Looking for feedback on our home furniture and appliance store for the online Australian market

Trae
Tourist
6 0 2

Hello all, this is my first post on the shopify community forums, my business partner and I have been working on a dropshipping furniture and kitchen appliance store for the Australian market called HomeLux.

This online store will be targeting home owners that enjoy a modern style of furniture and sleek appliances. We are hoping to achieve the same vibe with our website. Which is why we are seeking the help of anyone interested in providing feedback for our store, we would greatly appreciate it and will use it constructively to better improve customer experience.

Here are some photos

Homepage - 1 (Desktop View)Homepage - 1 (Desktop View)Homepage - 2 (Desktop View)Homepage - 2 (Desktop View)Collection Page (Desktop View)Collection Page (Desktop View)Collection Page (Mobile View)Collection Page (Mobile View)Homepage - 2 (Mobile View)Homepage - 2 (Mobile View)Homepage - 1 (Mobile View)Homepage - 1 (Mobile View)

You can access our store at: https://5cqjit4jfuzkfvme-27782021193.shopifypreview.com

Thank you for your time and we look forward to hearing your feedback!

PS those prices are placeholders at this time. They do not reflect the real prices we will be using

celinam
Tourist
9 0 2

Hi @Trae 

Congratualtions on starting your new online store!

Overall your site is quite good your site navigation is easy and simple to use and your product descriptions are detailed. 

Here are some areas you should focus on to turn visitors into customers:

• Home page (missing details such as content describing who you're about and policy links in the footer)
  • Checkout (needs to be consistent with the rest of the website)

Here are some links to videos that could really help you out:

Hope the feedback helps. Reach out if you need anymore help. 

Cheers,

Celina

Trae
Tourist
6 0 2

Thank you so much for your feedback @celinam 

We will be sure to look into those links to see where we can do better and make sure that we make our store policies viewable for the entire duration of the shopping experience.

Best Regards,

Trae

0 Likes
neha-sparq
Shopify Partner
1957 124 434

Hey Home Lux Australia,

Pay attention to the following tips to improve your store look:

• "Home" button is missing from the header menu.
  • "Terms and conditions" are essential in the footer for better customer faith and trust.
  • "Login" account is quite essential for better information security and keeping a track of your order details as well.
  • You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  • Filters are very important for customers in order to identify the correct product from the huge catalog. So, you should look for advanced filter options for your store.
  • Finally, I would also recommend you to try Sparq product filters and search to replace the default search on your store, this app allows advanced custom tag product filters for collection pages, synonyms, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with the search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here

I am sure the above points would help. 

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
Munn
Shopify Partner
483 17 101

Hi @Trae welcome to Shopify family

I Hope your business is going well during these difficult times. I checked your store website, and I have a few tips and feedback I'd like to share

1. Connect to different social media platforms and promote your brand through ads and different endorsements. Social Media is the new age norm. Attach all the profile details to footer.
2. Engaging audience by writing blogs with good titles and posting it on differnt social media platforms will give an impression to audience as you are master of content and will look upto you for further knowledge.
3. A section of most liked/purchased product on the landing page would help as most of your products will be reviewed in gallery.
4.  Product badges are a great way to highlight specific products in your store so they stand out. Getting your customers to take notice of the best product offerings and promotions means your sales campaigns should be even more successful. You can even combine product badges with proven marketing techniques such as scarcity and social proof and your products should sell even faster. 
(Attaching one of your product image as refernce)
image_png999736522.png

I hope this helps!

Munawar.

ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
Want a free store consultation to boost your sales? Send me a message.
Grab your limited time offer on install today!

Hi @Trae Your domain authority via MOZ is 49, it is more than I have seen before. Keep doing your activity SEO direction!!!

regards,
Alex with eScraper
Extract any data from any website into your Shopify store.
Trae
Tourist
6 0 2

Hey Neha, thank you for your feedback! 

Will be sure to look into the apps you've recommended, I had no idea you could modify the search bar tab with the apps on here so will save a great deal of time.

0 Likes
Trae
Tourist
6 0 2

Hey @Munn, thank you so much for your response. I also like the idea of using product badges, will certainly get a best sellers collection together and look for ways we can use the product badges with that.

0 Likes

Hello @Trae ,

I just had a look at your store, your store looks great. I have a few suggestions for you, hope they might help you. 

• There is no review option, try adding that feature social reviews helps you a lot in bringing sales. 
  • There are no trust badges at your checkout page, try adding them as trust badges help your customers know that your site is safe to shop. 
  • I have also found that there are only a few products in your store, try adding more products so that your customers will have a lot of options to select from.
  • There is no “contact us”, “about us” sections. Try adding them so that customers will get to know more about your brand.
  • Also, try adding SEO related high search keywords in your title and product description so that it will be very easy to market your products and display them at the top in google search.
  • Try adding some sale offers to your products to attract customers.
  • Add a blog page, blog page helps you to share more about your website and products which increases your site visibility.

I hope our feedback helps you. 

Thanks,

Droppersstop   

Droppersstop is an aliexpress dropshipping app that imports products from aliexpress to your Shopify store.The following are the features of droppersstop:-
Free plan available, Importing products from aliexpress individually, Bulk importing from aliexpress, Pricing automation, Inventory price and stock auto-update, Product customization, Automated order fulfillment.
0 Likes
MansionEcom
Shopify Partner
398 33 125

Hello @Trae,

Congratulations on your store. I've some suggestions for improvement.

1. Add the Home page link at the starting of the main menu.
2. Add 'New Arrivals' section to help customers keep updated on new products.
3. Add product reviews as most of the customers read the review before purchasing the product.
4. Add Contact Us page for better customer interaction.
5. You can add testimonials on the home page to make the store look more professional.
6. Add social media for the store to increase the traffic
7. Optimize your footer with a more professional and functional look. Add pages like Contact Us, About Us, Privacy Policy, Terms of Service, etc to the footer.
8. A FAQ would be useful!
9. Discounts and limited-time offers will help to increase sales.
10. Add About Us page which is a reflection of the purpose and personality of the business.
11. Add the section for email Newsletter in the footer(as common to all pages) instead of adding in Home page only.
12. Add more specific product title/url in product pages.
Creating the perfect SEO product title/url can help the search engine understand exactly what it is you are selling and drive more traffic to your site. So try to keep the product title/url unique and more specific.
13. Create a Facebook account for your store. Having a Facebook Store is a great way to grow your business, allowing you to tap into new audiences and gain more customers.

Before you think of ranking you should ensure your pages are found (indexed by Google). You can submit your store content regularly to all the major engines, or consider using a convenient tool like flare by Mansion Ecommerce. flare automatically detects site changes and verifiably informs major search engines like Google & Bing. You can get your free Google Index Score through flare. Plus! Only flare can submit individual URLs to Google & Bing, allowing your prioritized pages to be indexed first and fast.

Hope this was helpful!
Jeena

https://MansionEcommerce.com
https://apps.shopify.com/partners/mansion-ecommerce
Driving the next decade of eCommerce
0 Likes