Looking for feedback on new site template / layout, Robertrothschild.com

katiejlawler
1 0 0

Recently pulled off the band aid and moved from our 6 year old custom theme that barely worked to Impulse theme (www.robertrothschild.com) While it's much better on the back end and for updates, we saw a decrease in add to cart rate (which really hurt our conversion rate 4.5% to 2.5%). Our customers are older and have shopped with us for some time so I'm sure the change was tough. That said, hoping for any feedback on what we could be doing better to grow! Thank you!

0 Likes
vinods
Shopify Partner
478 9 80

Hi @katiejlawler 

I am Vinod from Bombay India. I am a digital marketing consultant by profession providing professional website design and development, Google and Bing Ads, email marketing and Conversion rate optimization services. 

Below is my feedback

1. Great site. Fantastic template, amazing products. 

2. Just in mobile view try to keep the menu icon ( 3 lines menu hamburger menu ) first or last instead of keeping in middle of search and cart icon. 

3. Add shelf life of ur products.

4. Try to add receipe corner on your website. 

Try to add since how many years you have been in this business of producing dips and sauces. 

I would be happy to grow your product sales online via digital channels. 

Thank you. 

Vinod

Vinod Sachdev.
Digital Marketing Consultant
Google & Bing Ads | Web Design & Development | Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO)
15+ years Industry Experience & Knowledge of Latest Web Technologies
250+ Clients Served - across USA, UK, Spain, Caribbean Islands, India & more.
625+ Paid Ads Search, Shopping, Display, Re-Marketing Campaigns Successfully Managed which achieved higher sales
100+ Custom Websites & Landing Pages Designed & Developed

email vinod.digitalcentrics@gmail.com | https://digitalcentrics.com/
0 Likes

Hello @katiejlawler 

It's PageFly team here. First of all, congratulations on your store. So I've checked the store of yours and I have a few feedback on it, and I hope it helps

Banner:

Banner is the first impression of your store. Your banner should be full width and align with others sections of your home pages. You're using slides for the hero section, which is good but the arrow of the slide is a little hard to see. If possible, it should be set to auto-play. 

A1.jpg

CTA Button

It’s such a loss if you don’t have a “Add to Cart” button under featured products. It urges visitors to make the purchase and a great way to increase sale 

A2.jpg

Invest in bespoke imagery 

More product images should be added (3-5 images from different angles per product). Don’t just show what a product looks like but how it works in real life. Your products are lovely and unique so lifestyle shots will be game-changer in conversion rate optimization 

Use accordion for product variants is a good idea to make your product page more organized.

A3.jpg

Seeding.jpg

CTA on Product page

There should be 2 CTA on product page "Add To Cart" and BUY NOW buttons. I notice that you missed" buy now "button on your product page. Please bear in mind that sometimes purchase decisions can change in just a second. 

A4.jpg

You can check out our templates for more inspiration for your page. Feel free to check our blog article as well. A Page Builder can be seen as a good choice for you to have attractive and powerful page quickly. You will have lots more time focusing strategies. You can consider checking PageFly - Free Page Builder. 

If you think my answer was useful, please like and mark it as a solution. Thank you and best of luck!

PageFly 

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 90.000+ active merchants.
Survive 2021 with top secrets from e-commerce leaders
0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3005 174 549

Hello @katiejlawler, I hope you are doing well! I've taken a look at your store, and the store's overall appearance is visually appealing, and your branding is well done. Here are some inputs from my side:

- In the header, add categories separately. 

- On the homepage, add the title of this section.

Screenshot - 2021-04-16T115541.183.png

The home page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- Product Recommendations- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- blog section.

- Add multiple images of the product on the product page.

- Add the ‘buy now’ button- it lets your shoppers purchase the products they want faster and avoid extra steps of the checkout process. So instead of having to add items to the cart, going to the cart page, and then to the checkout page, they can go from the product page to the checkout page in one click. This way, you reduce drop-offs and cart abandonment.

- For getting more conversions and sales you can target your customers by sending automated emails that help to improve the relevancy and timeliness of your campaigns. You can use triggers and workflows to automatically send messages to consumers after they take a specific action. For some reason unknown to you, they leave without making a purchase but with email automation, you can make sure that this user receives an email shortly after they abandoned their cart, reminding them of what they left behind and asking if they need help completing their purchase. In this case, email marketing automation turns a missed opportunity into an opportunity to build a stronger relationship and make a sale.

- Add web push notifications, it can be delivered to your customer’s device, mobile/ desktop, even when he is not on your website. It can be used in retargeting with push notifications including browse abandonment, retargeting users abandoning the shopping cart, activating dormant users with offers, retaining users with personalized content, and more.

Make your store engaging and interactive to drive conversions. If your store is engaging then it will help you to reduce Customer Churn Rate i.e percentage of customers who stop purchasing from your brand and will also increase your customer retention.

Moreover, if you would like to implement the above customer engagement features/ marketing tools in your store I suggest you to install the 'All in one' Shopify app AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions. 

Hope this helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes