‘Looking for feedback on my website and products'

Solved
dadjoketees
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi

I have only recently started my online store journey, i'm still working a 9-5 and doing this on the side, my main target audience is coming up soon "Father's day", I still haven't sold a product yet i've been open about a month, however I have only recently improved my SEO, I just want to make sure that my products are right for the market and i'm happy to take constructive feedback.

thanks in advance

David Thomas

www.dadjoketees.co.uk

LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
246 43 151

This is an accepted solution.

Hi David!

I know you’ve put a ton of hard work into this store, so let’s just dive right in. It’s time to figure out how to get those sales pouring in!

Right off the bat, I see a few things:

- There’s a blue filter/banner (?) that pops up on your header. That looks like a bug you’ll want to fix.
DadJokeTees-1.png

- I like your logo, but make sure it’s a transparent background. If it’s going to blend into your background, create a version with a white text. 

- There seem to be two different logos? I see the one in your header and one in your “About” section on your homepage. It’s confusing when there isn’t one unified logo to use across all social media.

- Speaking of social media, make sure the links open in a new tab. 

- Don’t forget to add a favicon

- Link your email address in your footer.

- Since you have an international audience, add a currency converter that automatically localizes the currency. 

Homepage
The first impression of your website is alarming. The only text above the fold is a warning about COVID. 

While this is important information, I would move it to a banner at the top of your page with a link to a page dedicated to COVID-19 delays. Customers will still see it, but it’s not overwhelming the screen and make customers feel alarmed the moment they see your store.  

For your scrolling header images, I have a few things to test:

• Is it better to have the CTA link to the shirt you’re featuring? 
  • Or should it lead you to the collection?

Right now, your Funny link and Unisex link leads to all products. Your Organic link leads to the shirt product page that’s featured in the image. Your Personal link leads to the best sellers

From a customer standpoint, that’s really confusing.  Test to see if it’s better if you use static images to highlight three collections with links to the appropriate collection pages:

• T-shirts
  • Hoodies
  • Mugs

Heatmaps, which show you where people click, will help you test different arrangements on your homepage. You will be able to see if it’s getting people to go to the collection and product pages. 

Navigation
Your hamburger menu needs some updating, especially for desktop. When I look at it on mobile, it’s fine. On desktop, it’s actually limiting me from doing much of anything:

DadJokeTees-2.png

You really need to address that ASAP. I can’t even scroll through it on desktop!

That’s actually stopping anyone who is interested in navigation around your site. If you had session recordings, which act like a DVR for your website, you would be able to see immediately what your customers are experiencing. You could see what happened during their visits and what stopped them from checking out. 

Also, be sure to offer a way to sort by size and color of in-stock products.

Product pages
There are several things that stand out:

• There’s no sizing chart. Again, with an international audience, you need to include a sizing chart so there’s no question how big or small a shirt is.
  • I find it helpful to include model specs in addition to the photos. It can help people visualize the sizing.  
  • Encourage reviews. While you don’t have sales now, make sure there’s a review request in your purchase confirmation and any post-purchase follow-up emails.
  • Don’t include shipping information only in the checkout. Be upfront about shipping costs to avoid any confusion and frustration during checkout. 
  • Coordinate your CTAs in red to match your page branding. 
  • I would create a FAQ page to include things like laundering, how much it will shrink, etc. 

Engaging customers
I like that you have your email address and phone number as contact information. A lot of people forget about that step. However, while you have a Messenger-based chat system, it’s not engaging. It also takes people away from your store, which is the last thing you want them to do.

There are other live chat systems that keep customers on your site so you can answer their questions without them having to leave.  And it can be set up to invite customers to chat when there appears to be an issue, like if they don’t checkout within 2 minutes of adding a product to the cart or stayed on one page for more than 45 seconds. 

David, for someone who has a 9-5 job and doing this store on the side, I’m impressed. You may feel like you have a ways to go, but you’re actually SO CLOSE! 

A little insight from visitor behavior will help you find the barriers that are keeping people from converting. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings, live chat and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month. 

Best of luck to you, David! I have high hopes for your store and can’t wait to see how your business grows.

Cheers -

Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
dadjoketees
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi

thanks Danny amazing feedback, looks like I have some more work to do, i'm genuinely excited about this venture and appreciate all the help I can get.

Great response as well i'm blown away honestly thank you so much.

0 Likes
neha-sparq
Shopify Partner
1957 124 434

Hey Dad joke Tshirts,

In addition to the above-mentioned points, you can try the below-listed tips as well in order to free your store from the remaining "glitches and flaws" and making it a perfect one.

• There is a lot of "empty" space on the header top.
  • You can eliminate it by creating a header template with "catchy taglines" like "Last Chance! Free shipping on all orders ends today" as a part of your store header.
  • Strictly limit the size of your store header logo, else it is going to make the user experience quite awkward.
  • Also, I can see two different logos. Be clear which one to keep for your store.
  • Decrease the "vertical gap" between the header menu and the (logo and sidelinks) respectively.
  • An ultimate way to engage, educate and ultimately convert your customers is an "interactive ecommerce newsletter".
  •  You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  • Filters are very important for customers in order to identify the correct product from the huge catalog. So, you should look for advanced filter options for your store.
  • Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with the search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here
    You can use Sparq free trial for as many products in your store. After the trial period, you can enjoy with Sparq’s Free Starter Plan for upto 1000* products.

Wish the luck favors you this time! All the best.

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
dadjoketees
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi

i've done a bit of messing about with the site, would you mind taking a look see if it is looking better now?

it would be appreciated, if not I understand.

0 Likes
neha-sparq
Shopify Partner
1957 124 434

Hey Dadjoketees,

The site looks even more professional than before. All the changes have been implemented very beautifully, especially the logo. It is looking quite fabulous.

Overall good work, Keep it up!

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes