Looking for feedback on my store, Bird and Button

Tourist
4 0 0

Hi everyone,

My Shopify store has been live since August 1st and I haven't had any sales (apart from a couple of friends).

I'm aware that I need to advertise and plug my store on social media, which I'm doing, but I could do with getting some honest feedback on what I can do to improve how my store looks and how to improve my SEO.

I'm completely new to this and not that savvy when it comes to SEO - I know what it means and have been able to add lots of tags and alt text to my images and very basic stuff like that, but I've no idea if I've missed something really obvious or even if what I've done is right!

I have a link on the main menu on the home page which is 'Made to Order' and you only get to see the full range of my shades if you click that, so I'm thinking of changing that so that all my shades are visible on the home page without having to click a menu option - I would presumably have to have these spread across a few pages.

This is my shop: https://birdandbutton.co.uk/

I'd be really grateful to hear your thoughts and advice.

Thanks everyone x

0 Likes

Hi @JacquieM !

If you are interested in investing in digital marketing strategies such as SEO, I think you could use a very useful tool such as Google Ads. If you are interested in this, let me recommend you our app Google Ads & Google Shopping (Over 1200 reviews), we are Premier Google Partner and with this app, we can create for you Search or Display campaigns for free (there are other functionalities that will be only available with our premium plan but for starting with Google Ads, our free plan will be enough!) 

I hope this has helped you, and don't hesitate to contact me if you have any further questions!

0 Likes
Trailblazer
125 9 45

Hi @JacquieM 

Your products display on the store look beautiful and attractive. Here is my humble feedback. I don't think you need much to change in the store. You can go great guns with some tweaks and proper marketing strategy. First of all, the homepage banner headline is not quite attractive at the moment and it's less readable due to its color and background contrast. You need to make sure to make the heading more clear. Apart from that, have a good caption there as well other than the welcome message. The main positioning statement clearly communicates the customer value. 

Ali-92_0-1606391014341.png

To improve the SEO, start a blog page and share weekly articles revolving around your target niche's pain points or questions to which they want to answer. To find the relevant keywords, you can do Google autocomplete search and install a free extension called keywords everywhere. The effective way is to choose those relevant keywords that have good search volume but also have low competition. 

Add a live chat widget to your store so that you can welcome your potential buyers. You can add a Facebook chat widget in there. Moreover, do collect visitors' email ids so that you can retarget them with email campaigns. Pay closer attention to your cart abandoners. Make your store alive and interactive by integrating a spin a wheel gaming app to offer discount codes to your potential buyers. You can implement these strategies by integrating wheelify and abandoned cart recovery email by Care Cart. They have free plans available too.

Also, I would suggest integrating social proof into your store. This also helps in faster conversions when users will come to know that XYZ has purchased your product they will be inclined to buy yours. For BFCM, Cart abandonment would be higher so try to capture your audience by implementing some of these techniques to make an audience and get some sales, after that it can create a ripple effect through social proof. Hope the answer helps. 

Shopify Marketing Solutions: https://apps.shopify.com/partners/care-cart
Pathfinder
123 11 49

Hello @JacquieM 

Your lampshades are nice, but you may consider adding some changes in your font colours. which are not visible on the first image that we see in the homepage. 

Also, instead of keeping your tabs (such as ready to ship and delivery and returns) on the side, consider putting it on the top so that they are more visible.

Hope this helps, 

Thank You!

If you found this helpful, leave a Like to let me know.
If this answers your question, please rate this as an accepted solution :)

M, from the Business Development Team of
Cutoutwiz
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
844 21 243

Hi @JacquieM !

Add a favicon

I highly recommend changing the theme of the store, now your theme does not look professional.

90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.

Imagine if you saw something that you quite like in the store, however you want to browse more, get more options, and then choose the best one. That often happens to me, because I am indecisive. That is when Wishlist comes in handy. Since you have a lot of products on your site, I recommend adding that feature to improve the user experience on your site. Besides, if the items on the wishlist have not been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder.

Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer. 

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Login + more

Increase conversions with ease here
Shopify Partner
2090 117 381

Hello @JacquieM, I hope you are doing well! Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase:

- Add a call to action button on the banner image.

- Add testimonials on the homepage. 

-  You can give product recommendations by personalizing the consumer shopping experience through gathered data, you can give better suggestions to your customers, which will then increase the likelihood that your customers will purchase a suggested product. Add section of trending, new, recently viewed. 

Add loyalty program. You can start giving loyalty points to your customers on different activities like signing up, visiting a store, making a purchase, allowing for push notifications, sharing or following on social media. This will help you to entice your customers and retain them. You can reward your customers in order to redeem those points. When you will give points to them they will come again in the future to make a purchase in order to redeem those points. This encourages repeat purchases which increase sales and help in retaining your customers.

- Add web push notifications which will help you to bring back visitors who bounced from your site and convert them into paying customers. Even more astounding, this can increase customer retention by 7x times. This will clearly impact your retention.

Hope this helps!

If you are looking to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
Shopify Partner
417 9 68

Hello @JacquieM 

I am Vinod from Bombay India - Providing Professional Google & Bing Ads Management, Conversion Rate Optimization, Email Marketing Services to small & medium business clients across the globe.

I saw your website. Good Product(s) Good niche. Before spending any $$$ on digital marketing channels - please see below feedback.

Home page you need to create sections (Made To Order) (Best Sellers) About The Company Add Insta Feed above footer. (honestly home page needs some tweak)

I need to understand and ask you - which is the target market you are targeting to sell the products you are making.How is the demand of these products in your local market as well as other international markets. You have mentioned your Lampshades are made from PVC can you mention this on all product pages as in if all lampshades are made from PVC or any other material.

Mention your address and try to add a picture of the store or the owner of the store.

Mention a phone number for local market and add a contact page with a contact form.

As you have mentioned that you can make the lampshade in the material that the customer can provide you please mention this on MADE TO ORDER PAGE and Other Product Pages too with a drop down as i will provide the material (customer will provide material) and the cost will be ofcourse a bit different. So people know that there is an option of that too.

From checkout page a customer cannot go to cart page.

Wouldn't you love to increase sales & conversions ? Perfect!
I would Love to grow your product sales with below services & better ROI.
You can email me on my id mentioned.

Thanks

Vinod

Vinod Sachdev.
Digital Marketing Consultant
Google & Bing Ads | Web Design & Development | Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO)
15+ years Industry Experience & Knowledge of Latest Web Technologies
250+ Clients Served - across USA, UK, Spain, Caribbean Islands, India & more.
625+ Paid Ads Search, Shopping, Display, Re-Marketing Campaigns Successfully Managed which achieved higher sales
100+ Custom Websites & Landing Pages Designed & Developed

email vinod.digitalcentrics@gmail.com | https://digitalcentrics.com/
0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 0

Hi,

Thanks so much for your feedback. I'm not familiar with a lot of the terminologies so it's taking me a while to work out what everyone is advising me!

I saw that you suggested that I add a 'call to action' button on the banner image. Could I please get some clarity on this? Where do you think I should be directing people to with the button?

Thank you,

Jacquie

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 0

Hi,

Thanks so much for taking the time to look at my site.

I'm somewhat overwhelmed by the number of choices available in the themes, that's why I opted for a free one.

I have no experience in setting up a Shopify site (or any other sites) so I find it very difficult knowing what will work for my products. Given that my lampshades are all the same shape, is there a theme that you could suggest that would work for me?

I don't want to spend money on a theme that doesn't look right as I don't have much money at the moment.

Thank you,

Jacquie

0 Likes
Pathfinder
123 11 49

Hello @JacquieM 

Here is a banner and a call to action or a shop now button. When you click on the Shop now button, it takes you to the page where all the products (in this case watches) are. This can be created in your Shopify theme (even free ones). And you can add multiple images in the banner, in the form of a slide show. This means that the pictures will automatically come one after the other. 

CutOutWiz_0-1607102485363.png

Regarding your Shopify theme: 

I understand your financial issues, and I would suggest for the time being, staying on the free ones. There are a lot of them to choose from. Try looking at themes with a light background, as your lampshades are pretty colourful as it is. Mainly, the theme determines how you place your images. For you, you need big images (doesn't have to be too many, as you don't have a large collection) and you also need one that is soothing to the eyes. Try to play around with the Themes and select one that fits with your shop and makes you go Aha! This is an extremely personalized choice, as your theme will let your audience know who you are, and what your products stand for. 

Hope this helps! 

Thank You!

If you found this helpful, leave a Like to let me know.
If this answers your question, please rate this as an accepted solution :)

M, from the Business Development Team of
Cutoutwiz
0 Likes