Looking for feedback on my store! What can I improve? BIG thanks.

HPJ
Tourist
10 0 3

Hi guys any feedback on my store www.happypawsjewelry.com is welcome! I'm looking forward to improving it as much as I can.

BIG thanks to you all!

Peace,

P.

Hey @HPJ,

I've taken a look through your store and I have a few suggestions.

My first recommendation is to spend some time on your SEO. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want to be intentional about the words you use so that you are reaching your intended audience. A common mistake in SEO is using the wrong words. You have to include words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO:

My next recommendation would be to utilize Shopify's sales channels so that you can sell through your social media pages.

Other than that, great job! I think you are on the right track with your social media accounts and your website looks trustworthy and professional, well done!

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Have a struggling store and want to talk to talk to us 1-1? Need store tweaks? Email us at ecomgeeksco@gmail.com
LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
248 44 152

Hey there, @HPJ!

You have a great start on a Shopify store, and it looks like you’ve spent a lot of time and effort making it look good. You need to give yourself a pat on the back for that! Now it’s time to really make it shine. 

I would suggest using visitor behavior to drive your next round of changes. Learn how your visitors use your website to improve their experience and cater to what they’re looking for. 

For example, you have a lot of information on your homepage like your mission, your passion, and the jewelry. If visitor behavior shows that this information isn’t helpful to their buying decision or experience, you may need to promote/highlight those sections in a different way.

Diving into your website: 

• Pop-up: I would remove the first order wording. Unless you have a high number of repeat customers, I wouldn’t limit the deal at this point. I would also specify more than “stay up to date and get the best treats.” Remember that if visitors don’t know if they want to buy from you, they won’t know if they want to give you their email address.
  • Announcement bar: Link it and test different messages. Focus on one message rather than two. So instead of worldwide shipping AND order 2 items for free shipping, focus on just the free shipping. That being said, you may also want to consider offering free shipping in general. Run a poll to see the interest in free shipping and how it compares to other discounts. 
  • Navigation: This can be simplified a lot. Use a heatmap, which shows you where people click, move, and scroll, to see where people are clicking and follow-up with session recordings, which show you a recording of each visitor’s session, to evaluate how people move around your site. For example, Brand can be moved to the footer. Help and Reviews may be able to stay or be moved to the footer depending on how your visitors engage with them. 
  • Homepage: In general, it’s a nice page. However, be mindful of your CTA blending into the hero image. Also, use a scroll heatmap to see what information people are missing. It feels like a longer page with information that may not be relevant to the buying decision.
  • Collection Pages: Since your collections are smaller, there’s not much that needs to be included. My biggest suggestion is to focus on the filter. It’s not very helpful. Aren’t they all Upload Photos? What are Happy Paws? What’s the difference between All Products and All Products Collection? I would just remove it completely.
    LuckyDanny_0-1610748430180.png

• Product Pages: I’m on the Necklace Silhouette. First thing - shipping. You don’t reiterate free shipping at 2+ items anywhere. Again, this would be something to reconsider. If shipping is what stops someone from buying, wouldn’t it make sense to offer free shipping? Evaluate your business strategies and options. Are there photo requirements (i.e., file type, file size, etc.) You mention below your photo guidelines, but it’s still missing more information. Also, the IGOTLUCKY promo code is very random. Why is this buried? 
  • Little things: Make sure your social media icons open in a new tab. For your policy pages, make sure URLs and email addresses are hyperlinked (they aren’t in the privacy policy. The FAQ is a bit confusing when it mentions that you can turn any photo into jewelry; consider your website is Happy Paws Jewelry, it’s unexpected in a confusing way. Also, remove the phone number from your contact form - it has a high abandonment rate. (There are some random commas included in your description by material, pendant size, chain lenght (should be length), and laser engraved.)

It may sound like a lot, but keep in mind that you’ve done a lot of the hard work already. These next steps are the details that help take a store from good to high-converting.  Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps! Good luck! I can’t wait to see how your business takes off. 

Cheers - Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
Johnny_pro
Trailblazer
143 9 35

Hello @HPJ How are you doing>

I have reviewed your store and all I can say is that it's a top notch store. However, effective marketing strategy will only make it productive.

Do you need a digital marketer, message me maxxyplus1@gmail.com.
Cheers.

HPJ
Tourist
10 0 3

Thanks for the insight and for your time. :))

0 Likes
HPJ
Tourist
10 0 3

Thanks for your valuable insight and for your time Danny. Checking Lucky Orange right now :))

0 Likes
HPJ
Tourist
10 0 3

Thank you for your comment Johnny.

0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
2458 142 445

Hello @HPJ, I hope you are doing well! here are some suggestions that you can work on:

- Add product recommendations on the home page. Add a section of trending, new, and recently viewed products. 

- You should work on the pricing, I think it's quite high. You might miss out on sales.

You can start giving loyalty points to your customers on different activities like signing up, visiting a store, making a purchase, allowing for push notifications, share/ follow on social media. This will help you to entice your customers and retain them. You can reward your customers in order to redeem those points. When you will give points to them they will come again in the future to make a purchase in order to redeem those points. This encourages repeat purchases which increases sales and helps in retaining your customers.

- Enable price drop alerts and back in stock alerts to reach your customers to bring back them to your store and make them complete the purchase.

- Add exit-intent popup. Track when someone is about to leave your website and show the visitor exit-intent popup with attractive offers and coupon code to complete the purchase.

Moreover, if you would like to implement the above customer engagement features I suggest trying out the 'All in one' Shopify app AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions.

If you need help with setting up the features, I will be happy to help.

Hope this helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.