Looking for feedback on my new store.

TS11
1 0 0
arushibhatia20
Shopify Partner
187 35 123

Hey TamShepherds.com, 

Hope you're doing well and safe!

Congratulations on creating your store and kudos on the beautiful and clean store design. Looking at your images and products and the fun and carefree design of your website, I'd say you're definitely headed in the right direction. Here are a few recommendations I have for you, I hope they will be of help to you. 

• Please make your header a little smaller (you can do that by reducing your main logo size), as it is taking up a lot of your screen space as soon as we land on your website. 
  • For better SEO purposes, Terms and Conditions like "Refund, Shipping, Privacy policy and Terms Of Service" page should be added to the site footer.
  • Add a section for customer reviews when you get them. This helps build social proof and makes it easier for people to trust your brand. Ask past customers for reviews is a great way to get this started.
  • Also, you need to create a some urgency and social proof on your store. You can use an app that provides you tools like a countdown timer, limited offers and even social proof.
  • Create an incentive to take action by running your sales and offers for a limited time. One effective way to create time pressure is to use a countdown timer on your site. I'll provide you with a few links of apps that do the same.  

Links - 

Urgency Pack Ultimate

Ultimate Sales Boost

Social Proof Urgency App

One parting tip: like many other techniques, the urgency is best used in moderation. Don’t try to put pressure on your potential customers all the time, or they’ll stop taking your offers seriously.

Instead, focus on periodically offering great deals that really are limited.

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

If you found this helpful then please Like and Accept Solution!
Check out the following apps :
Simple scroll to top
Superbar
Slick scroll progress bar
0 Likes
Cal
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
984 103 162

Hey @!

Cal here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. I've taken a look at your site and you've done some really good work! I love the in-store photography, and the more of that on the site the better, it really brings the site to life. 

What you have, that many other stores online don't, is a strong history, and you've really done a great job on bringing some of that to the storefront. I would suggest going even further down this road, adding more in-store content like photos and videos. 

• I feel that the logo is excellent, but some other little tweaks could be made to enhance your branding. We have a few good articles that are worth the read here
  • I'd love more information about the history of the store and the mission statement on the front landing page. What is that you aim to deliver to your customers?
  • The featured items section is a great idea and should showcase the best and most purchased products that your store has on offer. Have you considered how your online demographic might differ from your regular customer base? Have you considered catering the landing page to those new customers? 
  • Why not include some happy customer testimonials? Have the customers speak on your behalf on what is special about you and your family store! The more personal the better. You can include little quote testimonials somewhere on your site! 
  • If I were you, I would consider adding a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page, that might serve as an information point for anyone who has not yet heard of your store, how you handle shipping and returns. It's a good opportunity to put your customer base at ease! 

How are you planning to market the business? Have you decided on who exactly you are going to be marketing the business to? 

Cal | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Gari
Shopify Partner
188 15 40

Hello @TS11 

Congratulations on your store page! It's quite well done. I like the minimal theme that you have selected because it keeps the focus on the products themselves. Most things on the store have been done right. I saw a couple of things that could be made better though, so I thought I'd share them with you. 

1. On your homepage, make the top navigation bar fixed - even if the person scrolls down they should be able to navigate to the rest of the pages without having to go to the top. 
  2. For the Contact option, you could consider including a form on the website so that all the information that you need to capture from your shopper, you can get them in one go and with ease. 
  3. I think we could use 'Gift Someone' option. You could also add a 'wishlist' option. 'This will allow you to send more targeted follow up emails to your shoppers and even notify them if you're running any offers or sales. 
  4. On the checkout page, your logo's image is being used as a banner but is not at all clear. This kind of a look makes your shopper doubt the trust worthiness of the store. 62656912-FD0B-4B8E-AD7E-A3614C83244E_4_5005_c.jpeg
  5. You could add some kind of urgency by adding stickers or labels to highlight things like sale/trending/free shipping. The Shopify app store is source of some really good apps that can add this kind of a focus to your store. I added one below which I thought might look good. What do you think? You can always look up more styles here.  

E2D939BC-6012-49F5-B20B-78D2686FBDBD_4_5005_c.jpegEC6FE9BD-EA91-42B4-87F6-A7F59C6BDE0D_4_5005_c.jpeg

Do let me know if this is useful for you.

Hope to hear from you soon! Till then, good luck and do stay safe!

Garima

ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
Want a free store consultation to boost your sales? Send me a message.
Grab your limited time offer on install today!
0 Likes