I just launched my Shopify store last week and just wanted to get some thoughts on my site.
I design and sell art for nursery and toddlers rooms and plan to expand to clothing and other accessories once Printful is a little faster with producing those items.
I seem to be getting traffic. I get between 30-50 visitors per day, even hit 162 one day. But with all that being said, no sales other then friends and family. I’ve had a lot of nice comments on my instagram page informing me that people like my prints but no one seems to purchase anything. I know it’s only been a week but I’d like to get your thoughts. Does the site look sketchy? Are my prices too high? Or is my art just not worth buying for a nursery?
I left the link to my site below as well as my Instagram. Any help would really be appreciated!
Thank you in advance!
Hi @TinyDreamFactor !
Welcome to the Shopify family and congrats on your store!
1. The header looks very unprofessional - your logo is stretched out a lot. Make it smaller and the header also.
2. You have a very bright and colorful hero banner with very nice images - add the CTA buttons as "Shop now"
3. If your website doesn’t have a blog already, make creating one a priority. But if you have a blog, it gives people a reason to keep coming back. Blogs also help improve your SEO because you’re constantly adding new content to your page. The strongest results came from the most frequent posts.
4. The items in your store are more on a luxurious and expensive side, therefore I recommend giving back to your customers by rewarding them with free shipping, discounts, and other goodies for spending a certain amount of money on your site. That way, letting your customers know that you care about them.
5. Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer.
6. Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.
Without further ado, I came to an opinion that you will find our app Growave quite useful. I do not want to sound salesy or offer you something you do not need, but I truly think that it will help improve the functionality of the app. Here is why:
You are already using a Review app. And Growave has it along with Rewards, Referral, Instagram,Social Sharing, Wishlist and Social Login.
Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.
Hey @TinyDreamFactor ! Glad to see your site inclined towards toddlers
1. Your header is quite big and it's eating a loot of space that can utilised somewhere else! Compared to your logo, you can see that search and shopping cart button looks so small that it's next to invisible! Although you've made sure that search and cart button moves down as I navigate downwards .. that's great!
2. You've added decent images, but they are not enough to draw kids attention! To make your store look like a store crafted for toddlers, you need to have a store that's loaded with cartoon characters, superheros and much more! Go to marvel's official site or Marve's fandom website - There, in the background, they have all the MCU superheroes .. (Most of the times, I end up staring the background more)
3. I don't want to say this, but there is one area which looks unprofessional! Overlapping is a big turnoff and it doesn't ooze out good vibes. Please look into it immedietly!
4. Have you tried Shopify's size.link app? Because you're into selling some cool decorative frames, you can allow users to check the frame on their walls with the help of AR !! This is a must if you're into selling decorative items! User's can pick up one of your frame, and test it on their walls (With the help of their smartphone) This definitely increases the chance of buying!
5. Although you're on Instagram, but you're missing one great social media platform - Pinterest!
6. Why don't you have a white background of your store? This way, there will be more emphasis on your products. Also, include product offering in the header menu rather than shifting them in left corner.
7. Because ultimate buyers of your products are parents, you should find a way to talk to them. Having Blog section on your store would be great! This way, you can educate, communicate and spread awareness to your readers and your store will be there on the SERPs!
I'm from CedCommerce - a group of coders and tech enthusiasts trying to help eCommerce guys with their store set up. You can reach out to me anytime for any kind of customisation ; add-ons or drafting sales/marketing/social media strategy! We have helped quite a few entrepreneurs in their journey, and if you need a helping hand, we would be glad to offer one!
Ps. I'm just a message away!
Wish you luck for your Shopify journey! Cheers! .-.
Hello @TinyDreamFactor ,
I just had a look at your store, your store looks great. I have a few suggestions for you hope they might help you.
I hope our feedback helps you.
Congratulations for your store!!
I’ve gone through your store and found that there are quite a few things missing on your store which if added can really make a lot of difference to the user experience, conversion rate and your overall sales. Here is a page-by-page/sectional review of your site:
I hope your business is going well during these difficult times. I checked your store website, and I have a few tips and feedback I'd like to share,
1. The header space is too large, you can increase the size on the homepage. Free Shipping can be added as this is the biggest excitement to customers.
2. Ask your customers to add feedback to the products as 90% of the products will be reviewed.
3. A section of most viewed products on the homepage by adding this all the products on the gallery will be reviewed.
4. Ensure that every product has large images in the product view that zoom to fill the browser window.
5. The addition of video to a landing page increases conversations by 80%. evaluate your competitor’s websites after browsing through a few of their websites, compare your findings to your own site.
6. Branded video content is likely to take over consumers who are 300% most likely to watch a video about a product rather than read a description.
7. Product badges are a great way to highlight specific products in your store so they stand out. Getting your customers to take notice of the best product offerings and promotions means your sales campaigns should be even more successful. You can even combine product badges with proven marketing techniques such as scarcity and social proof and your products should sell even faster.
I hope this helps