Looking for feedback on our store for promotional umbrellas

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi

We have had our store for approximately a year. Since switching our site and redesigning we have had the inevitable slip in the search rankings which we are constantly working to improve. We could really use some advice from a potential customers point of view about the ease of using the site, what we could change etc. I am think anything from content, pictures (we are in the process of taking more and better pictures of umbrella with logos on), functionality. Anything you notice when browsing the site. A I'm sure is common, we get that engrossed in the product you forget sometimes how customers may think and see the information etc. Please click on the link and have a look around - Promotional Umbrellas

Your honest feedback will; be much appreciated.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
135 12 51

Hi @PU88 

Unfortunately,  any changes made on the site may affect traffic even if the changes are minor. Please do not worry, the changes can also increase traffic and hopefully, community will manage to help you with that. 

1) Here in community I have recently reviewed a website that uses a function of uploading an image to within the order. I think doing the same thing for you will ease the process of ordering for your customers a lot. Here is a name of the site owner, I guess you can contact them and ask for advice https://community.shopify.com/c/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/626718\

2) I see that the minimum amount of items one can order is 25 pieces. Maybe you could reduce that to 10, in case a smaller company wants to have the same logo but on different colored umbrellas. 

3) Encourage your customers to upload reviews with photos, so that potential buyers can see how clear the image is on the umbrellas. (at least that is what I would do if I were to buy a batch of items) 

4) Change the layout of the reviews on product page, endless scroll can get frustrating 

5) Make some discounts for your customers that will also help you. For example, you can gift one umbrella for each 10th piece that has been ordered. However, you can put your own logo on that free umbrellas and it will work as marketing asset for you. 

5) Build long term relationships with your customers, for that run a Loyalty program. Our app Growave can help you do that, along with other 10 great marketing tools in one. Specifically for your site, I think you will find Reviews, Social Sharing, Rewards, Wishlist and Instagram to be useful. 

6) Place the section "Why printed umbrellas" on a different page and put the link to in on a navigation bar. 

The page loading speed is great on desktops, it is average on mobile versions. So if your analytics show a big amount of mobile users among your visitors, you might want to work the speed. 

I think that is it as for now, if you need additional help, feel free to ask. 

If I managed to help you, please let me know by liking this post or marking it as a solution. 

Good luck! 

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that helps Shopify brands reach their audience, engage users and increase conversions with ease here
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1791 29 194

Hello,

I had look into your website. It's looking great!

-> Regularly promote your products through social media pages.

-> Variants color function check it, I mean you can modify variant color function check this image https://snipboard.io/yBg3JW.jpg.

-> I am unable to find refund and policy pages of your store. You can add refund policy and Privacy policy in the footer section, it is more helpful for who can purchase the items on your store. 

Thanks,

Appfreaker.

https://apps.shopify.com/alidropship
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
787 35 102

Hey @PU88 

You need to engage your visitors coming on your site by giving loyalty reward points which will increase repeat purchase and customer lifetime value. You can add a chatbot to make sure you never lose any of your customers. You can add web push notification which will help you to retarget your customers anytime even when they are not in your store. This will help you to run your store smoothly and decrease the bounce rate and will capture your visitors and convert them into prospective or paying customers.

If you would like to implement all these I would suggest you to install AiTrillion.com It has all the features in a single app and is a fully integrated app. It is all in one Shopify app. Plus you don't need to install multiple apps. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
1 Like
Highlighted

@PU88, here's a some feedback I have on your store: 

User Experience Design

Promotional Umbrellas has a solid value proposition. The challenge however is in how the site has been designed. I'd say don't be afraid to make changes which improve usability and increase time visitors spend on your store. It'll eventually lead to conversions. However the current design has some flaws - it's rather dull as far as the background color is concerned. Grays-on-black can be tricky when it comes to design. 

Here's what you have right now:

Current first fold design - Promotional UmbrellasCurrent first fold design - Promotional Umbrellas

I'd suggest you move your design more in this direction - as it'll definitely lead to users feeling excited about the website design and subsequently increasing trustworthiness and conversion on your store: 

Suggested First Fold Design - Promotional UmbrellasSuggested First Fold Design - Promotional Umbrellas

Improving Search Engine Optimisation

For search engine optimisation, you could try out Kudobuzz SEOIt will identify and fix all SEO issues that you need to fix in order to help increase your store's SEO rankings and traffic.

Links to Important Footer Items
Remember to include in your footer, key links including: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), Privacy Policy, Terms and Conditions. These key footer items show that you have a means to answer concerns by potential customers and you also handle their data with utmost concern. 

Increasing Customer Engagement

Beyond this point, think about how you'd handle customer engagement to drive up conversions on your store. The last thing you'd want is to have a purchase-intent traffic (consumers with interest to buy) and being unable to give them relevant recommendations. Engagement on your store should primarily be about understanding what customers are looking for and showing them relevant inventory from your store - this will lead directly to conversion. 

You could use our app Rendezvous for this :) Our patented recommendation tech fills significant blind spots in traditional recommender systems, enabling new products such as yours to be discovered and recommended - leading to more sales. You can check it out here.

- If my answer was relevant, do Like so I can know.

- Also if it solves your problem, mark it as an accepted solution

You can also reply to this for further insights on improving your website + conversion.

Best of luck in improving your store and growing your business!

~ Kingston. 

Rendezvous is AI-powered social recommendations engine - enabling customers to discover products on merchant stores and leading to higher conversion rates.
Over 500,000+ shoppers are already using Rendezvous Recommendations to find products from big brands like - Amazon, Macy’s, Walmart & BestBuy.
0 Likes

@PU88 here's some feedback I have for your store:

Improve User Experience

I'd advice that you rethink the use of colors on your website. Black-on-Grays can be a rather tricky think when it comes to store design. When not properly configured / done, it could lead to items not being visible and / or might not bring emphasis to relevant calls to action. Here's the design you have right now on Promotional Umbrellas:

First Fold of Promotional UmbrellasFirst Fold of Promotional Umbrellas

I suggest that you tone down on the gray background, bring emphasis to product items and make the interface cleaner. It'll definitely change how users perceive your website and engage on your store. Also by adding accents to cards, it brings the promotional item collection into focus - leading to higher click through rates. See below:

Suggested Update to First Fold - Promotional UmbrellasSuggested Update to First Fold - Promotional Umbrellas

You can see that in this update, I collapsed the various types of umbrellas (which was used earlier as navigation menus) under "Umbrellas". This makes it easier to navigated the site easy. 

Search Engine Optimisation

To your question on improving on your search rankings, have you considered using an app like KudobuzzIt will identify and fix all SEO issues that you need to fix in order to help increase your store's SEO rankings and traffic. 

Include Key Footer Links

Some key links which I've seen are missing on your store include: FAQs, Privacy Policy, Terms & Conditions, Return and Refund Policy. As a business, it's important that you let your customers know that you take handle their data using international standards, and also have policies that cover how they can return items (if broken etc). All these are things customers look out for. 

Other Additional Fixes

Some other additional fixes I'd recommend include: 

• Ensuring consistency between the website and checkout (color and brand consistency)

• Making your website mobile friendly - so shoppers can easily navigate it on mobile

• Toning down on your use of Reds.

Increase Customer Engagement

Beyond this point, think about how you'd handle customer engagement to drive up conversions on your store. The last thing you'd want is to have a purchase-intent traffic (consumers with interest to buy) and being unable to give them relevant recommendations. Engagement on your store should primarily be about understanding what customers are looking for and showing them relevant inventory from your store - this will lead directly to conversion. 

You could use our app Rendezvous for this :) Our patented recommendation tech fills significant blind spots in traditional recommender systems, enabling new products such as yours to be discovered and recommended - leading to more sales. You can check it out here.

- If my answer was relevant, do Like so I can know.

- Also if it solves your problem, mark it as an accepted solution. 

You can also reply to this for further insights on improving your website + conversion. Best of luck in improving your store and growing your business!

~ Kingston. 

Rendezvous is AI-powered social recommendations engine - enabling customers to discover products on merchant stores and leading to higher conversion rates.
Over 500,000+ shoppers are already using Rendezvous Recommendations to find products from big brands like - Amazon, Macy’s, Walmart & BestBuy.
6 Likes