Looking for feedback on my store

Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 0

Hi there! I opened my store  (www.subtlesilk.com) last year and I have had a few sales but have had consistent traffic and very low sales considering the traffic. I design luxury lingerie and use the leftover lace to make bow ties and accessories that match her set. Sort of a date night or special event kind of product but completely practical if you want to just wear it for fashion.

I've been working on SEO and getting more images on the site with models so that is coming as well. I'd love feedback on the site usability, functionality, and overall aesthetics. Thank you so much!

Kind Regards,

Bailey

0 Likes

Cool niche idea with the bowties. Here are some things I noticed...

Homepage Feedback

1. When I use your navigation links, says "Sorry, there are no products in this collection" VS using the collection links over each image on the home page. Looks like they do to different URLs.

2. Look at adding a dash of colour on pages like contact or about us that just have tons of text

3. Consider adding a Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e. XY Of The Month). Pick one products and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great

Product Page  Feedback

1. Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search

2. Add a section at the bottom of product pages to show your most viewed/bought items from the site. This can help increase your average order value

3. ASOS and other leading fashion brands are doing little fashion videos for their product pages. Something you could film on an iPhone or latest Android and add to your site.

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with CRO & analytics: TakeSomeRisk.com
1 Like

Hello,

Congratulation for your store. I have gone through your store and hope the following suggestion will help you.

1. Optimize your store loading speed for mobile and desktop

2. Go for other theme and design

3. Optimize your product landing page

4. Use favicon and unique logo

5. Integrate your Instagram feed at home

Need more expert guidance? Please contact us here: https://ecommercetask.myshopify.com/

Thanks & Regards

MS Web Designer

Official Shopify Experts & Partner - https://experts.shopify.com/ms-webservices

20000+ Task Completed
1000+ Satisfied Client
9.9*/10 Customer Rating
10*/10 Shopify Services Marketplace
E-mail: hello@mswebdesigner.com
0 Likes
Trailblazer
279 17 74

Hi BaileyOrtley,

Your store looks amazing and the products are very pretty.

I have reviewed your website briefly and here are some of my feedbacks that you can implement on the site easily.

1. You can add favicon on the website, it’s simple and add uniqueness to the site as well.
  2. Make sure your social media pages opened at the new tab instead of the same tab. This will ensure your customers stay on your website while looking at your social presence.
  3. Add contact form, on the Contact page. It will add an additional level of trust to your store.
  4. Add a sale page, I can see you have products on discounted price.
  5. Add “add to cart” button in the collection page.
  6. Your accessories menu should open this page https://subtlesilk.com/collections/accessories#MainContent
  7. The default search landing page is bit off, I mean it's empty. You can show products on that page as well by simply updating the default search on the website with different search solution.
  8. I can see that you are using default search for Shopify which is pretty basic considering that it shows empty result page even for simple search queries, for eg.https://subtlesilk.com/search?q=bra. Improving your search experience has shown to improve conversion rates and reduce the bounce rate for your visitors. Try using different search solution such as Sparq which allows advanced filters, spelling correction and other such feature. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.

I hope my feedback will help you converting visitors into customers.

May it rains customers and orders,

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes
Tourist
8 0 0

Hi Duane,

Thank you so much for the feedback, I have updated the collection pages for the homepage so they are linked! In regards to the product descriptions I have writer working on that now, thank you! All very helpful ideas!

0 Likes
Tourist
8 0 0

Hi Neha,

Thank you so much for the great feedback, I have updated a lot based on your suggestions! I had a question about your recommendation on the searches. Do you mean I need to create more tags on the products so that people can search them easier?

Regards,

Bailey

0 Likes
Trailblazer
279 17 74

Hi Bailey,

Thanks for implementing my suggestions. I am happy my feedback was handy and you were able to make changes quickly. 

Regarding the search suggestion, Yes more tags will help but other then that upgrading the store default search feature to advance search application such as Sparq will allow you to add synonyms, spelling correction, advance custom tag filters and much more. Here is an example of the site using the benefits of Sparq Search https://www.ofrida.com/search?q=

I can help you in getting on board with Sparq and feel the difference between the user experience before and after the implementation.

May it rains customers and orders,

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes