Looking for feedback on our new shop theme for PampasB.com

PampasB
Tourist
6 0 0

Hi! We are moving from the Debut theme to Blockshop - Adorn and would love to get some constructive feedback before go-live.

Our customer base is primarily female and on mobile devices (iPhone, Android respectively).  We are looking to improve ease of use, navigation, design, flow, and overall customer experience.  We have worked to standardize product image sizes in accordance to their documentation.  The new theme is about 80% done and really need feedback/thoughts on how we can improve on any aspect.

Below is the preview for the new theme, tear it up!

https://ebacngb1v200gl2c-52149944502.shopifypreview.com

Thank you all so much.

0 Likes
NikkiElizDeMere
Excursionist
66 6 29

Hi @PampasB!

Here's some feedback for your store in general. 

Home page:

• Add a unique value proposition above the fold.
  • The images in the carousel are so large on my screen that I have to scroll down to see the call-to-action buttons for "shop arrangements" and "shop vases" at the bottom of the carousel. This could lead to lower click-through rates for the calls-to-action.
  • For the Woods Collection, it's difficult to tell the products apart based on the images on the home page.
  • Update the heading for "Products" to be more compelling and/or specific because the "Woods Collection" section is also made up of products.
  • Love the inclusion of the Instagram photos at the bottom!

Product page:

• Provide original, creative storytelling to each product page in addition to product descriptions.

• For example: on this product page on David's Teas for raspberry mojitos, the storytelling on the page is: "Is there any way to improve on fresh mint and tangy lime? Just add raspberry! Our juicy Raspberry Mojito iced tea is about to become your new go-to drink. It’s a bright pink tisane that’s fruity, minty and utterly refreshing. Served over ice with a splash of rum, this caffeine-free infusion tastes like a summer afternoon on a sunny Havana patio. In short, pure heaven."

The storytelling that they provide is in addition to product specifications, instructions, etc.
    • Storytelling helps potential customers actually envision what it would be like to have the product in their life, which leads to higher conversions / more sales.
  • Gather and share more social proof in the form of product video reviews to supplement photos and written reviews.
  • If you haven't: create a unique hashtag and encourage customers to use it and tag your store on Instagram, etc.

SEO:

• Ensure that your website meets the standards on Google Search Central.
  • For on-page SEO, add original, creative content to 1) your home page, 2) landing pages, and 3) product pages.
  • For off-page SEO, get backlinks via co-marketing campaigns, blogging, communities, social media.
CMO @ Reeview.app. Reeview automatically finds, collects and displays authentic, user-generated product video reviews for Shopify stores. Using A.I. to manage user-generated videos at scale and beautiful video widgets placed directly where purchase decisions are made, Reeview increases conversions, shopper engagement and customer lifetime value.
AllFetch
Shopify Partner
520 49 171

Hi @PampasB

Have seen your store and it looks great.

However, here are some of my comments for you: 

1. Homepage: 

- You can have more than one banner (sliders). Also, add the CTA buttons for your sliders. 

- Add the Quickbuy or Quickview buttons to allow your customers to see more product details faster. 

- It seems that you're having two sections that show collections. I think you only should use one. 

- This section should have a better layout. Also, you can add some icons to make it more intuitive. 

AllFetch_0-1619230181223.png

- This section should have a CTA button too.

AllFetch_1-1619230648812.png

- You can turn your Instagram feed into a shoppable Instagram gallery. This can increase your sales. 

This app Shoppable Instagram Feed will help you do that with ease. 

- On your homepage, you can add some sections:

+ The reviews section 

+ A section shows the benefits when shopping at your store. 

2. Product page: 

- Add detailed descriptions for your store. 

- Keep the ATC button visible by adding a Sticky Add to Cart bar. 

- Add reviews section 

- You need more information that encourages your customers to buy like storytelling or the features of products. 

3. Other:

I think you're doing great with your store design. There are some other things that you also need to care about:

+ Marker research: Do you know enough about your competitors? What are your customer insights?

+ Marketing plan: after research the market, you will have a better marketing strategy. 

Also, remember that you need to have a tool to track your store performance. 

Hope this helps!

Happy selling, 

AllFetch - eCommerce Order Fulfillment Service - Serving 10.000+ active merchants.
- We offer many solutions to help store owners grow their Shopify businesses.
- Stay updated with AllFetch: Website / Youtube / AllFetch Community / Facebook / Twitter / Linkedin.
Click Like and Accept as Solution if you like! Want to customize your store, contact us at support@allfetch.com
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
2981 172 552

Hello @PampasB, I hope you are doing well! This is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. I would love to share my thoughts for your store based on 9 years of experience with Shopify for over 1000's active Shopify merchants and hope that my sharing will help you improve your store performance.

You can also check the performance of brands with AiTrillion here.

- Your store looks aesthetically appealing. I liked the product that you are selling. 

The first fold of the website should always have a call to action in it - And here’s why; in most cases placing the CTA above the fold works wonders for your campaigns. This placement immediately draws your visitors’ attention to your CTA which is always good for conversions.

AiTrillion_0-1619253609805.png

- Prices seem to be competitive. Make sure prices are as per the audience that you are targeting. 

- Add a title to this section.

AiTrillion_1-1619254410084.png

- Align the text 'What Makes us different' and give the proper spacing there. Also, the 'Follow us on Instagram' title should come above the Instagram images section and not here. 

AiTrillion_2-1619254585873.png

Also, make your store engaging and interactive. Add essential eCommerce customer engagement tools in your store to engage the traffic coming to your store:

- Add reviews on the product page. 90% of people read reviews before making a purchase.

Entice customers by giving them loyalty points on activities like sign up, leaving a review, allowing push notification, visiting a store, on birthdays, and more. This will help you to increase the email and push subscribers. You can then run email and push campaigns to reach your customers on the basis of customer behavior. This helps in increasing the conversion and retention rate.

- Add web push notification, it will help you to reach your customers directly in real-time. If a customer leaves your store, send them a price drop alert notification with the help of a web push notification. Web push notification helps to bring back customers to your store and helps in reducing the bounce rate. You can send the latest offers, updates, and abandoned cart push notifications to bring customers to your store.

- Make sure to enable automatic workflow emails/push for abandoned cart, win back old customers, welcome email, purchase follow-up, or browse abandoned customers.

Moreover, if you would like to implement the above customer engagement features/ marketing tools in your store I suggest you to install the 'All in one' Shopify app AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions. 

Also, if you would like to schedule a demo, we will be happy to give the Aitrillion tour. 

Looking forward to your reply.

Hope this helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
PampasB
Tourist
6 0 0

Hi @NikkiElizDeMere !

Very thoughtful and invaluable feedback here. Thank you so much. We are really taking this to heart.  See my notes in orange below!

Home page:

• Add a unique value proposition above the fold.  Love it, we added one, take a look!
  • The images in the carousel are so large on my screen that I have to scroll down to see the call-to-action buttons for "shop arrangements" and "shop vases" at the bottom of the carousel. This could lead to lower click-through rates for the calls-to-action. Completely agree - just realized the image was too large for the template, adjusted!
  • For the Woods Collection, it's difficult to tell the products apart based on the images on the home page. Good call, this one was temporary as we decided what "collection" to put in that area.
  • Update the heading for "Products" to be more compelling and/or specific because the "Woods Collection" section is also made up of products. Done!
  • Love the inclusion of the Instagram photos at the bottom! So do we! Others below have recommended we make these links "ATC".  Would you agree?

Product page:

• Provide original, creative storytelling to each product page in addition to product descriptions.

• Great suggestions about storytelling.  We took one product and dedicated more time to the description, do you feel this sounds better?  

Create a charming, almost whimsical atmosphere in your home with soft, fluffy Pampas Stems. 

The minimalist neutral tones and the flamboyant, textured look of natural Pampas Grass allow it to be a stunning accent piece in your home decor. Just one stem tastefully placed in an elegantly oversized vase delivers a chic, modern appeal that just never fails to impress. 

Hand-picked and carefully selected for the finest quality and design, our Pampas Grass Stems instantly add a stunning highlight to your decor straight out of the box.

• Perfect for decorating your living room, bedroom, office, or even special events
      • Choose from 3 gorgeous styles: Cloud, Angel Wing, and Wheat Pampas
      • This natural piece of decor lasts over 5 years
      • Sold in sets of 3 
      • Length: 3 to 4 feet

• Gather and share more social proof in the form of product video reviews to supplement photos and written reviews.  We just received our first video "unboxing." Planning to add on the site shortly.  How do we get more of these?

Thanks again Nikki, you are amazing!

0 Likes