Looking for feedback on my shop before launching, MiPrinter!

shopcami
Explorer
46 0 16

Hello, I would like feedback on my store website. It is a local, small scale and small print job printing service.

Is there anything I should add, remove? 

https://miprinter.ca/ password: camishop

Thanks!

shopcami_0-1624636375887.png

0 Likes
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1002 137 329

Hey @shopcami,

Congratulations on the launch of your store! I've taken a look through and have some feedback for you.

screencapture-miprinter-ca-2021-06-25-09_15_34.png

HOMEPAGE BANNER
I'd recommend adding in a homepage banner. That main banner area is prime real estate for selling.  One of the keys of selling is getting inside your customers head, what problem do they have that you can solve? Or what is it that they desire that you provide? Use words or phrases that they do to show that you understand their needs. We recommend using this type of text in your banner. For the format, we recommend having a professional photo of your products, a title introducing your brand or product, a line of text underneath that expands on your title and a call to action button such as "Shop Now". Here is an example:

macarons-04.png

If you need free stock photos, I'd recommend any of these websites:

PRINT TAB
I'd recommend adding in a "Print" or "Upload" tab at the top. Once a person leaves the homepage its unclear how to get to the place they need to upload and print documents.

SHIPPING
You need to add in an estimated shipping time at checkout for your registered mail (with tracking) option.

LOCAL
I’d recommend posting online to local community Facebook pages, marketplace, join any local small business groups, etc.

With every sale you do locally, make sure to include a business card with a discount for their next online order. This will create awareness that you have an online shop. Here is how to create a discount code:

You could also offer incentives such as free local delivery:

If delivery is not an option, or if you want to offer two things, you could offer local pickup as well:

I would highly recommend that you encourage your customers to leave a review on the products they purchase. Positive reviews are very valuable, they add a lot of trust to your store. Here is a video on how to add a free review app to your store:

I will leave it at that for now but if you would like to talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where we take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. If you would like to book a session, you can do so here: https://calendly.com/ecomgeeks/1-1-session

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

shopcami
Explorer
46 0 16

Thank you for your feedback @EcomGeeks !

I figured that a homepage banner would not work for this business because it is a service, not a product. I had a hard time finding stock photos that relate to this business. I will think about it - do you know how I can add a homepage banner without changing my theme? I will check the Shopify app store.

First the customer clicks how many pages they want in total and it leads them to the product page with the upload file button. Unfortunately I would have to have app customization done to add an upload file button at the top that automatically counts the pages uploaded and calculates a subtotal, it would be great if I could do that. As I do not have any revenue as yet nor market validation, I chose not to spend too much on website design at this time and had to find a way to make it work with Shopify's standard interface.

I will definitely add an estimated shipping time at checkout for registered mail (with tracking) - thanks!

I have apps installed for the rest of your recommendations: Privy ‑ Pop Ups, Email, & SMS and Stamped.io Reviews & UGC

Thanks again!

0 Likes
Sales12
Excursionist
7 0 1

Okay that good but try to make it easier for your customers to navigate 

shopcami
Explorer
46 0 16

Thanks for your feedback, @Sales12 ! Can you provide suggestions on how I can go about doing so?

0 Likes
Sales12
Excursionist
7 0 1

The best thing you can do is to find a better theme and great banners that can show more about what you are doing in the website. And design it perfectly in an orderly manner. 

But wait what is the store all about???

0 Likes
shopcami
Explorer
46 0 16

Hi @Sales12 

Not sure what happened to my responses but MiPrinter is a printing and delivery service that will provide an easy and affordable solution for customers to receive their documents from the comfort of their home. Customers will upload their file to the website, make the payment for the order, and the document will be printed at our shop and mailed to them by regular mail.

I would like a better website layout, but I am trying to keep costs low until I have revenue and complete market validation.

Do you know of any free apps that can add a nice large banner to my pre-existing theme?

0 Likes