Looking for feedback on my new store

mihneappscu
2 0 0

Hi there!

I currently have a pet store, and I would really love some feedback on it.

I redirect all of my social media advertising on my product page (it's a one-product store): https://nitropets.co/products/pet-calming-bed

I also designed it for the mobile view (because 99% of my traffic comes from it).

If you can provide me what parts of my product page are making visitors leave, I would be very grateful!

Have a nice day!

- Mihnea

0 Likes
Rockpapercopy
Shopify Expert
1208 61 364

Hi Mihnea! Maggie, Shopify Expert here :) 

Not sure if you noticed, but the text on the button within the hero image is not showing:

Screen Shot 2020-04-18 at 07.13.44.png

It could be because the font color is the same as the button color, so it's worth checking and fixing it.

The area below the hero image has got three reviews that are being oddly located and taking unnecessary space:

Screen Shot 2020-04-18 at 07.15.32.png

Optimize them, so all three display in one line, taking only a small bit of space on your homepage.

About us page - consider adding more content to this page with info about your company, and about your team. It can help you build trust further and improve your conversion rate. It’s a great place to introduce yourself and tell your visitors who’s behind the scenes. This page is perfect for building trust, so don’t miss out on the opportunity to build a rapport with your customers. Trust plays a huge role for online shoppers - people love to know who they are buying from and a great About us page can help you earn extra points and improve your conversion rate. Make sure to add a photo of yourself and your team and tell your visitors some interesting facts about each of the team members.

I noticed your Refund policy still contains default Shopify content. It might sabotage your SEO score due to the duplicate content issue. Make sure to write your own policy, which will also give you better control over the process:

Screen Shot 2020-04-18 at 07.18.21.png

Shipping policy - that’s an important trust signal, so consider adding more content to this page as well. Include a table with the delivery rates at the top, so people know right away how much you are charging, and whether you ship internationally or not. Many online shoppers often look for this info before placing an order, to find out the shipping cost, so having a detailed policy can also help you boost your conversion rate.

Social media - make sure to open the icons on your website in new tabs, so you don’t lose valuable traffic. Please check this helpful guide: https://help.shopify.com/en/themes/customization/navigation/open-external-links-in-new-browser 

Blogging - you have a perfect niche for blogging. Consider posting articles more regularly. This is a great way to keep your visitors on the website for longer, and also to get more traffic from Google from people interested in these topics. 

Blogging is powerful - it helped me get to Google page #1 in only four days with this blog post: Breadcrumbs in SEO. I discuss how to write articles that rank on page #1 in my Facebook group 30 Days 2 Page 1 - join it now!

Your SEO score is 46/100

Your meta title and meta descriptions [Google snippets] are not defined:

Screen Shot 2020-04-18 at 07.21.34.png

It means your website will have generic info displayed in the search results, which might not give you the best chance to stand out in the search results. Having a catchy Google snippet can help you connect with more people in Google and drive free and organic traffic, so make sure to optimize these values.

This snippet is very important, and it’s worth spending more time optimizing it. It’s often the first interaction with a potential new customer, as this snippet is displayed in Google search results. Make sure it’s inviting and irresistible so people click your listing once they see it. Otherwise Google might drop it as non-relevant to the search results, which will affect your traffic and SEO. Let me know if you’d need help writing irresistible, well converting Google snippets for your websit....

Here are a few guides that might help:

If you found these tips useful, please like this post and leave a 5* review on my TrustPilot profile. Thank you!

Looking for a more detailed critique? Reserve your free website audit here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/audit/ 

Best regards,

Maggie

Shopify Expert | Ecommerce SEO Wizard

mihneappscu
2 0 0

Thanks for all the tips! They are great.

I am more focused on the product page rather than the homepage since my interest is in engaging impulse buyers.

0 Likes