hey guys, hope you're all doing great. I just launched my store on the 11th and I've had great traffic with a number of 'added to cart' sessions.
However, I haven't made any sales really. Not sure if its because I have high expectations so soon or if the website is lacking something.
I would love to hear what you guys have to say about it - would truly appreciate some feedback.
My store: https://luxuriouseye.com
I hope you’re doing well.
I have inspected your store and here’s my report:
Your store looks really great, you did really well on the visuals of the store. I like the homepage and the flow. Furthermore, I visited the products and found that their descriptions are either senseless or copied or not unique.
According to Google, if your products have common or copied descriptions your products will not rank high in the search rating sometimes they don’t even show up in the search results.
Also about your product titles, they look very simple i.e. just the product name but a good product title should have all the essential qualities of the product in the title. And also they help in improving the overall SEO of your store. Take Amazon’s product titles for example they are informative and always show up on top in search results.
Lastly, I would like to talk about your store’s On-Page SEO rating which is really bad. If you wish to make your store more visible and reachable you should have a high SEO rating. Your SEO rating is a combined rating of how well your store will perform in search results higher the score higher the chances of being on the top result. You can improve it by making your Titles and Product description SEO optimized. Other than your product title and descriptions, the most important factor which affects your SEO rating is Meta Description, it's really important and most of the stores don't pay enough attention to it and then complain about the less traffic and conversions.
Meta description and SEO rating vastly impact your store visibility on google and other possible interaction places. The meta description plays an important role in attracting the right kind of traffic ultimately resulting in better conversions.
I’d really suggest you try Descrii, they provide titles, descriptions, and meta descriptions for your products that’ll help your website to climb high in search rankings and ultimately gain more traffic and conversion.
I hope this helps.
Have a nice day
Hi @LuxuriousEye !
Add clear CTAs - help to show what to do next. Hero banner on your homepage is a key to make a connection with every visitor. You should clearly communicate what your website is about.
Homepage designs guides your visitors around your website. To engage visitors you need to work on homepage layout design. Include trust indicators on the homepage. Homepage content should be strategically decided.
90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.
Imagine if you saw something that you quite like in the store, however you want to browse more, get more options, and then choose the best one. That often happens to me, because I am indecisive. That is when Wishlist comes in handy. Since you have a lot of products on your site, I recommend adding that feature to improve the user experience on your site. Besides, if the items on the wishlist have not been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder.
Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.
Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer.
For adding the functions above you can use several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try Growave.
We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, etc.
There is a free plan available.
Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.
Congratulations for your store!
I’ve gone through your store and found that there are quite a few things missing on your store which if added can really make a lot of difference to the user experience, conversion rate and your overall sales.
Hello @LuxuriousEye, I hope you are doing good! here are some suggestions:
- The home Page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- New arrivals, Bestsellers- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed
- Engage your visitors coming to your site. You can add web push notifications which will help you to retarget your customers anytime even when they are not in your store. This will help you to run your store smoothly and decrease the bounce rate and will capture your visitors and convert them into prospective or paying customers. You will be able to retain your customers for the long term.
- Start giving loyalty points on activities like on signing up, allowing for push notifications, follow or share on social media, on birthdays, visiting a store, leaving a review. This will help you to entice your visitors and will also increase the number of push subscribers, reviews, newsletter subscribers. A loyalty program helps in increasing sales and increase the retention rate.
- Add exit-intent popup. Track when someone is about to leave your website and show the visitor exit-intent popup with attractive offers and coupon code to complete the purchase.
If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.
Read this if you have lots of traffic and no sales
Hope this Helps!
Your store looks great. Products look fantastic. There is not much of a problem with store layout since you said that you have a lot of traffic and cart sessions. However just to make the store homepage meaningful, I would suggest the store homepage order should be an attractive header that should simply communicate your customer value to your potential customers. The sale offer strip can go above the header though. The header basically provides the first impression so maybe it's better to switch things a bit on the homepage. The call to action should be there on the header too.
Regarding the lack of conversions, I would suggest implementing some in-store marketing tactics to convert that traffic into paying customers. Online users usually have opened a lot of browsers during their time on the web. They switch browsers from time to time and sometimes forget to close the irrelevant tabs. I think this is the time to grab their attention especially when they have added a product to the cart. You can integrate Cart Abandonment Protector from Care Cart. It's a simple app that will send a cart reminder in the title bar by animating the text and favicon. This is the first simple step that you can do.
Apart from that, I would highly recommend tracking your cart abandonment rate and collect your visitors' email ids so that you can retarget them through email campaigns. Moreover, build social proof on your store to boost the potential buyers' confidence. You can do this by showing live traffic on your products. This way you are using your good traffic as an opportunity for your potential buyers to get convert so think of it in this way. I can suggest you a Trafficly Visitors Counter app to apply this mechanism to your store to show traffic.
In addition, As soon as you start getting some sales, take more advantage of it, and show recent sales notifications to your store visitors to build more social proof. All these cost-effective strategies will help in getting some initial conversions I believe.
I haven't seen social media platform icons on your store. I would recommend adding them, also try to build a community on Instagram and Facebook page by sharing regular content. These are all bricks that combined to make a solid building. Hope this helps
Hi @LuxuriousEye ,
My name is Richard- CRO expert at PageFly. Would love to give some feedback to improve your store here.
- Logo brand looks small, I can't figure your brand personality. You need to change to a bigger one.
- When I land on your homepage, it seems like after half a minute, I still don't get an idea of what you are selling. Consider having a more signature picture to represent your products.
- No CTA button is found on the first site. Create at least 1 CTA button, e.g: Shop now/ Buy now/ etc.
- Consider having a Lookup/ Search bar in the header. It is crucial to include this because if customers can't find help/ support, it will be more likely they leave your site.
- Also, I am quite confused that there are 2 images and I can not click on them. You should place 2 product collections here.
- Congratulations, your product image is so nice. But you should move it to the product page instead. I think this page is informative enough.
That's my idea. If you think it helpful, please like and mark this as a solution!
Have a nice day!