Looking for feedback on my new store

Solved
Asmaa
2 0 0

Hi,

I am looking for feedback as far as what could be added to be useful. Design-wise. Price-wise just everything.

I have been opening since May/2020, and only I got sales from my relatives ( only 6 sales ).

https://casual-mall.store/

Thanks for your help

0 Likes
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1002 136 327

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @Asmaa,

Congratulations on launching your store. Sorry to hear that the sales have been so discouraging.

I want you to succeed so I'm going to give you my honest feedback..

I think a big part of the problem are the products you've chosen. For example, with clothing, there are already large, well-known companies dominating this saturated industry. When a person is searching for this type of product in Google, these big companies are who is showing up in search results and who you are competing with for customers.

A person can complete IF they give people a reason to purchase from them vs. the other guys. An example of this might be someone who makes clothing locally, their "reason" as to why you should purchase from them vs the other guy is because they are local/handmade and a lot of people are passionate about shopping local.

The other thing I noticed was that you are offering a wide range of products on your website, you have clothing, trinkets, fitness products and more. I think the mistake people make in selling so many products is that they assume they will appeal to everyone, but unfortunately it has the opposite effect. You are going to have a really hard time with ads because you can't target your ads well. You will be left to going for a general audience and we see it happen a lot - after weeks and months of plenty of traffic but no sales, store owners are left discouraged and frustrated. Therefore, I would definitely recommend niching down and focusing on trending products.

A good product choice should have these qualities:

1. High demand. Look for "problem fixing products".
  2. Not easily accessible. Look for products that are not available in stores or online through big retailers or Amazon.
  3. Popular. Look for trending products.

I have a lot more to say on this topic, but I cover it in our video so I'll leave it here for you to watch:

PS: If you decide to give Ecomhunt a try, here is our affiliate link: https://www.ecomhunt.com?afmc=2tp
Using our affiliate link does not cost you anything extra, it tells Ecomhunt we sent you and we may receive earnings for that referral.

I would also recommend watching this video as well, we go through which dropship platforms to use and why as well as much more on the topic of dropshipping:

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

Hyde
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
936 106 164

Hi @Asmaa,

Hyde here from Shopify.

Congratulations on having a store launched, even if you're not currently satisfied with conversions.

It's important to note that your store is only one step in a journey the customer takes as they engage with your brand. Think of it as if you were in a physical market place, and you're stood on the pavement outside beckoning customers to step inside your shop. Who would you stop on the street? How would you approach them? What would you say?

And if they do cross the threshold into your shop ( or visit your online store, as the case may be) how is it laid out to best meet the promises you've made to them on the street? How are you reinforcing their trust so that they treat you like a credible authority they want to keep returning to?

Here's a great post about How to Build and Launch a Profitable Store and here's a walk-through of how to build your content funnel, and how to consider all the different ways you can start and keep the conversation going with your potential customers.

Finally here’s a great guide to creating customer personas because there's no point blindly shouting into the ether. You need to know who would be interested in your product and speak to them directly.

I hope that this all helps!

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
luxorypets
Excursionist
17 0 7

Looked at your store and n mine opinion it looks very nice and clean.

Only one very minor thing: the button ad to cart and buy it now could be smaller, but thatsjust mine opinion.

Wish you succes with your shop....

Hi @Asmaa,

I'm Richard - CRO Expert at PageFly Free Page Builder. I just took a look at your store and want to give you some points of view. I hope this will help!

You can also refer to this social album to get more tips to personalize your homepage. Or this guide to know how to optimize conversion rate for your store.

1. The banner

The banner is one of important factors that grab customers' attention at the first time they visit your store. Make sure that your customers can understand which products you are selling after seeing the banner.

You should make the banner full width and remove the blank space between the header and banner.

Add Call to action button on the banner. A prominent button there can help you increase sales.

2. Make the header sticky

A sticky header helps customers access to the menu navigation when they land anywhere on your page. And another important field: the search field. You store has many products, a search field helps them find the product they want quickly. 

Casual-Mall 2021-01-12 09-40-51.png

You also should put menu items in one line. An item is standing alone in one line, which partly make your site unprofessional. 

3. Collection list

The collection name is hard to see because it blends with the background.

Casual-Mall 2021-01-12 10-01-42.png

Should highlight the text or make the background image transparent.

4. Add Call to action message

CTA message will make customers click the button more easily. 

Add here:

Casual-Mall 2021-01-12 10-07-53.png

and the section below.

5. Product list "Bath & Beauty"

- Add secondary images: When customers hover on the product image, they can see other images in many angles. This makes your products more attractive, and therefore increase the conversion rate.

- Add Add to Cart button

- User Load More instead of See more: When you use "Load more" feature, products will be loaded right on the homepage, customers can still see more products without opening the new page.

6. Show product lists in the same style

Casual-Mall 2021-01-12 10-22-32.png

With the above product list, it takes me a little time to understand that it will lead to product page.

With the below product list, why do you feature these products there? It's quite confusing. If they are best seller or on-sale products, you should add a heading or product badge.

You can consider using a Shopify app builder to do more customization to your page. This is the app I'm working on - PageFly. This app helps you easily customize your any Shopify page and make it more attractive.

If you find my comment useful, you can like or mark it as a solution. Have a great day!

CRO Expert at PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 90.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen Guide on Moving Your Brick-n-Mortar Store Online.

Want To Strive The Coolest E-commerce Knowledge? Explore Our FREE Video Resources.

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3732 214 663

Hello @Asmaa,

I hope you are doing well! This is AiTrillion, I reviewed your store & here are some ways to make your store even better and make people purchase from you:

The first fold of the website should always have a call to action in it - And here’s why; in most cases placing the CTA above the fold works wonders for your campaigns. This placement immediately draws your visitors’ attention to your CTA which is always good for conversions.

- Change the placement of the newsletter subscription box. Shift to the bottom of the home page.

- All product images must be aligned and of the same size.

- After the collection list give the product recommendations to your customers. Add a section of trending, new, recently viewed products. 

- Add a loyalty rewards program. It will help you to entice customers and will build a relationship with a customer.

- Retarget your customers even when they are not in your store with the help of web push notifications.

- Also, make sure to enable auto review request emails which will help you to collect more reviews and building trust with other visitors.

Moreover,  if you would like to implement the above customer engagement features I suggest trying out the 'All in one' Shopify app AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions. 

Hope this helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes
Asmaa
2 0 0

Thank you so much, I'll work on it.

0 Likes