Looking for feedback on my store!

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 0

Hi Everyone!

Happy Weekend!

I would absolutely love and appreciate all feedback on my store!

www.thegreenbeautylounge.com

Thanks so much!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 1 1

This is an accepted solution.

I think this is a good start as far as overall structure. The home page has a lot of content—I would pare that down quite a bit. Just leave your overall value proposition (ideally at the top in the hero section instead of "Celebrating 5 years of business") and introduce visitors to the types of products you carry. I think your "Promise & Mission" blurb is great and should be expanded to tell that story all throughout the home page, using the products to back it up.

There are so many products on the home page that I'm concerned about information overload. The home page should introduce the visitor to your brand and the types of products you sell. Having too many products here can be confusing. 3–4 products (one row) for each section (New Arrivals, for instance) would be best. You can create a small link that says "See all new arrivals from Sudsatorium" to drive visitors deeper if they're interested.

With regard to design, I don't think you're showing your brand personality much at all. The products you carry are well-designed and I think you could use that to your advantage throughout the website. Larger, high-quality imagery comes to mind immediately. Showing photos of people using the products would give the site a nice level of professionalism and immersion.

If you have any budget at all, I would recommend at least consulting with a professional designer to get their input. If you'd like to stay the DIY route, take a look at some successful skincare eCom brands to see how they treat their home, collection, and product pages.

The more niche the brand, the more specifically their design will convey their personality.

https://www.milkmakeup.com/ has a very specific design language and that really sets them apart from others in the cosmetics space.

https://imancosmetics.com/ is made for women of color and they tell that story beautifully throughout their entire home page, tying that message into their products the whole way.

https://credobeauty.com/ is a reseller as well. I think they do a better job of laying out their site than Sephora and Ulta. Credo keeps things simple while also making great use of space on the home page. Everything on their site just feels more "put together" if that makes sense. From the home page through the product pages.

There are a ton of other beauty eCom sites you could take a look at for inspiration.

I think your site has a lot of potential just based on the products you're selling. Leverage that through messaging and photography. With some experimentation and feedback you can just keep improving with time.

Of course, this is just speaking based on experience. The best way to know how things are going is to set up analytics, heatmaps, recordings, feedback tools, and interview some customers (or potential customers)—you can do most of these for free or at a very low cost. Every brand is different and has to take a different approach to resonate with their customers.

If you have questions feel free to ask away.

Good luck with your store!

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 2

Hi @RaineyRaine 

The products you offer on your site are awesome.

Here are some key elements you could improve on:

• Home Page (Popular products and new arrivals on scroll so it isn't cluttered and flows better)
  • Checkout (Needs to be consistent with the rest of the website e.g. include logo)
  • Add an 'about us' page to create trust with visitors 
  • Mobile friendly (optimise for mobile as most visitors will be viewing on mobile)

Here are some links to videos that could really help you out:

Hope this feedback helps. Reach out if you need anymore help. 

Cheers,

Celina

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1958 123 433

Hey Green Beauty Products,

Below listed points would surely help you optimize your store:

• Align all "footer links" vertically for symmetric footer arrangement.
  • Include "gmail address" in the "Contact Us" section for better customer interaction.
  • For better traffic and sales , you can Run some advertisements from the popular app Kit . Kit is the extra set of hands you’ve been looking for to help with marketing your store. As your FREE virtual employee, Kit will recommend the marketing activities most likely to drive sales.
  • You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  • Filters are very important for customers in order to identify the correct product from the huge catalog. So, you should look for advanced filter options for your store.
  • Finally, I would also recommend you to try Sparq product filters and search to replace the default search on your store, this app allows advanced custom tag product filters for collection pages, synonyms, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with the search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here

I hope it helps.

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1769 111 320

Dear RaineyRaine,

Congratulation for your store.

Hope following suggestions will help you.

• Add a favourite icon so users can locate your webpage easily.
  • Header - Have a sticky header and a clear search bar to help users locate the products they're looking for. Example of Good Header
  • Footer - Optimize your footer with social links.
  • Custom search - Customize the search icon with a toggle effect so the search form slides out when user clicks on the icon. Makes your site look neat.
  • Custom Slider with Call to Action - Make your site more visually appealing when you add your products in an interactive slider with prompt call to action.
  • Over All Text , Font , Paragraph , Alignment , Spacing , Padding etc to make it more elegant - Make your store well-organized, neat and visually appealing and add to the user experience.
  • Balancing color ., font images etc. - Maintain the same or similar colours and fonts throughout your store to keep your branding intact.
  • Highlight your USP - What's unique about you and your brand that none of the other Shopify merchants have? This needs to be highlighted in your store presentation, features & more.
  • Human Touch : About you and your business - Highlight what makes you different and personalize your offerings when you write about your brand in a custom About Us section.Example of Nice Home page
  • Featured Collection - Add all the top featured products on the homepage so users know the type of products you're selling on your store.
  • Add testimonials on the home page to make the store look more professional.
  • Featured / Bestseller products - Engage your customers by letting them know the bestseller products on your store.
  • Promotional banner on collection page - You can show images of featured, bestseller or popular products on the collection page banner.Example of Good Collection Page
  • Product filter for easy navigation - Categorize & filter products by their size, colour or type so users find product to product navigation easy.Example of Ideal Product Page
  • Cart Page : discount code , Gift wrapping , additional cart notes , delivery date picker, i agree with terms and conditions, trust badges, etc. - Personalize your customer's shopping experience with these features on your cart page.
  • Index all products at Google
Best Regards
MS Web Designer | MS Web International | Task4Store
Contact Us: https://www.task4store.com/pages/contact-us OR task4store@mswebdesigner.com
9.9/10 Customer Rating | 1000+ Happy Clients | 100% Satisfaction Or Money Back Guarantee
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
330 13 65

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @RaineyRaine welcome to Shopify family

I Hope your business is going well during these difficult times. I checked your store website, and I have a few tips and feedback I'd like to share

1. The logo size on homepage can be decreased and be shifted from center to top left, About us and Contact us can be added to the header with Home this shows off that your unique and no one is running a business like yours for the same reason that you are. 
2. Engaging audience by writing blogs with good titles and posting it on differnt social media platforms will give an impression to audience as you are master of content and will look upto you for further knowledge.
3. Attaching social media profile links like LinkedIN, Twitter, Facebook in footer and promoting your brand on these platforms will help you to reach out mass audience
4. Adding a wishlist will be useful as the customer might add the product and will save it or may buy it later. Ask your customers to give feedback on the products purchased.
5. A minimum of 3-4 images of every product is required as the user gets to review the product more closely, ensure that every product has large images in the product view that zoom to fill the browser window.
6.  A section of most liked/purchased product on the landing page would help as most of your products will be reviewed in gallery.
7. You need to create urgency and social proof on your store for that you need to add top announcement on your store like adding visually attractive stickers like number to products left, upcoming sales, In trend will create urgency grab the attention and excite the customer.

I hopw this helps!

Munawar.

ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
Want a free store consultation to boost your sales? Send me a message.
Grab your limited time offer on install today!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 0

Thank you! I really appreciate your input and take it seriously. Cheers!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 0

Thank you! Yes! This really helps!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 0

Thanks! Awesome! I will look at all of those apps today!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 0

Thanks so much!! I really appreciate that!

0 Likes