Looking for feedback on my website

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi, I have a website www.bowandrattle.com where I sell baby changing (diaper bags if you're from the USA) bags for stylish parents. My main markets are Ireland and the UK currently but I would love to expand into the USA and Canada more in the long run. My issue is while I think I have a nice product I have quite a large bounce rate of customers who come to the website and at checkout. My shipping is free, I've had the website reviewed by a few digital people who couldn't really find any issues, I accept all forms of payment etc. So I'm just stumped as to what the issue is. (apart from the fact they maybe just don't like the bag! But the reviews from customers who have bought them have been really positive so I don't feel that's just it). I would really welcome any comments, suggestions or observations from you! Many thanks, Caragh

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hey @Caragh,

You've done a great job with the store, everything looks professional and well laid out.

I live in Canada, so let me just give a bit of perspective from my end.

Your price point is higher than what you generally see for this type of product, however, I'm not saying there is an issue with your price point because your bags are high quality, I just point that out to say that because of your price point, you will need to do some work to make sure you are targeting your intended audience. This comes down to your SEO and ad targeting so that you don't just get traffic to your store, you want to get the right kind of traffic.

bowrattle-product.png

Next, I know you know this but for anyone else who is reading: if a Canadian is searching for your type of product, we wouldn't type "Nappy Bags" or "Changing Bags" we would search "Diaper Bag". Another example of this is when you say "Adjustable and detachable padded shoulder straps so you can hang your bag over your buggy" instead of buggy, we would use the word "stroller".

Lastly I'd like to touch on your SEO and this ties into everything I've said previously. If I take this product for example:

bowrattle-meta.png

This is how your products are showing up in search or social media. The issue with your current SEO is that it's going to be hard for people to find you. If a person was searching for your type of product, they wouldn't search "The Jenny light grey Baby Changing Backpack" they would likely type something along the lines of "light grey vegan friendly diaper bag" or "light grey luxury diaper bag".

By default, Shopify will pull your product descriptions and use that as your SEO but you can change it so that it is more search friendly. We show you how do that and more ways to optimize your store in our video:

If you have any questions, you can contact us using the information in our signature. We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up!

Best of luck!

FREE BLACK FRIDAY GRAPHICS FOR YOUR STORE
Great for store pop-ups or social media posts!
Pink, Orange, Red & Blue • Percentage off Variations Ranging from 20% - 80% off
Download for FREE!
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
392 41 130

Hi @Caragh

Have seen your store and it looks great. 

However, I still have some comments for you to help you improve the store:

- Your banners should have messages that you want to show to your customers 

ConveyLego0612_0-1604373816816.png

- On this banner, I cannot see the 

ConveyLego0612_1-1604373894070.png

- On your Quickview popups, I think you need to add the Buy now button and a little more details about the products. 

ConveyLego0612_2-1604374231019.png

- However, on your homepage, I think you're showing too many products. In my opinion, 10 is maximum. You can add the button "See more". 

- When you design the testimonials section like this, your customers will think there is only one review. Add the navigation section as soon as possible. 

ConveyLego0612_4-1604374743494.png

- Also on your product pages, you should add:

+ Buy now button 

+ Sticky Add to Cart

+ More upsell and cross-sell methods. 

- Have seen your Instagram account and it has so much good content and many beautiful product photos. So you can think about having an Instagram gallery for your store. 

Check this app Shoppable Instagram Gallery. It will help you create one with ease. 

- Consider having live chat support to improve customer service. WhatsApp can be a good channel to chat with your customers. 

App WhatsApp Chat & Abandoned Cart will help you do that with ease. Also, it's totally free. 

Hope this helps!

Happy selling, 

Member of AllFetch - eCommerce Order Fulfillment Service.
We offer many solutions to help store owners grow their Shopify businesses.

If my answer is helpful, click Like and Mark it as an Accepted Solution to let me know!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
718 16 202

Hi @Caragh !

Your google page speed score is only 29  and mobile speed 11. Low mobile page speed may kill your traffic and affect your conversation. For greater success and to deliver a great user experience you should focus on the mobile score as well. Website performance impacts ranking on organic search and user experience. This problem can reduce conversions and sales. 79% of people do not wait for more than 5.3 seconds for page loading. It can lead to the losing of new visitors, less traffic, and losing repeat customers. You should always work on your CRO - increasing the percentage of users who perform a desired action on your website.

Imagine if you saw something that you quite like in the store, however you want to browse more, get more options, and then choose the best one. That often happens to me, because I am indecisive. That is when Wishlist comes in handy. Since you have a lot of products on your site, I recommend adding that feature to improve the user experience on your site. Besides, if the items on the wishlist have not been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder.

The sale you have seems to be a nice deal, however, when you make such a big amount off it might devalue your product. People always need to know why you have made such sales, is it a seasonal sale? or is it because there is no demand for it? Does that mean the product is bad? 

Instead of giving a discount for nothing, give them rewards for completing certain actions on your store ex. for creating accounts, for leaving a review, for sharing your site, for spending money on your site. It is not difficult for a user to do and you will get so many actions on your site, and you are having discounts anyway.

The items in your store are more on an expensive side, therefore I recommend giving back to your customers by rewarding them with free shipping, discounts, and other goodies for spending a certain amount of money on your site. That way,  letting your customers know that you care about them.

For adding the functions above you can use several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try  Growave.

We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, etc. 

There is a free plan available.

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Login + more

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1415 71 240

Hello @CaraghHere are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase:

1. The home Page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. 

Slideshow Image- Collection List- New arrivals, Bestsellers- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed

- Your store looks very professional. You should maximize the engagement store. Every eCommerce store has these essential tools which help in keeping the customers engaged in the store and increase repeat purchases. If your store will be engaging then it will help you to get conversions and sales. For that, give loyalty points to your customers for newsletter signup, leaving a review, allowing for push notification, visiting a store. This will entice your customers and will make your visitors perform an action on your store. You can send the visitor email, push notification in real-time without losing any customers. This kind of integration will help you to trap each and every customer and will retain them by bringing them back to the store.

Integration of loyalty reward program with web push notification, review, email marketing and with full automation results in wonders for the eCommerce stores. It will help you in increasing conversions and sales on your store and retain the customers for the long term.

Hope this helps!

If you are looking to implement customer engagement or marketing tools with the above mentioned integration in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.

Thanks!!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
377 29 118

Hello @Caragh,

I've taken a look at your store. Nice collection! I've some suggestions to increase the conversion rate.

1. Add 'New Arrivals' section to help customers keep updated on new products.
2. Add product reviews as most of the customers read the review before purchasing the product.
3. Add Buy Now button which will simplify the purchasing process for consumers, improving their customer experience.
4. Add more specific product title/url in product pages.
Creating the perfect SEO product title/url can help the search engine understand exactly what it is you are selling and drive more traffic to your site. So try to keep the product title/url unique and more specific.
5. Add filters in collection pages to help your visitors narrow in on the specific product they're looking for and find products they might be interested in based on certain features (e.g. size, color, category)
6. Add sorting feature in all collection pages for changing the order of any product listing whereby users can choose which criteria they want the products to be listed by.

Before you think of ranking you should ensure your pages are found (indexed by Google). You can submit your store content regularly to all the major engines, or consider using a convenient tool like flare by Mansion Ecommerce. flare automatically detects site changes and verifiably informs major search engines like Google & Bing. You can get your free Google Index Score through flare. Plus! Only flare can submit individual URLs to Google & Bing, allowing your prioritized pages to be indexed first and fast.

Hope this was helpful!
Jeena

https://MansionEcommerce.com
https://apps.shopify.com/partners/mansion-ecommerce
Driving the next decade of eCommerce
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
718 16 202

Hi @Caragh !

The sale you have seems to be a nice deal, however, when you make such a big amount off it might devalue your product. People always need to know why you have made such sales, is it a seasonal sale? or is it because there is no demand for it? Does that mean the product is bad? 

Instead of giving a discount for nothing, give them rewards for completing certain actions on your store ex. for creating accounts, for leaving a review, for sharing your site, for spending money on your site. It is not difficult for a user to do and you will get so many actions on your site, and you are having discounts anyway.

90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Login + more

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes