Looking for feedback on my shop, Bliss & Sass

Solved
BlissSassShop
Tourist
4 0 2

Hi all,

Hoping for some feedback on my shop. I've had it up since last summer and have been trying to make improvements as I go along based on customer traffic and trends. However, I am still lacking the needed traffic and it doesn't seem most people stay too long on the site. 

Can you give me feedback on the layout and the flow of my site? Is it optimal for browsing and easy to understand what we are selling?

URL: www.blissandsass.com

Thanks!

Brie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
558 44 94

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @BlissSassShop!

Great job on the site so far! I'd suggest elaborating on your About Us page a little more - you may find this blog post on writing an impactful About Us page helpful. This can make a big difference in gaining customer trust and building a brand voice. I'd also recommend adding a few more menu items - you can add your About Us page, your Contact page, and anything else you think is helpful for customers to have easier access to. I'd also suggest creating a drop down menu under "Shop", so that customers can short cut to your collections. It sounds like you're having trouble driving traffic to the site as well- are you currently running any email marketing or paid social media ad campaigns? 

Brie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
248 44 152

This is an accepted solution.

Hey there, @BlissSassShop

First of all, great job on continuing to stick with your store and to continue to seek feedback. I commend your dedication and perseverance!

The first thing that jumped out for me when I came to your site was the lack of product images. Most health and beauty sites feature their product collections front and center so they’re the first thing shoppers see. 

I’d swap out the large image of your logo with several different product images that link to a detailed product page so you can increase your chances of a conversion. You may need to swap out your theme for one that is more product oriented. A theme likeHandy or Maker might be a good choice. Or if you aren’t ready for a paid theme, Boundless is free and would give you a chance to show your products front-and-center. 

There’s a lot of variation in the photography styles of your product images on your homepage. I would suggest seeing if there are any freelance photographers in your area who could do some product photography for you. You can also check out the Shopify Experts marketplace. They have an entire section for product photography that would be a great place to start. Although it’s an investment upfront, it’s well worth the spend since your customers are basing their purchases off the images on your site.

Another other thing I noticed about the products on your home page is the only way to get more information on the product is by clicking the link in the text block. A website heatmap tool (like the one Lucky Orange offers) can give you a lot of insight here about what your visitors are clicking on. My guess is many people are trying to click the image or the product name to get to a product page to learn more and to make a purchase. Make those elements clickable, or use a theme that allows you to show an add to cart button. These tweaks could help grow your conversions. 

When I clicked into your product page for your facial roller, it says there are no product reviews. You do have a testimonial for that product on your homepage, so I would see if you could get your customer to leave you an official review for the product so you have content on the product page as well. My guess is customers will be more included to make a purchase from your product page if they see the review posted there. 

You should also consider moving some of the links in the footer of your website such as your return and shipping policies to the navigation at the top of your page. If your customers aren’t scrolling to the bottom of the page, they may never find that information. You can see if your visitors are making it to the bottom of your page using a tool called a scroll heatmap.

This is a type of heatmap that shows you how far down the majority of your customers are scrolling. You’ll want to be sure any information vital to conversions - like calls to action, special offers or important news - are all above the effective fold where 50% of customers stop reading. 

I’d also suggest using Lucky Orange’s session recordings tool to watch replays of what people are doing when they get to your site. You can see a playback of where people clicked, scrolled and moved their mouse. Watching session recordings can give you a good feel for what products your customers are most interested in, and what they scroll past. Consider using this information to target promotions around popular products or to revamp product descriptions that don’t grab people’s attention. 

Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cheers - Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
2479 142 446

Hello @BlissSassShop, I hope you are doing well! Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase:

- Add categories in the header menu. Make your store easy to navigate.

- The home page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image (with a call to action button)- Collection List- Product Recommendations- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed.

- Add a favicon.

- Run paid ads to bring traffic to your store. Make sure to target right audience.

- Add attractive banner image related to the product you are selling. It will help to grab visitors' attention.

Add these customer engagement tools in your store:

- Add loyalty reward program. You can start giving loyalty points to your customers on different activities like signing up, visiting a store, making a purchase, allowing for push notifications, sharing or following on social media. This will help you to entice your customers and retain them. You can reward your customers in order to redeem those points. When you will give points to them they will come again in the future to make a purchase in order to redeem those points. This encourages repeat purchases which increase sales and help in retaining your customers.

- Retarget customers with the help of web push notification. Send push notification to customers even when they are not in your stores. You can send new updates, offers to customers. Send price drop alerts. This helps to bring back customers to the store.

- Add exit-intent popup. Track when someone is about to leave your website and show the visitor exit-intent popup with attractive offers and coupon code to complete the purchase.

- You can add a countdown timer to create urgency for your promotions or offers with the countdown timer bar and motivate your customers to buy more from the store. It helps in increasing sales.

- Make sure you are using email marketing automation to reach your customers.

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to try out the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.

Hope this Helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
BlissSassShop
Tourist
4 0 2

Thank you Brie for the feedback. I really appreciate it. I am running paid campaigns through Google as well as FB and IG. I just started TikTok, but am still learning that platform. I have high number of clicks, but not a lot of leads or click throughs. So I am trying to pinpoint where I am missing the mark. I thought starting with the website first would be a good start. 

BlissSassShop
Tourist
4 0 2

Thank you Danny for taking the time to provide me feedback on my site. Your suggestions are great. I do intend to get sharper, more professional photos but have been taking them myself until then. I am looking into the themes you suggested as well as Lucky Orange which looks pretty helpful so far! 

0 Likes