Looking for feedback on my new store

Solved
y_lau
Tourist
11 0 3

Hi Shopify community, I just launched my new website last week, and started advertising on Facebook and Instagram 2 days ago. So far, I've reached approx. 2000 people, but only 100 have actually clicked into my site, but no luck in sales. I'm looking to see how I can improve.

My website is fanpansociety.com

A little bit about the website: Fan Pan translates to rebel in Chinese. My inspiration from my site comes from my aspirations to be an Asian actor and not fitting the "stereotypical" mold of an Asian. I hope to build a community of others like me who are rebelling against parental expectations and societal norms by following their passion. I'm not sure if it's the site or the message that is not garnering sales at the moment? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

0 Likes
neha-sparq
Shopify Partner
1957 124 434

This is an accepted solution.

Hey Fan Pan Society,

"Receiving site traffic, but, no sales is a very common scenario". The major reason being "improper site layout". Keep the below-listed points in mind to improve the same:

• Segregate the "product" part of the header menu into two parts-"Shop" and "Collections" respectively.
  • "Shop" or "All" should contain the entire product catalog.
  • "Collections" can include all product categories like "Unisex Tshirts, Sweaters" etc.
  • No header menu is complete without a "home button".
  • There are 12 products in the catalog while, the count is specified as "10 products" on the top right of the collection page.
  • The "search landing page" is disabled in your case ie it does not redirect to "/search" when the "enter key" is pressed while placing the cursor on the search bar.
  • "Customer Reviews" are a mark of their trust and belief on a particular brand. Hence, you need to add reviews to strengthen brand value.
  • Yotpo is an amazing assistant tool with the most advanced solutions for customer reviews, visual marketing, loyalty, and referrals
  •  You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  • Filters are very important for customers in order to identify the correct product from the huge catalog. So, you should look for advanced filter options for your store.
  • Finally, I would also recommend you to try Sparq product filters and search to replace the default search on your store, this app allows advanced custom tag product filters for collection pages, synonyms, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with the search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here. 

Best of luck!

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes

Dear y_lau,

Congratulation for your store.

I’ve gone through your store and found that there are quite a few things missing on your store which if added can really make a lot of difference to the user experience, conversion rate and your overall sales. Here is a page-by-page/sectional review of your site:

Page loading Speed--

Mobile Speed Need to Improve, Currently 30-35 . you need to improve website speed to make it more user-friendly for both device desktop and mobile. This is one of the most important steps for improving conversions and sales. This year, during the Black Friday Cyber Monday (BFCM), Shopify stores in 175 + countries around the world created a new record with $2.9+ billion overall sales. Among these, 69% of sales have been made on phones or tablets, while only 31% happened over the desktop.

fanspeed.png

Header -- Have a smart search bar to help users locate the products they're looking for.Also a slide out cart, a cart icon with item calculator must have features. Login icon must be there for buyer account creation before purchasing.  Example of Good Header

Home Page -

A lot can be done to your homepage to make it more informative & attractive. Add prompt CTA buttons with a hero banner that syncs well with your store theme & branding. This banner should include info like free shipping, offers/deals like 50% off, etc. Below the hero banner, create categories for all your products in a slider that engages customers. Example of Nice Home page

Collection Page -

Your customer views this page to have an in-depth view of the products and services you offer. 

Make sure this page has a creative banner to enhance the visual appeal of your store, product reviews of all the products in your store, infinite scrolling to increase page views. announcement bars for highlighting promotions, events, deals and product labels like % off, ‘New Arrival’, ‘Sold Out’, etc. Example of Good Collection Page

Product Page -

Add interactive and user-friendly features like custom swatches, product zoom in, product reviews, unique product titles/descriptions, cart drawer and a sticky cart with a sticky add to cart and buy now button. Example of Ideal Product Page

Cart Page -

Maybe offering gift wrapping on your cart page, allowing your customers to choose their preferred delivery date and time, include security trust badges and add notes like special delivery and packaging instructions can make them trust and love your brand way more. 

This page is the final step before your customers check out from your store so it should be as impressive as any other page on your store. 

Besides these tracking methods, make sure the following is included on your store:

1. Social media profile is not working and social media platform should open in new tab.

social_profile_cost.png

2. Add live chat option

3. Add faqs page

4. Create a sense of urgency with countdown timer, ‘only 1 left’ features  and promotional banners highlighting ‘sale expiry’.

5. All banner need to improve

6.You need to High hight your UVP ( Unique Value Proposition )
7. Header and Footer Area need to Improve
8. Overall Font, Color, Spacing, Alignment need to adjust
9. Trust badges should be on the home page like 100% Authentic products, Easy return, etc

10. Add a Blog section - it will be helpful for seo

If you need help please contact us at https://www.task4store.com/pages/contact-us

Best Regards
MS Web Designer| MS Web International | Task4Store
Contact Us: https://www.task4store.com/pages/contact-us OR task4store@mswebdesigner.com
Was our reply helpful? Please Like or Accept solution
0 Likes
Cal
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
984 103 162

Hey @!

Cal here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. I've taken a look at your site, and you've done a really clean job so far! I love the concept, and I feel there is so much room to grow your brand. It's very exciting! I have some suggestions for you to consider, and I tried to be as blunt as possible: 

• I'm a huge disbeliever in browser notifications for new businesses. After every page I have to click this notification off, it's really annoying. I really don't like being bombarded with popups before I get a chance to browse your store. I think it's a poor user experience.
  • Your favicon may need a rethink, as I think your logo just gets lost on the tab. It also doesn't work very well in dark mode browsers
  • Your social links in your footer don't appear to be linked correctly. 
  • I'd love to see some more product photography and the clothes being modeled. 
  • Some testimonials/customer reviews/blogger reviews would be great on the site, just to add a little more life to the store. Currently, you are an untested, unknown business, so you will rely on things like testimonials and influencer reviews to add legitimacy to your brand. 

How do you plan on marketing the business? 

Cal | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
HelpfulBeing
Pathfinder
107 6 22

Hi @y_lau ,

I had gone through your website here are some suggestions that you can consider :

1. Customer testimonials should be added to increase trust among shoppers.

2. Add more social media pages links.

3. Instagram feed could be added for better brand promotions.

4. You may want to think about adding product reviews. Reviews are essential for any eCommerce store as it helps sell more and creates immediate trust with shoppers. Be sure to check out our review app. 

You can read more about our app here. And also see some of our display widgets in action on our demo site.

I hope above points helps :)

Kind regards,

Yusuf | HelpfulCrowd Product Review App and Q&A

Turning More Shoppers Into Customers

0 Likes
y_lau
Tourist
11 0 3

Thank you for taking time out of your day to provide feedback, I'll definitely implement your suggestions!

0 Likes
y_lau
Tourist
11 0 3

Thank you very much for your feedback! It is greatly appreciated!

0 Likes
y_lau
Tourist
11 0 3

Hey Cal, thank you so much for taking the time to check out my page! I'll definitely implement your suggestions!

0 Likes
y_lau
Tourist
11 0 3

To answer your question, I'm currently marketing through Facebook Ads and Instagram Ads.

0 Likes
y_lau
Tourist
11 0 3

Hi Neha,

Thank you very much for your feedback! It's greatly appreciated :)

0 Likes