Women's Online Clothing Boutique
We are a Florida based women's clothing store. We have 6 store locations- 4 of them being Morley stores, 2 which are located in Florida and the others are in Bethesda MD and Darian CT.
Our site first launched in November 2019. We have been doing well but would like to see more sales. Each month we pick a goal amount to reach in sales. I surpassed my goal in the month of January which was great but would still like to be doing way more like we do in store.
I have recently added a live chat option and I am starting to work on creating blog posts. I usually have a popup for email sign up that offers 15% off for first time customers but we are working on a new loyalty/marketing program so I disabled that feature until we have a program to link the customers to.
I would love to hear some feedback from the shopify community on anything from web layout, image quality/descriptions, search engine listings to checkout process etc. Basically any feedback will do :)
Our feedback may not be of much relevance, since I doubt the people from the forum are a part of your target audience.
You need feedback from your visitors. Look at how they behave, ask them what do they value, learn more about them.
A quicker way to get invaluable info is to go to one of your brick and mortar locations and ask people to go through your website. You can incentivize that with cash or discount cards/gift cards. Most people will even be willing to spare 5-10 minutes for free if they are true fans.
Give them a task—to shop for a white women's top, for example.
Tell them to talk you through their actions.
Observe and take notes.
Another option would be, as I assume most of your visitors are on mobile: do the above on your phone with screen recording turned on. You'll see things you never imagined. What seems obvious to you, as you have worked at and looked at your website for so long, is not at all obvious to them as visitors.
P.S. Well, I do have a suggestion. A major one—focus on optimizing your website for speed. Every second saved there turns into approximately 10% conversion rate increase.
Here are the results from Google's Page Speed Insights: https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fshopmorley.com%2Fcollectio...
And GTMetrix: https://gtmetrix.com/reports/shopmorley.com/xDAKOB8a
There is definitely a room for improvement!
Fixing these would give you between 3 and 5 seconds of speed boost, which means, conservatively speaking, between 20 and 30 percent conversion rate increase. It would also improve your search engine ranking, which in turn will bring you more of the high-converting traffic.
The first step that you can take to improve the speed of your collection pages (as I bet they are the second most visited pages) is to turn off QuickView functionality. It not only slows down the collections, but confuses visitors too. Here is why: Baymard institute advises you to “Avoid ‘Quick View’ Overlays”
Speed is just the most palpable tip of the iceberg... of money that you are leaving on the table.
If you want to know more, don't hesitate to ask. Or contact me directly :)
Hey Shop Morley,
The menu should be shifted slightly rightwards in order to avoid the unwanted white space on the top right of the header. Home button should be added to the beginning of the main menu to make it look complete and logical as well. Other essential points for store optimization are as follows:
May the store improvement lead to an increase in the sales rate in the coming days.
Hello @SM415 , You have a captivating store. It looks aesthetically appealing. Here is the feedback:-
1. The first fold of the website should always have a call to action in it -
And here’s why; in most cases placing the CTA above the fold works wonders for your campaigns. This placement immediately draws your visitors’ attention to your CTA which is always good for conversions.
2. It’s good to display testimonials on the homepage and add Q&A to establish authority and influence visitors with user-generated content. Turn your customer content into sales by collecting and leveraging reviews, ratings, and Q&A.
3. Start a referral program, it helps in increasing sales and creates brand awareness. You can ask your customers to refer a product to their friends and family. When the product is referred by some known, people tend to purchase the product. The referral program helps in increasing sales. You can give a reward for referring the product.
4. You can add a countdown timer to create urgency for your promotions or offers with the countdown timer bar and motivate your customers to buy more from the store. It helps in increasing sales.
5. Add a web push notification - It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It's a powerful and effective marketing tool adopted by online businesses to reach out to and interact with their audience, keep them updated about any important information, announcing sales and offers, and eventually driving more eCommerce conversions.
If you would like to implement all these features to maximize engagement and conversions on your store I would suggest you to install AiTrillion.com. It has all the essential features in a single app and is a fully integrated app. It is 'All in One' Shopify app. Plus you don't need to install multiple apps. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.