Looking for help! No sales, not sure what is wrong.

Highlighted
3 0 0

My store has been live for about 4 months now, and I've made a handful of sales to friends and family in the beginning, but after that it has sadly come to a halt. I'm looking for any feedback on why this might be; I feel like I have a very unique product with a well defined audience you are not going to find elsewhere, (like Amazon/AliExpress, etc) as well as a fleshed out site, so I'm stuck on what to do next.

70% of my traffic comes from instagram, the rest mostly Facebook. I'm very active on IG but just can't seem to convert to sales.

Thanks anyone for taking the time to look! I do appreciate it.

https://oddmonster.co/

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
259 3 61

Hi, Rei!

Lisa here from the Shopify Social Care Team.  

You are very talented! I love how you have made your drawings into a very unique product and built your brand out. It takes a while to build momentum and reach your target market! A lot of fine tuning goes into optimizing and finding the right product-market fit.

You have a decent following of 4.5k+ on Instagram, how about you try supercharging this funnel. This article here gives some actionable tips about how you can get more out of Instagram.  That's awesome you'll do a big giveaway at 6k Instagram followers, as advertised on the bio of your profile. How have you been promoting this? Take a look at this article that runs through ways to promote, run and announce social media campaigns flawlessly.

You're doing good on social, however, how about you visit some other social media strategies to help you drive customers to your site. Each strategy is different from business to business and needs to be tailored to where you would find most of your customers. When you're just getting started, try as many different outlets to see which one works for you as you never know where your customers may be hiding. From here you'll get a better idea of how to refine your strategy based on what works and what does not. You never know if Pinterest, Polyvore or even Reddit may just be the rainbow that leads to your pot of gold! Check out this article here on how to put together a social media strategy that works for your unique business.

Influencer marketing may also be the way to go! Try find influencers that are big fans of the certain styles you mentioned, for example, Japanese street fashion styles such as like fairy-kei. You can leverage influencers existing following, to get your designs and products in front of a new audience with similar interests. 

You don't always have to reach out to someone that has hundreds of thousands of followers already. You can try micro influencers who have a very concentrated and loyal following. Learn about Macro vs. Micro Influencer Deals and How to Negotiate Them. Along with 6 Influencer Marketing Platforms for Partnering with Internet Famous Creators. 

As for feedback on your store, you have great imagery and also an amazing story. However, it takes a while to click through to find out more about your brand and the inspiration behind it. I'd like to see more of this brand story upon entry on your landing page. If you're comfortable with it, a video of you doing the artwork and talking about your products and inspiration could be a very effective form of communication for your brand. 

I believe you're using Brooklyn theme based on the way the menu has condensed in the corner. While this theme is great for full page banners, I see you're not optimizing this feature. Therefore, a theme with a more efficient navigation may help your customers see the vast range of products available right from the landing page and display your images better. For example, a theme like Ira that is designed for storytelling. The way your site is structured is also important for Search Engines, and in turn, driving more organic traffic to your site. Here's some information about structuring your theme for SEO.

A lot of the images are cut off because the size dimensions and ratios are incorrect for the theme. Especially with your art, it needs to be displayed to it's fullest potential. When the images are obviously cut off, the viewer is unable to see the full picture which comes across as unprofessional and inconvenient. Here's Brooklyn's theme document which explains the optimum image dimensions for this theme. I would love to see more full-width images of your drawings and you create them. You really have a point of difference that your designs are extremely unique, and I'd love to see this instantly communicated clearly on the homepage! 

Feel free to reply if you have any questions on the above, or would like to discuss anything in particular. 

Best of luck, keep up the good work! 

- Lisa

Lisa | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi Lisa,

Thank you for the response! I will try some of the things you've suggested immediately. Could you give me a specific example of one image which appears cut off? Also, when you say, "While this theme is great for full page banners, I see you're not optimizing this feature," which part do you mean? The large hero banner I have on the front page is full screen, but do you mean the images below it?

Thank you for the clarification and help!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
259 3 61

Hi, Rei!

You are very welcome. Sure here's an example of an image that is cut off so the writing is unreadable: 

Also, here's what I mean for the banner at the top of the page, where it has a large white border at the top of it: 

VS Brooklyn demo site with full-page image banner: 

This is just a design preference for the theme you're using, however with your bright and exciting imagery a full-page banner fits your brand.  Like the cupcake image above, the full page of color has a high impact on the viewer. 

The best size for your slideshow image is 1200px wide. Brooklyn is a responsive theme, which means that it automatically adjusts the image size to fit computer and mobile screens. Please also make sure your logo is saved and uploaded as a PNG so it can be overlayed on top of the image. If you have any issues moving forward with the hero slideshow, please let us know!

- Lisa

Lisa | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes