Looking for feedback on my new store!

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello everyone! Im brand new to the forum although have been building my store Poppins & Co. since around January. We went live with the store at https://poppinsandco.com  16 days ago. We're so far averaging 60-100 visits a day - we've had a couple of add to carts that haven't converted and other than that our only sales have come from people we know. 

We're getting a reasonable amount of click throughs from targeted facebook adverts and have added new sections in the past week including the 'our story' section to help build a sense of trust with new clients - as well as a link to our reviews over on etsy store as the number of reviews we have on the new store is obviously limited at this point. 

We're happy that our advertising is hitting the right target market as the click throughs seem to suggest this but there seems to be something putting people off of purchasing. I'm not sure if its just the time of year or if I'm expecting too much at this point but any feedback would be appreciated if there is anything glaringly obvious that is turning people away - the average stay is only about 30 seconds at present! 

Also - Im aware that I am missing more detailed descriptions on some of our drop-shipped products as we have a lot of products on the site but these are not the ones we are currently getting visits to anyway nor are we running adverts on these just yet. 

Thank you!

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
107 3 14

First of all congratulations on launching your store!

I can say from the first impression is that it's a very overall nice and clean design. I love the images and the layout of the photos. Everything is nicely descriptive.

Below are some of my thoughts on how to better improve your site for new visitors.

1. Add a quirky and fun subheader tag that goes below your company logo. This tells me what your overall store is all about. 
  2. If you have not done so, be sure to enable abandon cart emails to be sent out to customers who add items to their shopping carts.
  3. You mentioned in a lot of the descriptions can be custom and/or handmade. Do you have any real-life photo examples of this? I would love to see the actual product and not a generated graphic design. 

This is all I have for now! To get more visitors, I would love to read a blog about the creative process of how you create and customize some of the one-off unique items.

Decrease fraudulent orders, stop chargebacks and expand globally with Beacon. https://apps.shopify.com/beacon
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

@Jason_Beacon Thank you so much that is all very helpful! It has been a real labour of love so I am pleased it is being perceived as clean and nice! Great shout on the subheader, I'll have a little think or what might work here. Ive enabled abandoned cart too so hopefully that will help. I've not been very good at taking real life product photos of customisation as I go but I will aim to add these with each future order.  

In regards to the blog - that is exactly my plan going forward - i think I will have client focused posts where it explores what the customer wanted, why it was important to them and what we created for them? 

0 Likes
Highlighted

If people are not buying then it's not the right traffic for your store. Not all traffic is created equal. The one thing we tell each client is that you can get traffic of all kinds but that does not mean it's the right traffic for your store.

When our clients are looking to do paid ads on Google or Facebook. We recommend they start off on Google Shopping as you can target people based on what they are searching for. This means it's easier to get sales faster. You will need a Google Merchant Center and a Google Ads Account to run Google Shopping campaigns. After Google Shopping is working, we look at Facebook and setup a Dynamic Product Ads campaign on Facebook. 

Google Merchant Center
This is where you host and manage your products (SKUs), so you can use Google Shopping campaigns in your Google Ads (AdWords) account. You can add the Google Shopping app to your store and connect it to your Google Merchant Center... once you do this, you are almost set to run Google Shopping campaigns.

Google Ads (AdWords) Account
This is where you run and manage your Google Shopping campaigns from. You will need to connect your Google Ads account to your Google Merchant Center account above. Once you do that, you can run Google Shopping campaigns. Make sure you turn on Auto-Tagging in your account. Also, you can link your Google Ads account with your Google Analytics account... this helps make sure data is shared between them. Hopefully you have setup your Google Analytics account already. Make sure your bids are not to high and you have a good account structure.

Facebook Ad Account
If you have not, you should Setup your Facebook Catalog. That way you can run Dynamic Product Ads (DPA), which is remarketing/retargeting on Facebook and Instagram. When someone comes to your site and does not buy... you can show them an ad later on Facebook and Instagram. The DPA campaigns are always the best return on ad spend for our clients. It's good to start with site visitors or people who have added something to their cart/started checkout but have not bought anything.

Once you have that setup. You can see what is working and what is not working and grow the business. The above assumes you have setup your Facebook pixel and your have a Google Ads Conversion tag setup for your site too. That way you can track your sales. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know

We help ecommerce & DTC brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
1 Like
Highlighted
3 0 0

@DuaneBrown Thanks for all the info, it's very helpful - you are correct in assuming that we have already set all of this up. The problem we are having is that we have limited analytics based on previous customers from other sources so I think maybe we need to build this up a bit more. I think we're going to sit down and plan out a bit more of an approach to google shopping and pause on the targeted facebook ads for now. I'm sure we'll figure something out soon!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1073 53 158

Firstly, I congratulate you for coming up with such an ingenious idea. You can add rich snippets are very essential for a store. Generally, rich snippets have a much higher click-through rate. If the click-through rate of your snippet increases, the amount of traffic generated will then be higher. What you can do to convert your customers is you can add web push notifications which will help you to bring back visitors who bounced from your site and convert them into paying customers. Even more astounding, this can increase customer retention by 7x times. This will clearly impact your retention. Every visitor can be your customer. So make sure you are not losing any of them. 

You can start notifying your customers when they abandoned your cart. This can be done in many ways. You can send them an abandoned cart push notification or an abandoned cart email. This will reduce your cart abandonment. Not only this you can also start rewarding your customers with loyalty points when they come back to recover the abandoned cart.

You can start giving loyalty points to your customers on different activities like signing up, visiting a store, making a purchase, allowing for push notifications. This will help you to entice your customers and retain them. You can reward your customers in order to redeem those points. When you will give points to them they will come again in the future to make a purchase in order to redeem those points. This encourages repeat purchases and helps in retaining your customers. I am open to further discussion. 

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
485 26 98

Hi @Popsshop 

Overall I think your shopify store looks pretty good, But I noticed a couple of things that you might consider adding.

After browsing your store I noticed I wasn't able to find a sense of urgency. By using urgency, you can make your visitors feel like they are missing out unless they order immediately. The 'Fear of Missing Out' that they experience, will increase your ability to convert them into buyers. One app that can help you with that is https://apps.shopify.com/better-countdown . It really can make a big difference in getting your customers to buy from you

You might consider adding reviews. If you add reviews it will help keep your customers on your site. If your customer needs to leave your site to do research on a product they might not come back, adding reviews can help with that.

After browsing your store I noticed I wasn't able to find an always visible buy button. Your buy button is the most important button on your site and it should always be within the thumbs reach of the customer. Take a look at your store (especially on your phone), and try to easily find your buy button, especially when you are on the bottom of the page. If your buy button isn't always visible you are making it harder for your customer to buy. Consider adding https://apps.shopify.com/better-sticky-checkout-button-increase-your-sales , it will help it make it easier for your customer to buy from you.

But seriously your store is actually really great, and I think just a few minor tweaks could really go a long way.

P.S. I created an email course at https://mailchi.mp/7d8692283c12/shopify-conversion-course, after reviewing a bunch of stores I noticed that there are a few tips that might help, and I created an email list to help with it.

To learn more visit https://www.answrly.com/

0 Likes