Looking for feedback on my website

EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1002 137 328

Hey @UpscalePieces,

Congratulations on launching your store! I've taken a look through and have some feedback for you.

screencapture-upscalepieces-2021-07-06-11_18_24.png

PRODUCTS
You are offering a wide range of products in your store. I think the mistake people make in selling so many products is that they assume they will appeal to everyone but unfortunately it has the opposite effect. After weeks and months of plenty of traffic but no sales, store owners are left discouraged and frustrated. It also makes advertising an absolute nightmare. Definitely don't want that for you so give our video a watch, we explain this exact issue and tell you how to fix it:

HOMEPAGE BANNER
I'd recommend adding in a homepage banner. That main banner area is prime real estate for selling.  One of the keys of selling is getting inside your customers head, what problem do they have that you can solve? Or what is it that they desire that you provide? Use words or phrases that they do to show that you understand their needs. We recommend using this type of text in your banner. For the format, we recommend having a professional photo of your products, a title introducing your brand or product, a line of text underneath that expands on your title and a call to action button such as "Shop Now". Here is an example:

macarons-04.png

LOGO
Your logo is one of those things that holds a lot of weight in how professional or unprofessional your store looks. I would highly recommend having a professional logo done up for your store, it’s a worthy investment. This is a service we offer so if you are interested, you can click here for more information.

Once your logo is finished, you can match the fonts and colors in your store to your logo. This is going to level up your store even more and make you look very professional.

FAVICON
I’d recommend adding a favicon so that your visitors can find you quickly when they have multiple tabs open in their browser. We did a video on how to upload a favicon that you can watch here:

NAVIGATION & LINKING
Your links are a little confusing. You have living room, kitchen & bedroom but nothing is clickable. 

In addition to this, your product photos are also not clickable, you can only expand and see the add to cart button when you click the small magnifying glass which isn't very user friendly. I counted the number of clicks it took me to get to checkout and it was 4. This is not good, you want it to be as quick as possible for a customer to get to checkout.

You are also in need of a navigation menu as well so that your visitors can find what they are looking for quickly and easily.

POLICIES
You need to add in your shipping policy, return policy, privacy and terms of service. Shopify has made this extremely easy, you can add them with a click of a button (except for shipping policy because it will vary depending on the store). After they are auto generated you can take a read through each one and adjust them as needed. Here is a video showing how to add them:

SOCIAL MEDIA
I noticed you still have the default social media links that came with the theme. Having an active social media presence adds trust to your brand. If there’s nothing about your brand online, it’s a red flag to your visitors. Potential customers are going to research before purchasing and one of the first places they are going to check is social media. Highly recommend getting on social media and adding those links to your Shopify store.

SHIPPING
You need to add in an estimated shipping time at checkout. For some people, shipping time can be a deal breaker so they won’t proceed with their purchase without that information.
If you are concerned that displaying longer shipping times will turn people off, what I would say is long-term, you want happy customers so it's better to say up front, "hey, this could take up to 3-4 weeks to arrive" rather than not giving a shipping time and then getting an email 2 weeks later from an unhappy customer wondering where their package is. I’d also recommend taking a look at alternative suppliers. We did a video showing several USA suppliers that can get products to your customers faster:

I think you’d benefit from our free guide “5 Step Fix for High Traffic & No Sales”. In the guide we give tips for a profitable ad strategy, tell you how to generate free traffic, share design tricks to transform your Shopify store into a professional, trustworthy store that customers want to shop at and how/where to find winning products. You can download the free guide here. I’d also like to invite you to join our private Facebook group. We share winning products, dropshipping tips and you can interact with other members of the dropshipping community. Click here to join.

If you would like to talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where we take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. If you would like to book a session, you can do so here: https://calendly.com/ecomgeeks/1-1-session

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3750 214 669

Hey @UpscalePieces, Welcome to the community! This is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase:

- Add a footer in the store. Add quick links in the footer menu. It includes privacy, shipping, returns & refund policy, contact us, and about us information, social media links. 

- Add slider images in the first fold of the homepage with a call to action button on it.

- Make all these collections clickable. 

- Make the collections clickable and redirect customers to the collection page.

AiTrillion_0-1625640769944.png

Add the ‘buy now’ button- it lets your shoppers purchase the products they want faster and avoid extra steps of the checkout process.

AiTrillion_1-1625640930821.png

Other prominent things that you need to add to your store to drive conversions and attract customers:

Add an announcement bar with a call to action button on it to highlight important information that you don't want your customers to miss out on & make them take action from it.

You can add a countdown timer to create urgency for your promotions or offers with the countdown timer bar and motivate your customers to buy more from the store. It helps in increasing sales.

- Add trust badges in your store. With the help of trust badges, customers will know that all the processes taking place are safe and secure.

Setup product recommendations on product pages as well as cart pages. This will help you with upselling.

To add the above marketing engagement tools there are many apps available in the Shopify app store. Instead of installing multiple apps, you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion and get all the benefits of marketing features in a single app. 

P.S- Free plan available.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes

Hi @ ,

This is Polo from MS Web Designer - TOP Rated Shopify Experts based in Singapore. We would like to provide some recommendations based on our seven years of experience in providing solutions to over 10000 active Shopify merchants.

We have reviewed your store, and some changes can be made to make your store more professional and attract more customers. Here are they:

Design recommendations-

The home page:

• A favicon is needed to locate your website easily.
  • The header should have the search option, member login, cart icon at one end for smoother navigation.
    MS_WEB_DESIGNER_0-1625661745328.png

• The navigation menu should be smooth for proper guidance.

MS_WEB_DESIGNER_1-1625661814770.png

• The main banner should be present and have Call to Action (CTA) buttons.
  • The text, fonts, colors, and spacing should be managed properly. Too much white space should be avoided and high-resolution good pictures should be uploaded.
  • USP (unique selling proposition) should be highlighted to gain confidence from the customers.
  • The trust badges should be added to ensure trust.
  • Testimonials can be added for building trust.
  • The footer could have been more elegant with all the links, payment icons, and social media links.

MS_WEB_DESIGNER_2-1625662230742.png

The collection page should be present to display your products separately

• Addition of product reviews with star rating options.

The product page:

• Addition of sticky add to cart for better functionality.
  • Recommended products for cross-selling should be present in the product page rather than Home page.
  • Review sections.
  • Product variants options.

MS_WEB_DESIGNER_3-1625662376891.png

On-Page SEO-

• Google Search Console Setup
  • Schema Markup for Home page
  • Sitemap XML Check and Submit at Google Search Console
  • Index home page and other 2 any pages
  • Internal Linking Check
  • Broken Link Check
  • Canonicalization Check
  • Title and Description optimization home page and other 2 any pages
  • 3 keywords optimization for home page and other 2 any pages
  • Content optimization for home page and other 2 any pages 
  • Alt tag optimization for home page and other 2 any pages

As we checked there were no Terms and Conditions at the checkout. It might create some confusion during the delivery of products. Hence we suggest you install a Free app from the Shopify app store which provides 'I agree to the Terms and Conditions' before checkout as it makes it easy for the customer to read your terms and policies and for chaos-free shopping. Voila Shopify app adds a highly efficient cart feature, proven to reduce cart abandonment and boost sales. (Shows multiple Discount coupon codes on the cart page)

These were the few suggestions that we think are necessary for your store. If you feel that this comment was helpful, hit a like or mark it as a solution.

MS Web Designer  | Top Rated Shopify Experts in Singapore
20,000+ Tasks Completed | 1500+ Happy Clients

Want to Improve Shopify Store Speed, Redesign or custom changes, or Small tweaks on store hire me.Try Our Free Shopify App
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution

Hi @UpscalePieces ,

I'm Richard - CRO Expert at PageFly Landing Page Builder. 

Congrats on your new store. I have just had a look at your store. Your store is pretty. I have just some small things I'd suggest for your Homepage for a better chance of gaining sales. May it help!

1. Improve your header

Sticky header helps customers easily access menu navigation although they scroll down or up on your page. Customers can also quickly reach the Search field to find products with a sticky header. You did it but it can be improved a bit.

Please see the picture below, you have a different field “Contact us”. Is it the one you want customers to click when they just come to your store? If not, you should give it the same style as other elements in your menu.

RichardNguyen_0-1625720963297.png

In your navigation, the style of each tab is different. You should consider the below pictures and set them up again.

RichardNguyen_1-1625720966270.png

RichardNguyen_2-1625720963210.png

2. Create and improve your hero banner

The banner is very significant in hero material. It is the first thing customers see when they visit your website. Let's get consumers to know exactly what you're having in 5 seconds first. 

You put a product list in the first section of your homepage. It makes your page look like a collection page. Customers might be a bit confused and less attractive. They want to have a short introduction about your products, your business.

What should you do?

- Add a premium banner. It makes your site more professional and helps attract the attention of customers 

- Display the products on the banner. As soon as they see your sign, let your customers know what you're selling. You can use the slideshow, the other text color to make it highlighted.

3. Add and improve the content on your homepage

Besides current content, I suggest that you should add more information on your homepage. It can be your collections (product lists) to make intuitively what you are selling. I think you should put 1 specific product detail, the best seller collections, the new arrivals collection, for example, before the section “How it works” and instead of “Pick What You'd Like to Try”.

Besides, you can add blogs or reviews of your customer as testimonials. Here is an example of testimonials and unique points that are displayed on our page templates, you can refer more.

RichardNguyen_3-1625720963216.png

You can use third-party reviews apps such as Loox, Yotpo, or Judge.me, etc. PageFly integrates with these apps. You can take a look at this guide to have more choices: Best Shopify Reviews Apps: 07 Tools To Build Trust and Grow Sales

There are some sections whose layouts are not suitable and not attractive to customers. You can consider adjusting them, for example:

RichardNguyen_4-1625720963206.png

RichardNguyen_5-1625720963241.png

4. Have Direct Links to “Return Policy” and “Shipping Info” in the Footer

Last but not least, you should display or link to an easy-to-read Return Policy or Delivery Policy information in your footer area. Because customers are not able to fully see, hold, or test a product before buying it online is one of the reasons many users sometimes exercise extreme due care, closely inspecting images and reviews before buying. One of the major factors for decreasing purchasing anxiety and reducing the consequences of purchasing the wrong product is by having liberal return policies.

In the detail of shipping policy, I suggest that you should use ‘Delivery Date’ Instead of ‘Delivery Speed’. The customer won’t be worried about it containing the weekend or buying day. These tips will incentivize customers to make purchasing decisions.

To build a better Homepage, you also can take a look at our blog here: Personalize Your Homepage

If you find my comments helpful to you, like it or mark it as a solution. Let me know if you have any questions. I recommend you take a look at our PageFly is a powerful page builder to help merchants to build pages. 

Besides building attractive and powerful pages, you should spend more time focusing on marketing strategies. 

Good luck and have a nice day! Cheers!

CRO Expert at PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 90.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen Guide on Moving Your Brick-n-Mortar Store Online.

Want To Strive The Coolest E-commerce Knowledge? Explore Our FREE Video Resources.