Looking for feedback on my store (Mobile View)

Solved
BlomdahlAU
5 0 0

Hi,

I have recently revamped my website and would like your honest feedback on the site, especially on the mobile view.

We have tried to make it as mobile friendly as possible but we are finding the site looks wordy overall.

What do you think of it?  What can we do to improve the mobile friendliness/responsiveness of the site? 

My site: blomdahl.com.au 

Thanks lots!

0 Likes

Hi @BlomdahlAU,

First & foremost, I would say that I love the clean look of your site. Since you've asked about the mobile experience, I'm having some recommendations that might help you to increase the conversion rate on the homepage.

I've agreed with you that the site looks wordy overall. However, you can fix this by adding more images to support the ideas you're trying to convey on the homepage. That way, it will look less wordy & bring a more aesthetic appeal to your site. While adding images to your homepage, please keep in mind to use the photographs which express the quality of your product or show the positive connection of your products & the customers. You can take a look at the banner of Potteryban for references.

image.png

Next thing is product categories, I can see that you have several product categories here, why not showing all of them directly on your homepage? This could tell visitors about the product diversity & quickly make them aware of what you're selling. Since images demand so much attention, visitors primarily rely on homepage visuals to infer the site's product catalog so it's important to display product categories featured with an image on your homepage.

I hope that my recommendations will help you in some ways. Feel free to let me know if you have any concerns. Best regards!

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
- Get tips to personalize your page
- PageFly Page Builder: WebsiteYoutube | PageFly Community | Facebook| LinkedIn | Twitter
- Discover Shopify Stores’ Secrets with Koala Inspector
0 Likes
Sajay
Shopify Partner
140 16 47

Hey @BlomdahlAU

Congratulations on the new look! Your store looks consistent in design and the website has smooth navigation, so good work!

Here are my observations:

1. It does look a bit wordy, I agree. How about adding an image of the product (like the image you’ve added of the woman in the earring), in the first fold itself? That will allow you to remove all the subtitle text. That might allow you to remove the subtitle text (and add it in the next fold)
  2. How about moving the product and testimonial section above some of the other sections? I felt like I had to scroll a lot to reach the actual products. Since your main aim is the product, bringing them to attention sooner might help. They have images also, so it’ll be a change in the constant flow of words.
  3. Make your testimonials more human. You can try adding customer images along to the text - it will increase trust for the users who see it.
  4. You can further highlight your products using product badges like Sale, Fast Selling, Bestseller, etc to tap into psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency.

I think it’s just an overall lack of images/illustrations which might turn people off. Everything else looks solid!

I hope my advice helps. Let me know how it goes! 

Cheers.

If you found this helpful then please Like and Accept Solution

ModeMagic | Product badges and labels to boost conversions
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
0 Likes
BlomdahlAU
5 0 0

Hi @PageFly ,

Thank you so much for your constructive feedback! 

We will definitely look into adding more images onto the mobile site to make the site look less wordy .. without impacting the desktop view much.

Would you think re-sizing the font size will help the overall view of the site?

0 Likes
BlomdahlAU
5 0 0

Hi @Sajay ,

Thank you so much for your constructive feedback! 

Definitely agree on the lack of images, we'll take this into consideration and look to add more images onto the mobile site.

How about moving the product and testimonial section above some of the other sections? I felt like I had to scroll a lot to reach the actual products. Since your main aim is the product, bringing them to attention sooner might help. They have images also, so it’ll be a change in the constant flow of words.

Our main aim is actually not selling the product but rather providing information about safe ear piercing and skin friendly jewellery. In your opinion, does this message being conveyed on website? (both desktop and mobile)

Make your testimonials more human. You can try adding customer images along to the text - it will increase trust for the users who see it.

Will look into this :) - thank you

0 Likes

image.png

I've just viewed your site again & I must say that it looks much better now in comparison to the previous version. To me, the font-size on the desktop is fine but it should be smaller on the mobile. As you can see here, I tried to experiment with the font-size on your mobile via site inspector, it seems to have more breathing space ;) Just do more experiments & let me know when you find the best look on the mobile.

Have a great day, @BlomdahlAU 

- PageFly Page Builder: WebsiteYoutube | PageFly Community | Facebook| LinkedIn | Twitter
0 Likes
BlomdahlAU
5 0 0

Hi @PageFly ,

If it's all-right, would you be able to share with me the link to the site inspector you used? Thank you ! 

I have been playing around with Photoshop by screenshot-ing each page and editing from there. 

0 Likes

This is an accepted solution.

Of course, it just requires few CSS skills to experiment with font-size on a live page. Let me do a record & show you ;)

Please refer to this link: https://www.loom.com/share/6d5abce72a554b4eb01fced8aa6efe0d

If you're using Chrome on Mac then click (Command+Shift+C) or (Control+Shift+C) if you're using Windows.

BlomdahlAU
5 0 0

@PageFly You're a lifesaver! Thank you so much, this will makes my life easier :) 

0 Likes