Looking for feedback on my store (Modstop)

Modstop
Tourist
8 0 1

Hi All,

New to this and have done everything myself other than buy a theme,

Some feedback on my store would be much appreciated.

So far since being live and having no advertising running and not that many products listed have done well with visitors but not so well with sales, i expect due to the Covid-19 that has crumpled peoples paypacks.

https://www.modstop.co.uk/

Thanks

Matt

Modstop Ltd

0 Likes
Rockpapercopy
Shopify Expert
1208 61 364

Hi Matt! Maggie, Shopify Expert here :) 

Great looking store and quite engaging.

I recommend optimizing the hero image - add a short tagline [3-4 words] describing the product in the picture in more detail - this way the visitors will know right away what you are selling:

Screen Shot 2020-04-24 at 17.24.50.png

Make sure to add a CTA [Shop Now!] text or a button in the image and link it with a relevant collection or a product. This way you’ll invite people to browse your collections, improve the time they spend on your website [important for SEO] and reduce the bounce rate.

The newsletter sign up box appears on every page blocking the view, though I have closed it several times - it can be annoying after a while and can definitely affect your conversion rate, so make sure to change the settings on this pop-up:

Screen Shot 2020-04-24 at 17.26.55.png

Here are a few guides that might help:

Looking for a more detailed critique? Reserve your free website audit here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/audit/ 

Best regards,

Maggie

Shopify Expert | Ecommerce SEO Wizard

Modstop
Tourist
8 0 1

HI Maggie,

Appreciate the feedback,

I have taken your advice and added a button and a little bit of text to the main image when you visit the site - Although i am having some trouble getting the main images to fit the space correctly which is bugging me (don't suppose you have some advice on this?)

Capture1.PNG

I have also amended the text on the pop up and changed it so that if you click "Don't show again" you will now not see if for another 7 days 

Capture.PNG

Working on getting all my suppliers products listed and will then be fosucing on SEO & Advertising - at the moment im trying to get as many products on the site so that i can target a larger audience once i properly "launch" it

Kind regards

Matthew

Rockpapercopy
Shopify Expert
1208 61 364

Hi Matthew,

Happy to help :) I like that you are making the changes - make sure to crop the banner image to the proportions as outlined in your theme [if it has the information there], or create an image at least 1500 x 1500px, and then crop the height [leaving the width as it is] until it displays as you'd want it. 

Modstop
Tourist
8 0 1

Ill Be honest Manish,

That sounds more like a sales pitch than advice.

Navigation will be an ongoing thing as i am having to add it as i add products for that specific section.

I have over 120k products to list, the nav may be clunky for a while.

I am not looking to hire anyone at the moment and would prefer actual constructive critism (ie, and issue and then how i could resolve it) rather than just a list of what you think are faults.

Kind Regards

Modstop

0 Likes
Aizada
Shopify Partner
385 34 156

Hi @Modstop 

I have not read the rest of the feedback you have received, so I might give out some repetitive information. 

First, your site is very dynamic and informative. It looks exactly how I would imagine a vehicle related site to look like. Your assumption about the effect of Covid 19 to the conversion rate is very relevant. Besides people being isolated and having no need in vehicles, there are a lot of families who have lost their jobs and cannot afford something that is not an essential commodity. With that being said, let's see what we can do with the site itself to reduce the negative impact of the pandemic. 

Since the niche you are in is quite expensive, you need to work harder to earn customers' trust. People need to be 100% sure they will receive the item in time and in the quality it claims to be before making the payment. It is great that you have the reviews function enabled on the product page. But people do not have the incentive to leave a review, so here is a dead circle. No reviews-no sales, no sales-no reviews. I recommend giving people discounts for leaving a feedback. It will help gather UGC aaaand motivate people come back and use their discount that they have. 

Besides, you can give discounts for any other actions that you want your customers to implement on your site. (whether it is making a purchase, or sharing your site)

Another thing is the way you are driving traffic. Clearly, the more relevant the traffic is  the higher the conversion rate. So I recommend driving traffic through the customers you already have. You can run a campaign that will give discount or  other perks to the ones who have shared your site with friends and that friends made a purchase. This is a great win-win strategy you can use in your business. Also, people tend to trust things that were recommended to them by friends. 

For both of the functions, I would like to offer you Growave. It is great for your site because it combines 6 functions within, providing a smooth user experience. Besides, we are having a discount at the moment, to support merchants during the COVID. 

As for some smaller changes 

-Add a favicon  (your logo or something that resonates with your brand)

-Hide the no reviews sign and show it only if there are reviews on the products page 

-Incorporate more of your brand colors into the site design (gray and red)

-The Subscribe to Newsletter is popping up every 10 seconds. Increase the interval to 5 minutes or make it pop only once. 

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post. 

Take care and stay healthy <3

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Sharing + more 

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes