Hope you are doing good. Your store looks nice and here are few suggestions.
Make header sticky for easy navigation. It helps customer to access menu at anytime they want.
Add a nice Hero banner of full width with Shop Now(CTA), as it gives first impression when visitor lands on the Homepage.
Add ATC(add to cart) buttons on the Products.
Give Contact us page link on the footer section.
You can promote your products with word of mouth strategy. Boost your sales with the app from the shopify app store which helps to increase your sales further. Improve your conversions by directly reaching those who close to your customers.
You can also sell your products on Etsy marketplace as it is very good platform to sell unique, handmade and Vintage goods . If you are already selling on Etsy store consider our Etsy Integration app in the shopify app store. Etsy is a Huge marketplace, if you have any unique or Handmade product in your store, you can give further exposure to your products.
There is no terms and conditions checkbox at checkout. I suggest you to install an app from shopify app store which provides 'I agree to the Terms and Conditions' before checkout .As it makes easy for the customer to read your terms and policies.
All the best!
This is an accepted solution.
This is PageFly - a Free Shopify Landing Page Builder. I would love to provide my recommendation for your store based on 5 years of providing solutions for over 90.000 active Shopify merchants. Personally, I think you story looks good, however, I still got some comments for you to better your store. Here they are:
1. Header menu & navigation
- You should make the logo background transparent which makes it look way better especially when the surrounding color is .
- The whole homepage layout is centered but this navigation is left-aligned. I think you should make it go to center so the page would look more consistent.
- You should include a sticky menu header helps customers to reach out to the menu and access the menu anytime they want.
2. Hero section
- You should include a section that goes full-width featuring prominent images of your products. A hero section like that will tell a lot of your product and brand quality. Images are also more likely to intrigue customers and make them stay to scroll through so I would suggest to lower down the amount of words and increase more visual content in hero section
3. Featured products section
- You should include secondary hover image, CTA button ("shop now", "buy now", etc.) for each product
4. Website layout differentiate
- You should consider some ways to differentiate sections from each other. For example, these 3 sections can have different background color so that customers will understand they are reading new type of content in your homepage.
- You should also should make the Heading of each section more outstanding.
5. Affiliate section
- This section if left-aligned when the whole page is center-aligned. You should make it center-aligned to make homepage looks more consistent
- You should place the link to a button rather than write it down like that
6. Homepage layout section
- You should consider to add more section to your page for example: social proofs, feature product, etc.
=> I have a guide on personalizing the Shopify home page, check it if you are interested in it because it provides many tips.
7. Product page
- One product should include from 3-5 additional images to show more angles of the product to potential customers
- Product description should include both wall of text and bullet point. I think you should try to use these 2 types of presenting information to make the description easier to scan.
8. Store speed
I did some test on your store speed, you could check the result here: https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.soapatico.co.uk%2F. You should base on this result and enable some useful tactic like Local file minification to make your web page loads faster, therefore increase the customer experience
This all I have to say, if you feel this comment is helpful for you to draw a good insight please give me a like and / or mark it as solution!
We're AllFetch - a Shopify app developer that offers FREE apps to help store owners grow their Shopify businesses - serving 10.000+ active merchants.
Have seen your store and I think your store has some parts to improve.
- You have lacked the banner (slider) on the homepage where you can show products and messages to your customers.
- This section has quite many words in my opinion. Also, when I hover in the "please refer to the ingredients list" text, I cannot click on anything. This will make your visits feel unhappy.
Instead of this section, you can have a section that shows the benefits when shopping at your store. And on each benefit, you can guide them to read more by being redirected to other pages.
- It seems those image reviews do not come from your customers. You need to ask them for the images. If not, you can take the photos on your own, but they need to be different from your product photos.
- Have seen your Instagram account, and it has a lot of good content. I think you can show the content on your site by having an Instagram feed. This will increase your social proof.
If you want to have one, the app Shoppable Instagram Feed by AllFetch will help you do that for FREE.
- You can add the Quickview or Quickbuy buttons to allow your customers to see more product details faster.
2. Product pages:
- The product description is too many words. You need to keep it simple, and if your customers want to see more, allow them to click on the "Show More" button.
- Keep the ATC button always visible by having a Sticky Add to Cart bar.
- Add more product reviews if you can.
- Offer a discount to your customers. For example, use Product Bundles to offer buy X + Y get a 15% off.
- You tell me that you don't have many sales, but you don't show where is the problem. Is this your conversion? or your traffic?
If you want to find a way to improve your business, you need to find the reasons.
- You need to have more sales channels. For instance, Google Shopping or Facebook Shopping.
If you have any future questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org We are willing to help.
This is an accepted solution.
- You can add a banner image in the background of this content.
- Add product categories in the header menu.
- Add a call to action button here.
- Add an announcement bar to highlight important information that you don't want your customers to miss out on.
- Start giving loyalty points on activities like on signing up, allowing for push notifications, follow or share on social media, on birthdays, visiting a store, leaving a review. This will help you to entice your visitors and will also increase the number of push subscribers, reviews, newsletter subscribers. A loyalty program helps in increasing sales and increasing the retention rate.
- Add exit-intent popup. Track when someone is about to leave your website and show the visitor an exit-intent popup with attractive offers and coupon code to complete the purchase.
To implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store, you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion. This will help you to maximize engagement in your store and drive conversions. Bring all your marketing efforts to one place and don't bear the hassle of managing multiple apps in your Shopify store.
P.S- Free plan available. Try AiTrillion for free here.
Hope you are doing well.
I understand how it can be frustrating to be doing everything right but still not getting your traffic converted to sales. You may find comfort in knowing that you're not the only one on that boat. Millions of Shopify store owners are facing the same problem. This is not because you are necessarily doing something wrong, but rather because Sales is an organic process, involving people getting to know you, visiting your brand, looking at your products, comparing them with others, and finally making the decision to purchase from you. So this takes some time, during which you have to hold on tight. But, you can't be just passively waiting for sales to grow, so I would recommend you look at these tips and see which ones you can use: You have great faith in your online shop, but why aren’t visitors converting?
Another Thing you could consider: Not all traffic is good traffic.
Traffic will only have any chance of converting to sales if they are being generated by the right consumer. If your product is for females under the age of 30, but your ads are being viewed by males over 50, that is a lot of traffic, but it will never convert to sales. So, before you spend on targeting, a good idea is to have a simple Google Trends search, that will tell you who is looking for the products you search, what is their age, gender and location. Then you can put forward some really targeted ads that are bound to generate clicks.
Hope this helps you. If you find it useful, leave a like to let me know! Happy Selling! Thank you and the Very Best of Luck to you!
This is an accepted solution.
Sorry to hear your sales aren't where you had hoped. I've taken a look through your store, hopefully my feedback will provide some insight as to what is going on.
First, if you are finding the monthly Shopify fee is too much, you could look at Shopify Lite ($9/mo) which will allow you to create products and use the checkout feature but you will have no storefront. You can use Shopify lite to take payment for in person sales/markets and you can also pair it with a website or your social media pages. With your social media pages you would tag items and then customers can click on the item and checkout. The downside of course is that you are losing the website you’ve built. If you’d like to read up on it, here is Shopify lite: https://www.shopify.ca/lite
Your main issue is you need sales so here is what I would do if I was in your position.
I’d start local.
First, I’d take a step back and say “okay, what holidays or occasions are coming up”. End of the school year is coming up, people are looking for gifts for teachers so I would be creating gifts for teachers.
Next, I’d connect with other small handmade businesses in my area and ask if they want to collaborate to put together teacher gift baskets. You could add a bath bomb, they might add a candle or a piece of jewelry, another person might add a handmade card, etc.
I’d post online to local community Facebook pages, marketplace, join any handmade groups, etc. If there are online markets I would join them and definitely in person when they are up and running again.
I’d also approach local gift shops and flower shops to see if they are interested in carrying a selection of your products or collaborating with you.
With everything you do locally, make sure to include a business card with a discount for their next online order. This will create awareness that you have an online shop. Here is how to create a discount code:
You could also offer incentives such as free local delivery:
If delivery is not an option, or if you want to offer two things, you could offer local pickup as well:
I would highly recommend that you encourage your customers to leave a review on the products they purchase. Positive reviews are very valuable, they add a lot of trust to your store.
Another thing you could do for marketing that would help you expand outside the local umbrella is to create videos of you making your products. You could either make them tutorials, teaching others how to make bath bombs, which could potentially lead to a different type of income for you (a course) or you could do a voiceover and talk about something you are passionate about that will resonate with your target audience. This can be tips and tricks, something about you personally or etc. You can do short 30 second to 1 minute videos for TikTok, IG Reels, Facebook. You can also do longer videos and post them on YouTube or Facebook. As for the platforms, right now I personally suggest TikTok & YouTube. You are going to grow way faster on TikTok right now than you could on IG Reels or Facebook.
It has the potential to be a double fold success for you because not only can you earn on the platforms themselves (ie. with YouTube you can get adsense, add affiliate links and do brand deals) but also you are driving traffic to your store and selling there as well. A good example of this in action is the Detail Geek. He has a service based vehicle detailing business and creates YouTube videos of himself detailing vehicles. He will mention products he is using and drive traffic to his online store AND he also earns adsense money by allowing YouTube to place ads in his videos.
I’d encourage you to think outside the box. There are so many ways you could run with this.
1. Teach others how to make bath bombs (either online or in person - much like a “paint night”)
2. Sell DIY kits with all of the supplies needed to create a one of your products at home.
3. Partner with other local small businesses and create gift baskets or create products that would compliment their product
Now, moving onto things about your website that I'd recommend.
The logo on your website is different than the logo you have on Facebook. Have a consistent logo and color scheme will give you brand identity. Your logo is one of those things that holds a lot of weight in how professional or unprofessional your store looks. I would highly recommend having a professional logo done up for your store, it’s a worthy investment.
Once your logo is finished, you can match the fonts and colors in your store to your logo. This is going to level up your store even more and make you look very professional.
The current color scheme is a little hard on the eyes. Again, i'd recommend matching colors to your logo once you have one done up. When it comes time to do that, if you want to add pops of color, it's best to do it on things like buttons, link colors and your navigation bar. When you start changing background colors and font colors, it quickly becomes too much and starts taking away from where the focus should be - on your products.
One very important piece of selling is getting the right kind of traffic to your store, your target audience ((high traffic is not a good thing if it is the wrong kind of traffic). Good SEO will help you reach your intended audience organically. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want to make sure you include the same words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO that you can watch here:
I will leave it at that for now but if you would like to talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where we take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. If you would like to book a session, you can do so here: https://calendly.com/ecomgeeks/1-1-session
We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!
Best of luck!
I had a look at your website, it looks great. There are few areas still needs improvement.
Add trust badges on home page, try add them on product details page too.
Social login: I would like to suggest social login page like login with facebook, instagram , google ,linked in and twitter. which helps the customer to login easily .
Store credits: Store Credits helps to increase the orders, and make customers to buy the products with rewards and store credits. You can give store credits for registration, subscription, Order credits, Cart Value, Item review, Monthly, Birth day, Referral and many more. This will assist you with captivating your customers and hold them. You can compensate your customers to reclaim those focuses. At the point when you will offer focuses to them they will come back again later on to cause a buy to reclaim those focuses. Setup a reward program for giving points and let customers redeem on their next purchase.
Recently viewed products : As per navigation, customers sometimes may lost track of their products they wished to purchase, try to add recently viewed products feature.
You can create a videos on your products and these also you can share on social media pages daily, this will helpful for your conversions.
I would wish that you will take this suggestions into consideration to increase traffic into your store. I suggest our app Tuecus-Customer Account Page for enjoying all this features and to attract customers.
I hope this is helpful ! If you find it useful, leave a like and accept solution to let me know!
I hope you are doing well! Have you implemented the suggestions and found the solution?
P.S- Free plan available, install AiTrillion for free here.
Looking forward to your reply!
Thanks for the review of my shop. I really appreciate it. I took a look at this AiTrillion app, I love that everything is in one app. At the moment I have a few apps and they do exactly the same things. So it is not solution for increasing my sales at the moment. I added the action button at the top of my website and improved affiliate link like you recommended. My website looks better now:) Thank you.