Highlighted
Tourist
17 0 3

Hi everyone. Looking for feedback on my store https://dog-shopi.myshopify.com/

Just starting out, but so far it looks pretty good

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hey @petpourripets,

First impression when I land on your website is I can't tell what it is you sell. You have a slideshow of images of different pets and the title "Your Pets Are the Heart of our Business". The text is very vague, I would change that so that people know right away that you sell pet supplies.

screencapture-dog-shopi-myshopify-2020-11-09-10_01_13.png

The other thing I notice is about your design is the navigation bar. The navigation link in the top left-hand corner isn't where the eye is trained to look for it, I do think it will be missed by a lot of people. I would recommend adding a navigation bar below your title so that visitors can easily find their way around.

You sell a wide range of pet products, you have things for dogs, for birds, for fish, for reptiles and etc. I think the mistake people make in selling so many products is that they assume they will appeal to everyone, but unfortunately it has the opposite effect. After weeks and months of plenty of traffic but no sales, store owners are left discouraged and frustrated. Pet supplies is a very saturated market which makes it extremely hard to rank for. I would recommend doing some research and finding out what is currently trending in pet supplies and focus on selling that. Make your website, your ads, your social media posts all focused on this pet trend. It will make your advertising dollars count if you are able to better specify who your target audience is.

My last piece of advice is to spend some time on your SEO. The most important piece of selling is getting the right kind of traffic to your store, your target audience. We hear from a lot of store owners A LOT that they get a lot of traffic but no conversions. We’ve created a video walking you through how to do your SEO properly so that you can target your intended audience:

If you have any questions, you can contact us using the information in our signature. We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up!

PS: If you need some graphics for your store for Black Friday, we just released a free pack. They look like this:

bf2020-forums.png

They come in 4 different colors and have percentage variations ranging from 20%-80% off. You can download them for free when you sign up for our email list.

Enjoy!

CHRISTMAS GIVEAWAY, PRIZES EVERY WEEK!
You could win: a custom store banner, custom logo & favicon, 1 hour of store tweaks or a complete store re-design!
Click to enter the giveaway! FREE gift for everyone who signs up!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
29 4 10

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @petpourripets, here we go:

1. You need to add favicon: 

Ottomen_0-1604946720510.png

I see that you are using the Brooklyn theme, here is Shopify doc on how to add it: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/online-store/os/using-themes/themes-by-shopify/brooklyn/settings#...

2. No menu visible, just a button, so I don't know what you are selling, where and why, without extra clicks and guesses (I'm a lazy customer, and possibly I would better go back to Google than start thinking):

Ottomen_1-1604946851526.png

You definitely need to have a menu in the view, like on the Brooklyn demo: https://brooklyn-theme-classic.myshopify.com/. You've made not the "Brooklyn theme for shop" configuration, but more like a designer/photographer portfolio type. It seems you are selling not products for pets, but more like photos of pets, as far as I can see from the fullscreen slider on the main page. Sliders are bad for conversions. Check this article: https://medium.com/@sherpadesignco/carousels-are-killing-your-conversion-rate-heres-how-to-fix-that-...

3. You need to add at least a section with products on the main page. And possibly, in the first loading screen, maybe partly. Not waste your space on the labrador photo, use space for the product. 

4. You need to have a proper Contact page, About Us, Return Policy, Privacy Policy, Terms of Service, Cookie Policy pages to gain customers' trust. I, as a client, know nothing about you and your company. Check my article about this: https://ottomen.tech/shopify-compass-4-online-store-first-impression/. I've studied Shopify Compass "Start a business" course and made an article with important topics for the pages and home page improvements.

5. Possibly, you should get rid of the brown background color: 

Screenshot at Nov 09 20-46-12.png

Your store is getting darker, heavier, and black text is harder to read. Take a look at the Brooklyn product page demo: https://brooklyn-theme-classic.myshopify.com/collections/women/products/preserve-and-protect-tee. It is lighter, easier to read. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1535 77 262

Hello @petpourripets, congratulations on your new store. Here are some feedback:

1. The home Page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- New arrivals, Bestsellers- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed

2. In footer add privacy, shipping policy, contact us information, about us.

3. There is no gap between images. There must be some space between every collection & every product. Currently, it looks cluttered. Give some space between every image & add a standard size of the image.

Screenshot (29).pngScreenshot (28).png

4. Add a drop-down menu under collection in the header menu. 

Some essential eCommerce marketing tools that you need to add:

• Setup a reward program for giving points and let customers redeem on their next purchase.
  • Setup timers & sales motivator bars to promote your offers on the store.
  • Setup web push notifications on your store and it will help you in reaching your customers and visitors directly.
  • Setup Newsletter Subscription with automatic emails with thankyou and discount coupon.
  • Make sure to enable automatic workflow emails/push for abandoned cart, win back old customers, welcome email, purchase follow-up, or browse abandoned customers.

Hope this helps!

If you are looking to implement customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.

I am also happy to assist you in setting up the above features in your store. Looking forward to your reply soon.

We are happy to help sellers to increase sales in this BFCM.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
33 2 10

Hello @petpourripets, I hope you are doing well!

Your store looks ok, you can improve your store by choosing a better and more engaging theme for your website and also if you want to improve your current design you can start off with working on the homepage which looks awfully static, add favicon, the huge banner image with a text 'Slide' doesn't make any sense, and lastly create a drop-down menu for different product categories in the navigation bar. People tend to on an organized place rather than an unorganized one.

When I was exploring your store I didn't find any proper description for any product, and also no review section, customers usually find reviews and product descriptions helpful before purchasing any product and also it's an essential part for building the trust of the customers.

In addition, I have checked the On-Page SEO rating of your website which isn’t good enough. You might want to work on that along with the products which have no meta description as meta description and SEO rating vastly impact your store visibility on google and other possible interaction places. The meta description plays an important role in attracting the right kind of traffic ultimately resulting in better conversions.

Ca3pture.JPG

Moreover, you can fix your product title for better reach, a title must have the essential information about the product take Amazon’s titles for example. 

I’d really suggest you try Descrii, their expert review will be really beneficial for your Shopify store as they point out almost every little detail about your store and how you can fix them to ultimately gain more traffic and conversion. Also, they provide titles, descriptions, and meta descriptions for your products that’ll help your website to climb high in search rankings.

I hope this helps.

Have a nice day

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
17 0 3

Good Morning

Thank you for the input on my store. I am following your suggestions one by one. I have changed the theme to "Supply". It's a more modern look which is what my store needed.

Thanks again and I will keep you posted on my progress.

Highlighted
Tourist
17 0 3

I think I'm getting the hang of it now. Let me know what you think so far https://dog-shopi.myshopify.com/

0 Likes