Looking for feedback, visitors do not spent time on store

Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1

Hello Everyone,

I am looking for feedback on my store as I noticed that visitors do not spent time on it and not really viewing products. I have some visitors but no adds to the cart, nothing... Am I doing something wrong? Is shop confusing? Homepage is confusing?

URL: www.shoptellus.com

Would be grateful for some feedback 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
516 48 135

Hi @ShopTellus,

Thank you for sharing your store with us here. I think you've done some good work so far but I do have some feedback I can offer, especially in regards to what you can do in terms of keeping people at the site longer and, hopefully, getting some conversions!

The first thing I noticed is that you don't have any actual products on the homepage. You do have a list of collections, which is great, but actually having a featured product (or more) on the homepage will give your customers an immediate idea of what products you sell and what they cost. This is a great way of grabbing a customer's attention and piquing their interest in your store.

I must say that I absolutely love your logo, and it serves as a great introduction to your brand! With that said, I feel like other aspects of the site - namely the font - do not match the brand you're promoting with the logo. I believe the fonts you are using are the default options for the theme you are using, and I'd recommend checking out some alternatives that better match the font in your logo. They don't have to be the same, but I'd go for something that is more aligned with the logo and imagery you have on the site (which is cool and exotic)!

Aside from these suggestions, I think you've done a wonderful job in terms of the content on the site (e.g. the product photos, descriptions, and the additional pages you've added). I would suggest checking out these blog posts we offer, however, which may give you some ideas on how to fine tune the storefront and start getting some conversions:

I hope this has helped but please let me know if you have any questions!

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted

Great photography and layout.  Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase.

Homepage Feedback

1. Carousels have been proven to kills conversions rates ...limit how much you use the one on your site. No one is going to wait around to see what is on each sliders

2. Consider adding a Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e. XY Of The Month). Pick one products and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great

3. Read up on how you can make your collection pages rank higher with SEO.

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level as it is really well done so far.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce & DTC brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1

Hi Victor,

Thank you for your feedback! I will try to add a featured product and I will definitely look up some different fonts just afraid that if I use something similar it could get overcrowding in terms of images (they are quite crowding already) and artistic fonts. Will play with it a little and see how it goes.

Thank you for the links!

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1

Hello Duane,

Thank you for your feedback, very helpful! I did not know that carousel have proven to have that effect but it makes sense in terms of when I check the websites and never take time to look at them.

Thank you for the link regarding SEO of collection pages. Will definitely work on that!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1958 123 433

Hey,
It seems you have worked quite a lot, as the store is amazing and close to perfect. It has everything at its place from top to bottom but surely you can work on few aspects mentioned down below which will help you in settling UI and overall functionality which will build trust for visitors and eventually drive you a

lot better sales.

1. I would love to see an Account login/sign-in system, as it is a must for e-commerce.

2. For engaging new customers, you can add a section of best-selling products.

3. For some sales at the start, you need to offer some discounts to get going as a promotional offer.
    Also, it would be great if you can create a seperate sale page for discounted products.

4. Also, You have around 33 products and sure you might add a few more as its just a start for your visitor might feel hard to find the right product.
    Also, your search page is a bit off and empty https://www.shoptellus.com/search?q=  Don't you think if suggestions are offered to searchbar, there will be a lot of chances for a visitor to buy from your store?
    I would recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.

5. Sales Pop syncs your store's data to turn recent orders into sales notification popups on your storefront. This is Sales Pop's highest converting feature and is most commonly used on product pages, collection pages.

6. Baymard Institute cites that more than 68% of online shopping carts are abandoned. If you're suffering from lots of traffic and little sales due to abandoned carts, you're not the only one— and PushOwl could be the answer you're looking for. Automated abandoned cart push notifications can help you increase sales and re-engage visitors to your site who have left.

I hope my feedback will help you convert visitors into customers.
Neha:)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
485 26 98

Hi @ShopTellus 

Hey congratulations on opening such a great store, honestly I like it a lot, but I think there might be a couple things you could consider changing.

Also I noticed that you don't have a sense of urgency. One of the main reasons why people don't buy from a store is because they feel like they can buy it whenever. A big thing that can help more of your visitors be turned into buyers would be by adding a sense of urgency to your store. One way to add urgency is to have a sale, and all sales need an end date. You can easily add a sale to your store with a countdown timer. One countdown timer that I recommend is https://apps.shopify.com/better-countdown .

Also I noticed that you don't have a blog. If you had a blog you would be able to drive more organic traffic to your store, plus it would help establish yourself as an expert.

I wasn't able to find reviews. It would be good to add reviews for your products. Think about it when was the last time you bought a product without reading the reviews first? I think you should definitely add some reviews.

Overall your store looks really good, I think with just a little bit of time and effort you'll be able to create a really awesome store!

If this helped you consider signing up for my free email course at https://mailchi.mp/7d8692283c12/shopify-conversion-course

To learn more visit https://www.answrly.com/

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
33 4 11

Like someone already mentioned, you don´t have any featured products on your main page, only the categories. I´d recommend that you create a small section of 3-5 products which either are already your bestsellers or you want to sell more of because your margin is higher for example and have them on your page as your "topsellers" or "bestsellers".

What could be another reason is that I´m unable to get to the product by clicking on its title, which is counter intuitive and most people will get frustrated by that -> make it possible to get to the article by clicking on its title.

Then we can even go further with your store - so here are some pro-tips to increase your sales:

• have your prices end with a 9, following the charm price effect this is the price which converts the best as we´re conditioned from early on to buy that price
  • I´ve seen prices which are displayed as $15,00 -> big no-go because each digit makes the price appear larger, write those prices either as 14,99 or 15 (without the decimals)
  • Your product descriptions could be improved in terms of SEO and appeal for your customers
  • As long as you don´t have any reviews, don´t disply them at all. Ask your customers actively for reviews and as soon as you have 5 or more you can display the reviews - otherwise it keeps people from buying
  • Put close to the add to cart button all the payment options you offer - either under or over the button on each product
  • In the cart make sure that the message button is not inside the checkout button
  • I´d recommend to turn the add to cart button and all the buttons in the checkout process which lead the customer to the sale into the same green colour because it subconsciously communicates that he is doing the right thing
  • If possible have the shipping costs displayed in the beginning - additional costs are conversion killer nr. 1 in the checkout process
  • When adding shipping costs make sure that the price still ends with a 9 at the end according to the charm price effect this will be better for your conversions
  • Include a progress bar at the top of the checkout process so that your customer can see his progress, if possible also in the green colour

These changes will lead to a higher conversion rate for your shop

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1

Hey ,

Oh thank you for your feedback! very helpful!

1. Totally agreed and added :)

2. Yes I want to add this once I figure out how to make sorting on brooklyn theme as now its only available to sort using tags...

3. Noted and will do a newsletter sign up discounts

4. Thank you for this one, I hate Brooklyn theme search! Was trying to figure out how to change it so this helps a lot!

5 and 6. Thank you will check these out.

Your review was very helpful!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1

Hi @FFT_SMART,

Thank you for your feedback! I do not really like those countdowns as personally  immediately leave a webpage if it has it. I think this was working few years ago... 

I do have a blog and product reviews :)

0 Likes