We have a shop that we moved over to Shopify in December 2020, www.salonsociety.shop. Since then, our sales have been minimal at best. Our conversion rate is at 2.78%, which is not great, and it is not doing any better than when we previously had the shop on Weebly. We have products on a massive blowout sale and still can't seem to get any more traffic. Today, I used SpeedBoostr's Shopify Analyzer tool and fixed all of the issues it was showing (image size & compression) and embedded some videos in the product pages.
I would greatly appreciate any advice or feedback!
Sorry to hear that traffic and sales aren't where you hoped/expected. I've taken a look through your store, hopefully my feedback will provide some insight as to what is going on.
One very important piece of selling is getting the right kind of traffic to your store, your target audience ((high traffic is not a good thing if it is the wrong kind of traffic). Good SEO will help you reach your intended audience organically. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want to make sure you include the same words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO that you can watch here:
I see you have local pickup and delivery which is great! Make sure to include a business card with every purchase you do through the salon that includes an incentive (such as a percentage off) for their next online purchase. This encourages people to purchase through your online store and that way the next time someone comments on a product you’ve made, they can refer them to your website that they now know you have.
Here is a video on how to create discount codes:
I noticed a shipping error at checkout, I'm not sure if it was just the location I entered or that particular product, but something to look into:
I will leave it at that for now but if you would like to talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where we take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. If you would like to book a session, you can do so here: https://calendly.com/ecomgeeks/1-1-session
We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!
Best of luck!
Hope you are doing good. Your store looks nice and here are few suggestions.
Improve the hero banner and make it wide, as it gives first impression when visitor lands on the homepage.
Add Shop Now (CTA) on the Hero banner.
Add "Home" Option on the Header section.
Update the product images of same size.
You can promote your products with word of mouth strategy. Boost your sales with the app from the shopify app store which helps to increase your sales further. Improve your conversions by directly reaching those who close to your customers.
Add Chatbot for support and you can also analyze customer choices.
Add About Us page on both header and footer sections.
There is no terms and conditions checkbox at checkout. I suggest you to install an app from shopify app store which provides 'I agree to the Terms and Conditions' before checkout .As it makes easy for the customer to read your terms and policies.
Welcome to Shopify Community! I have just spent time reviewing your store and would like to give you some feedback, hope it would be helpful to you:
I- Home page
- You should make a sticky header- a fixed menu bar will help users navigate to the other pages easily, and they will not need to scroll back and forth anytime they need to visit one page.
- It's great seeing you use carousels to display your best-selling/featured products, however, I'd like to suggest some ideas to make it better: the carousels should be made to autorotate, but not too quickly, the autorotation should temporarily pause when hovered and permanently pause after any user interaction. Besides that, I would recommend you add CTA buttons to your hero iages to increase your conversion rates.
- From my end, I noticed that the images on the carousel is not in high resolution, if possible, you should consider adjusting them.
- Just a small suggestion, the details in product list should be aligned with each other to make the site look more professional:
II- Collection pages
- Similar to the home page, you should make the product details in the product list align with each other:
- You can consider adding secondary on hover to add extra visual information and help users easily evaluate products.
- I would recommend you use “Load more” button instead of “Pagination”- by doing so, users can decide whether they need to see more products and have all products listed in one page.
III- Product pages
- Having a full understanding of products is crucial for users to make a purchasing decision. Therefore, I would recommend you provide at least 3-5 images of products for all products.
- Product Price is one of the most important criteria for users to assess a product, therefore, I would suggest you style the Product price to be more noticeable (it can be similar in size to the product headline)
Moreover, we understand the importance of conversion rates to the success of your stores, so I'd like to send you a guide relating the tips in the hope of helping you achieve that, hope you will find it helpful.
P.S: A page builder app is an ideal solution to help you build your pages quickly and effectively. At PageFly, we offer 70+ pre-made templates that help users reduce a lot of effort in building pages and they can spend more time on marketing activities.
Above is my recommendation on your store. If you find it helpful please hit LIKE and MARK AS SOLUTION.
Best of luck!
Just now i came cross your everything looks great ,i would like to suggest few points which helps for getting good traffic and for attracting customers
Below the add to cart ,Add "Buy now" and add 'Wishlist" buttons . Buy now will helps the customer to directly redirect to buying option. Wishlist will helps us to send emails to customers to drag his intension towards item and make him to buy.
Store credits and rewards: Store Credits helps to increase the orders, and make customers to buy the products with rewards and store credits. You can give store credits for registration, subscription, Order credits, Cart Value, Item review, Monthly, Birth day, Referral and many more. This will assist you with captivating your customers and hold them. You can compensate your customers to reclaim those focuses. At the point when you will offer focuses to them they will come back again later on to cause a buy to reclaim those focuses. Setup a reward program for giving points and let customers redeem on their next purchase.
I can also suggest social login page like login with facebook, instagram , google ,linked in and twitter. which helps the customer to login easily .
I would wish that you will take this suggestions into consideration to increase traffic into your store. I suggest our app Tuecus -Customer Account page for enjoying all this features and to attract customers.
If you find it useful, leave a like to let me know! Thank you and the Very Best of Luck to you!
Thank you for your feedback @PageFly!
I have implemented many of your suggestions. I did originally have HD images in the carousel but they lost quality when they were compressed. I can't seem to get the HD images up without site analyzer tools telling me the file sizes are too big.
With regards to the product descriptions, I can't find a way to get them to line up. We are using the Turbo theme from Out of the Sandbox and I can't find a setting for this anywhere. The same goes for pausing the carousel when it is moused over.
I should mention I have basic knowledge of HTML & CSS and a little Liquid so if there's any minor coding needed I might be able to do it.
Thanks so much @EcomGeeks. The SEO video you shared was very helpful!
The checkout issue is due to the specific product you added to your cart, unfortunately, we cannot ship that brand outside of our province. Is this something we should be disclosing on the product pages?
- These should be aligned to each other.
- Add the ‘buy now’ button- it lets your shoppers purchase the products they want faster and avoid extra steps of the checkout process.
- Add a collection list on the homepage.
- Add a newsletter sign-up popup with a discount code to entice customers to sign up and get a discount code on their first purchase. This will help you to capture more email addresses so you can target them later on via email campaigns.
- Add web push notifications, it will help you to retarget your customers even when customers are not in your store without getting their email address. You can send back in stock and price drop alert notifications to bring customers back to your store. It also helps to reduce the abandoned cart rate.
- Add a referral program. Referral marketing is a cost-effective way to gain new and loyal customers. Because people are social creatures, individuals that are referred to your company are much more likely to remain loyal customers.
Overall, your store looks great! It looks professional and aesthetically appealing.
To implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store, you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion. This will help you to maximize engagement in your store and drive conversions. Bring all your marketing efforts to one place and don't bear the hassle of managing multiple apps in your Shopify store.
P.S- If you need help with setting up the features, feel free to email at email@example.com.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
I hope you are doing well! Have you implemented the suggestions and found the solution?
P.S- Free plan available, install AiTrillion for free here.
Looking forward to your reply!