Looking for feedback on my store www.melanin-girls.com

Tourist
6 0 1
Hi we recently launched our online store on Friday 8/16/19 and we are looking for feedback. We have had tons of visitors and literally just 4 orders and we don’t know why we aren’t getting more sales or if our products just don’t appeal to buyers. We just launched a free shipping over $75 campaign for this weekend hoping it changes but doesn’t seem to be working. Help
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello 

This is just my opinion but for me right away the color scheme was hurting my eyes .. maybe shoppers are clicking and just can't purchased due to unappealing color combos ? many shoppers like a simple, not so bright of a color scheme so they can look around a bit more( some may have issues with bright colors due to their eye sight if that makes sense )  .. that's just my opinion as I did not take a further look .. just first impression.

0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 1
I really appreciate that. Can you also take a further look to give me more feedback as well?
0 Likes

Hi @Melanin2019 

Few Suggestions 

Home Page: This needs to flow better. I would do this. 

• Slideshow Image 
  • Collection List 
  • Image With Text ( Something interesting maybe your vision ) 
  • Newsletter Sign Up ( Be Creative ) 
  • Popular Products ( 4- 8 MAx ) 

Main Menu: Need to clean this up a little. 

• Home 
  • Show Now ( Drop Down menu to collections ) 
  • Blog 
  • About 
  • Contact 

I love your logo. Keep up the good work. I'll also email you something that should really help you. 

Cheers 

Clayton Bates 

NO Sales ??? Learn More -----> here

0 Likes
8 0 0

Hi,

Overall I think your shopify store looks pretty good, But I noticed a couple of things that you might consider adding.

Thank you!

0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 1
What do you think we should add?
0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 1
Hi thank you for the feedback and I totally agreed with you. We have changed a few things but still no sales. We get tons of visitors daily and can’t figure it out .
0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 0

you might want to put a size chart for each item.  When I buy something online I have to see a chart so I know exactly what size to buy.

0 Likes
Trailblazer
363 21 89

Hi , 

Your store looks premium and has a good feeling throughout . 
I can confront you to some of the things in a very simple way, if you like you can apply to your store. This will help you in improving UI and overall functionalities to become more user friendly . Also it will build additional level of trust with the customer and drive you a lot better sales.

1. The logo is taking a lot of space in the header. You can reduce logo's size and align in parallel with menu.
    Favicon is barely visible.
  2. Also banner images are not that good, mostly are not full-width or either low in quality .You should replace all of them.
  3. Try to add some more blogs to fill up the space and now vacant space does'nt looks good.
  4.  Your social links are not working , which is a letdown.
    Make sure your social media pages opened at the new tab instead of the same tab. This will ensure your customers stay on your website while looking at your social presence.

5. Baymard Institute cites that more than 68% of online shopping carts are abandoned. If you're suffering from lots of traffic and little sales due to abandoned carts, you're not the only one— and PushOwl could be the answer you're looking for. Automated abandoned cart push notifications can help you increase sales and re-engage visitors to your site who have left.
  6. Checkout Boost let you increase checkouts and prevent cart abandonment. Incentivise customers with irresistible offers that boost your checkout rate by 25%+.
  7. You have around 52 prouducts , it can sometimes make it hard to find the right product for the new user with the type of theme you have so I would suggest you A smart search . The default search landing page is bit off, I mean it is empty https://melanin-girls.com/search?q= . Improving your search, experience has shown to improve conversion rates and reduce the bounce rate for your visitors.

8. Try using Sparq which allows advanced filters, typo tolerance and other such feature. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.They offer a free App under 100 products .You Should look for that APP , it is user friendly and easy to use .Check out the features live here. I hope my feedback will help you converting visitors into customers.

I hope my feedback will help you converting visitors into customers.

May it rains customers and orders,

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes