Looking for feedback on my new shop

brennahansen
2 0 1

Hello Shopify community,

I launched my store at the beginning of the week, and I'd like some feedback. I'm not sure where to begin or prioritize improvements, so please let me know where you see potential problems. Thank you!

my store:

https://brenna-hansen.myshopify.com/

0 Likes
Rockpapercopy
Shopify Expert
1208 61 364

Hi there! Maggie, Shopify Expert here :)

Awesome looking store :) You have put a lot of work into it, and I absolutely love the high-quality photos. 

I recommend optimizing the hero image - add a short tagline [3-4 words] describing the product in the picture in more detail - this way the visitors will know right away what the product is:

Screen Shot 2020-04-02 at 19.14.02.png

Make sure to add a CTA [Shop Now!] text or a button in the image and link it with a relevant collection or a product. This way you’ll invite people to browse your collections, improve the time they spend on your website [important for SEO] and reduce the bounce rate.

Make sure to add essential trust signals: About us page, Contact us page, Shipping policy and Returns policy. These can significantly help you improve your conversion rate. Many online shoppers often look for this info before placing an order, to find out the shipping cost, or contact details, so having these pages easy to find can also help you boost your conversion rate.

I also recommend adding a custom domain name. That’s a great trust signal and can also help you improve your SEO. You can register a domain through NameCheap.com or GoDaddy.com or similar. Then connect your domain to your Shopify store, as explained in this guide: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/domains/add-a-domain/using-existing-domains/transferring-domains

Consider also using a professional email address [such as sales@yourdomain.com] instead of a free one. It’s a great way to build trust as an established business. You can create a custom email address matching your domain with G-Suite - learn how to do it here: https://youtu.be/j_0ho2PUyTI

Product descriptions - consider adding longer and more detailed product descriptions. That’s also a great way to build rapport with your visitors and convert them. Short one-sentence description can make an impression you are not willing to make an effort for your customers, which can leave them feeling like why should they make an effort and buy from you.

Good product description can easily put you above a competitor selling similar product, but not having the items described enough to convince people to buy. Detailed descriptions can also help you build your authority and knowledge of the niche, which is essential for buyers, who want to feel they can trust your expertise and the choice of the products. 

See below how to write product descriptions that sell:

https://www.rockpapercopy.com/storytelling-in-product-descriptions/

Here are a few guides that might help:

If you found these tips useful, please like this post and leave a 5* review on my TrustPilot profile. Thank you!

Looking for a more detailed critique? Reserve your website audit here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/critique 

Best regards,

Maggie

Shopify Expert | Ecommerce SEO Wizard

brennahansen
2 0 1

Thank you! I've started working on these items. :)

HelpfulBeing
Pathfinder
107 6 22

Hi @brennahansen  ,

I have gone through the website and can see that you have got fantastic prints available :)

Here are some suggestions that you can consider  :

1. Favicon should be added as it makes your site identical.

2. Social links should be added for better reach.

3. Instagram feed could be added for better brand promotion.

4. Login system could be implemented.

5. You may want to think about adding product reviews. Reviews are essential for any eCommerce store as it helps sell more and creates immediate trust with shoppers. Be sure to check out our review app. 

You can read more about our app here. And also see some of our display widgets in action on our demo site.

I hope above points helps :)

Kind regards,

Yusuf | HelpfulCrowd Product Review App and Q&A

Turning More Shoppers Into Customers

0 Likes
neha-sparq
Shopify Partner
1957 124 434

Hey Brenna-Hansen,

"The first impression is probably the last one" and you have very well retained this positive impression by your store's overall look and presentation, which reflects professionalism in each of its aspects. But still, certain minor mistakes need to be corrected. Following are my suggestions for the same:

1. Including"promo offers" using a "bold unique header template" and a "catchy tag-line" like "Ends Today! 20% Off Friends & Family" OR Last chance to get 50% off! OR "Want 20% off your next order?" as a part of your store header can encourage people to take you up on the offer.
  2. The "product description" on the "product page" needs to be a "little more detailed" for "better understanding".
  3. "Product photographs are the ambassadors sharing the promise of your store products online".Hence, must be taken from different angles for better product clarity.
  4. "Login account" can increase customer retention and the number of visits as well. Hence, they are very much essential for better ecommerce purposes.
  5. "Your logo has the power to invoke an emotional response from shoppers".Hence, it must be improved with a "change of font style" and the "addition of graphics" for a more professional look.
  6. Make your "About Us" section more "expressive" by adding some images and a detailed description to it.
  7. "Featured and New Arrivals" are a must to be included in the homepage for better site popularity and depicting peculiarity as well.
  8. "Terms of Service" and "Privacy policy" should also be included in the footer as they help in building search engine content. 
  9. Filters are very important for customers in order to identify the correct product from the huge catalog. So, you should look for advanced filter options for your store.
  10. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  11. Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here
    You can use Sparq free trial for as many products in your store. After the trial period, you can enjoy with Sparq’s Free Starter Plan for upto 1000* products.

Hope the luck favors you with a lot of sales and conversions.

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
2375 140 427

Hey @brennahansen, Your store looks good. here are some inputs from my side:-

1. Add a refund, privacy policy page in the footer.

2. You need to make your store more interactive and engaging which will help you to get conversions and sales. If your store is engaging then it will help you to reduce Customer Churn Rate i.e percentage of customers who stop purchasing from your brand and will also increase your customer retention. 

To focus more on customer engagement you can give loyalty points to your customers on activities like visiting your store, signing up, follow or share on social media, allowing for push notifications, reviews and many more. This will entice your customers and help you to get more email subscribers, push subscribers, collect more reviews. They will come again on your store to make a purchase in order to redeem those points which will double the sales and retention.

- Add a referral program. Referral marketing is a cost-effective way to gain new and loyal customers. Because people are social creatures, individuals that are referred to your company are much more likely to remain loyal customers.

- Add testimonials on the homepage.

If you would like to implement these engagement tools in your store you can install AiTrillion.com. It is 'All in One' Shopify app that has all the essential features in a single app and is a fully integrated app.  Plus you don't need to install multiple apps. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes