • What would happen with the current domain? can i disconnect from Shopify and start a new one. I am on the basic plan.
  • Is it advisable to select a domain name that is general in nature that can be used for more than one product in a trending niche market? ie: i want to add trending products to the store.
  • To start is it better to focus on one product and build out from there?

Using your trends example from the video i took 2 pet products (not in the video) and compared them. One is for the pet and one for the house, both as you can call it solves a problem just for different species. Is it safe to say the blue line holds potential? Orders seem to be high on Aliexpress.

pet.png

Thanks so much again for the help and feedback.

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3750 215 669

Hello @JackEdwards, I hope you are doing well! here are some suggestions:

Add About Us page. It is one of the most important pages on your customer's website. It is an opportunity where their visitors get to know their company. This is a chance for your customers' to introduce themselves and the kind of business they do to their clients.

- Give product recommendations. Add a section of trending, new, recently viewed products on the home page. For this, you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion and simply enable the product recommendations.

- Add reviews on the home page.

- Setup announcement bars or timers to promote your offers on the store. AiTrillion has pre-designed templates of announcement bar, timer & sales motivator bars.

Setup web push notifications on your store and it will help you in reaching your customers and visitors directly.

- Add a chatbot to make sure you never lose any of your customers.

Overall your store looks good and organized. 

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to try out the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.

Hope this Helps! 

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes

Hi @JackEdwards ,

I'm Richard - CRO Expert at PageFly Landing Page Builder. 

Congrats on your new store. I have just had a look at your store. Your store is pretty. I have just some small things I'd suggest for your Homepage for a better chance of gaining sales. May it help!

1. Make a sticky header

Sticky header helps customers easily access menu navigation although they scroll down or up on your page. Customers can also quickly reach the Search field to find products with a sticky header. 

RichardNguyen_0-1610039486214.png

You should display the header on this place or you can find a way to stick it on the left side. You should move “Search” and “Cart” to the right of the menu to save space. It's better to make this header have different colors when you scroll. You can see an example on our website below.

RichardNguyen_1-1610039486249.gif2. Classify principal and secondary Call-to-action (CTA) button on your Home page

One crucial thing for an online store's home page is a primary call to action. With this icon, you are going to redirect customers to the page where they mostly want to take action. This also helps your store to improve its conversion rate. 

I found that you have a few CTA buttons now, we also can add more CTA buttons in the collection list, product list (“View more" or “More detail" buttons) and below your product list (You can add “Buy Now"/”Shop Now" buttons). 

RichardNguyen_2-1610039486239.png

RichardNguyen_3-1610039486233.png

The buttons need more highlighting. You should use other color background

Besides, you should define which button is the principal one, which is the secondary one. They should have suitable styles (same color for same level of CTA). The principal buttons should be the most highlighted on your page.

3. Add more content on your homepage

Besides the hero banner, I suggest that you should add more information in your homepage. It can be your collections and product lists to make intuitively what you are selling, for example, the best seller collections. Besides, you can add blogs or reviews of your customer as testimonials.

Here is an example of testimonials and unique points that is display on our page templates, you can refer more.

RichardNguyen_4-1610039486246.png

To build a better Homepage, you also can take a look at our blog here: Personalize Your Homepage 

If you find my comments helpful to you, like them or mark them as a solution. Let me know if you have any questions. I recommend you take a look at our PageFly is a powerful page builder to help merchants to build pages. 

Besides building attractive and powerful pages, you should spend more time focusing on marketing strategies. 

Good luck and have a nice day! Cheers!

CRO Expert at PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 90.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen Guide on Moving Your Brick-n-Mortar Store Online.

Want To Strive The Coolest E-commerce Knowledge? Explore Our FREE Video Resources.