Looking for feedback on my store please - hardly any sales

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0
Hey, I hope everyone is doing well.
Launched my store recently been getting quite abit of traffic from Facebook/ Google ads (800 sessions) but hardly any sales from this and I have spent quite a lot on the ads.
Users generally spend a short time on my site but I believe this is because I only have 3 products.

Thank you I really appreciate it
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
15 1 5

Hey @Blackwoods ,

I was just looking at your store and it's actually really well structured and the store layout itself shouldn't be the issue. Your prices are very accessible for the average buyer and the product page is fairly well done. If you'd like me to nitpick on something, you could add a favicon so customers can start identifying your site easier. 

I do believe, however, that you might be targeting the wrong audience with your ads. I can't stress this enough on how important it is for you to tackle that ''golden niche'' of customers who are actually looking for beard oils and are willing to buy it. It's no use to have 800 sessions as you mentioned while little to no sales. You should start trialing audiences as opposed to sticking to the one you think is best and potentially waste your time and money on re-targeting ads for these people, who in reality, aren't really interested in the first place. 

To summarize, your store isn't the issue, you should get cracking on the targeted audiences.

Best of luck!

Miguel.

1 Like
Highlighted

Even with a good CTR or tons of traffic, if people are not buying then it's not the right traffic. Not all traffic is created equal. The one thing we tell each client is that you can get traffic of all kinds but that does not mean it's the right traffic for your store.

I'll leave some notes at the end to how we thin about marketing for our ecom clients. Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase.

Product Page  Feedback

1. Add a section at the bottom of product pages to show your most viewed/bought items from the site. This can help increase your average order value

2. Your product description should sit under your Add To Cart. This space is empty now and is valuable real estate on your product pages

3. I would also give the FAQ section it's only area and not try to fit the FAQ, product description and video all in that one spot. You are cramming everything in one area and it does not look great. If you are going to have links to your FAQ in the footer and main menu, you don't need to have it on the product description pages too. I would remove the FAQ from your product pages

4. Also work on the formatting of the product description section. There are extra line breaks/spaces where there does not need to be and generally could use a good clean up to make it look as professional as the rest of your site does

When our clients are looking to do paid ads on Google or Facebook. We recommend they start off on Google Shopping as you can target people based on what they are searching for. This means it's easier to get sales faster. You will need a Google Merchant Center and a Google Ads Account to run Google Shopping campaigns. After Google Shopping is working, we look at Facebook and setup a Dynamic Product Ads campaign on Facebook. 

Google Merchant Center
This is where you host and manage your products (SKUs), so you can use Google Shopping campaigns in your Google Ads (AdWords) account. You can add the Google Shopping app to your store and connect it to your Google Merchant Center... once you do this, you are almost set to run Google Shopping campaigns.

Google Ads (AdWords) Account
This is where you run and manage your Google Shopping campaigns from. You will need to connect your Google Ads account to your Google Merchant Center account above. Once you do that, you can run Google Shopping campaigns. Make sure you turn on Auto-Tagging in your account. Also, you can link your Google Ads account with your Google Analytics account... this helps make sure data is shared between them. Hopefully you have setup your Google Analytics account already. Make sure your bids are not to high and you have a good account structure.

Facebook Ad Account
If you have not, you should Setup your Facebook Catalog. That way you can run Dynamic Product Ads (DPA), which is remarketing/retargeting on Facebook and Instagram. When someone comes to your site and does not buy... you can show them an ad later on Facebook and Instagram. The DPA campaigns are always the best return on ad spend for our clients. It's good to start with site visitors or people who have added something to their cart/started checkout but have not bought anything.

Once you have that setup. You can see what is working and what is not working and grow the business. The above assumes you have setup your Facebook pixel setup for your site too. That way you can track your sales. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know

We help ecommerce & DTC brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0
Thank you for this in depth feedback really appreciate it and will start to put it into place.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0
Thank you for the advice you really helped me I appreciate it.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
216 17 83

Hey @Blackwoods 

Welcome to Shopify family. Hope your business is going well during these difficult times.

I just have a small tip. There still needs something to push me to buy - right now. Just like in a real life store, you want to display your best offers, top sellers, new arrivals right at the window of the store, isn't it? 
In the case of your store, I don't get this urgency at all.

Suggestion: Add some kind of stickers to showcase stuff like trending, running out fast, back in stock, hot seller etc.  Apps in Shopify app store can help with this by making the process very easy & simple. Also having some more trending or sale products in Home page will quickly grab customers attention.

Do check this out and let me know if you need any help.

Fayaz
PS: CoVid offer for all stores at https://community.shopify.com/c/COVID-19-Partner-Offers/Free-Credits-for-In-Store-Conversion-Sticker...

ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
0 Likes