Looking for feedback :)

Solved
Tourist
7 0 0

Hello everyone!

I am looking for feedback and suggestions for my page https://thebabystation.net/

Please let me know what I can improve on my website, I'm a bit biased and would like some fresh eyes to look at it.

Thanks for your time!

0 Likes

Hi @babystation ,

I just reviewed your store, it is quite good. Here are a few things you might consider changing.

Homepage: Need more work on the homepage layout. Check the homepage flow. You can add sections such as ‘blogs’, ‘New arrivals’, ‘offers & discount banners’ to engage users.

Product Page: Product description formatting is a bit messed up. It should be nicely spaced so that buyers find it visually appealing. You can display the extended details using tabs rather than a chunk of text. Think about how you can concisely convey and highlight the most important information. Also, you can add a Q&A section to make the product description more compelling.

Images: Your website images don’t look responsive to many devices. You need to fix it.

Sticky Header: You can create a sticky header. Sticky header is something that remains fixed to the top of the website, and are visible even when you scroll down. It gives a better navigation experience to the user.

Structured Data: What I observed that structured data is not effectively implemented, If it's not effectively implemented then it won't help you increase search appearance on SERP.

Live Chat Support: A website with no live chat is like a store with no sales assistant. Start a conversation with your visitors and turn them into happy customers. So integrate live chat support on your website.

Grow Online Sales with Mobile Optimization: Make mobile your first priority. Check everything on your mobile. Also, work on performance optimization to increase visitors and sales. Your mobile speed score is low i.e. 56%. It should be above 80%.

babyy.jpg

Ads: If you want to increase sales I would recommend to start off Facebook or Google Shopping ads. It becomes easier to get conversion and grow business with the help of Ads.

I hope my feedback will help you!!! If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask!!
Thank you!!!

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Custom Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | Digital Marketing | Site Speed Optimization | Web Development
1 Like
Tourist
7 0 0

You mentioned that I  can display the extended details using tabs rather than a chunk of text and also include a comparison chart, infographics and a Q&A section to make product description more compelling. How do I go about doing the tab thing?

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
766 75 149

Hey there, @babystation 

Bo here from Shopify Support!

Well done on launching your store, it's looking great. There are a number of things we can work on to improve it so let's jump right into that! 

Browsing through your page I noticed that most of your products are currently on sale. When a company offers a discount to their customers, they’re taking a big risk of devaluing their services. Customers can get the impression that the services being offered aren’t worth paying full price for. It also sets a precedent in the customer’s mind that your pricing isn’t firm. When promoting sales it is important to use scarcity and urgency to your advantage. If your store is constantly offering discounted prices it is not going to create any urgency, your customer won't see the need in buying right away as there is no end to the sale insight. It is great to see that you are offering free shipping, but offering free shipping for a limited time, as well as offering discounts for a limited time would be much more effective in getting those first few sales. Take a look at our post on using urgency and scarcity to your advantage for more information on this.

I noticed that you don't have an About Us page. The About Us is probably the most underutilized marketing tool on Online Stores. What an About Us page should be is a goal-oriented sales page, one that focuses on highlighting the biggest selling points of your story and brand, making a strong impression on curious customers. It is the perfect place to highlight a number of objectives such as:

-  Communicate the story of your business and why you started it.
-  Describe the customers or the cause that your business serves.
-  Explain your business model or how your products are made.
-  Put a face to your business, featuring the founders, or, the people on your team.
-  Incorporate persuasive content (e.g. an explainer video, data visualizations, links to blog posts) that might otherwise clutter your homepage.

In short, your online store displays your products brilliantly, your "About Us" page should be telling your customer why they should buy from you.

Having a social media presence is incredibly important in eCommerce. You can check out our guide on building your presence here. Social media is a key aspect of digital marketing, helping businesses reach millions of customers across the world. Last year in the UK alone, 89% of people accessed the internet every week; 77% of these used it to research goods/services before making a purchase, and 60% to access social media. It’s estimated that, worldwide, over 3 billion people use social media every day. This means, if you want to grow your business, you need to start taking advantage of using social media for your Shopify store. You can take a look at our guide on social media marketing here.

All the Best,

Bo 

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Shopify Partner
438 19 51

Why don't you try AiTrillion.com? It has a lot of advanced features when it comes to reviews. Like your customers, they get loyalty points when they leave a review on your store. They encompass everything that an eCommerce seller needs to grow, convert and retain its customers. Check their features on the website you will definitely understand what I mean. :)

Want to maximize your engagement and sales?
Visit AiTrillion.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 0

Thank you Bo for your wonderful insight, I'm working and putting into application everything you've mentioned.

0 Likes
Astronaut
757 47 174

Hey Thebabystation, 

I have reviewed your store and the first impression of the store is good but I can confront you to some of the things in a very simple way, it will help you in improving UI and overall functionalities to become more user-friendly and eventually leads to sales.

You don't need to be disappointed, as the store is decent, unique and attractive but not that engaging or encouraging to customers.

1. Offer some discounts to encourage customers to buy from your store.
  2. Please add some social links like facebook, twitter, etc for better connectivity.
  3. Please add some blogs for more clarity.

4. Also, You have around 8 products and a visitor might feel hard to find the right product.
    Also, your search page is a bit off and empty https://thebabystation.net/search?q= Don't you think if suggestions are offered to search bar, there will be a lot of chances for a visitor to buy from your store?
    I would recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with the search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.
  5. For better traffic and sales, you can Run some advertisements from the popular app Kit. Kit is the extra set of hands you’ve been looking for to help with marketing your store. As your FREE virtual employee, Kit will recommend the marketing activities most likely to drive sales.
    I hope my feedback will help you convert visitors into customers.
  6. Sales Pop syncs your store's data to turn recent orders into sales notification popups on your storefront. This is Sales Pop's highest converting feature and is most commonly used on product pages, collection pages.
  7. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.

I hope my feedback will help you convert visitors into customers.
Neha:)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
488 25 99

Hi @babystation 

Really good job on launching your store. I think there isn't a ton to change, but I'm going to nitpick anyways, because there is always room for improvement :D.

After carefully reviewing I don't see reviews. Adding reviews would help your customers research the products they are going to buy. Plus if someone likes a product they bought from you they can leave a review.

After browsing your store I noticed I wasn't able to find social media links. Creating some social media accounts can be a great way to drive organic traffic to your store.

Another thing you might want to add is a FAQ section. If your customer can't find an answer to their questions they may not buy from you. Adding an FAQ section will help to add trust, and make it so your customer doesn't need to leave your site, to find an answer to their question.

One thing to consider is adding an always visible buy button. The buy button is probably the most important button in your entire store and you need to make sure that your customer can always easily find it. If your customer needs to scroll all they waaay back up after reading your descriptions, they are more likely not to buy from you. A lot of people are very busy, and every extra step that you add is another reason why they might not want to buy from you. I recommend adding https://apps.shopify.com/better-sticky-checkout-button-increase-your-sales . It can help you make sure your buy button is always within a thumbs reach for your customer.

After carefully reviewing I don't see a sense of urgency. By using urgency, you can make your visitors feel like they are missing out unless they order immediately. The 'Fear of Missing Out' that they experience, will increase your ability to convert them into buyers. One app that can help you with that is https://apps.shopify.com/better-countdown . It really can make a big difference in getting your customers to buy from you

Did you think about adding a blog. If you had a blog more customers might be able to find your site, and even if they aren't ready to buy at the moment they are reading your blog, they are more likely to buy from you in the future.

But seriously your store is actually really great, and I think just a few minor tweaks could really go a long way.

By the way, I created an email course at https://mailchi.mp/7d8692283c12/shopify-conversion-course (I'm not selling anything) that might help you optimize your store.

To learn more visit https://www.answrly.com/

1 Like