Looking for honest feedback

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

My store has been getting moderate views but little to no sales. I feel as if I have a good niche and a few good products. However, I'm wondering if my store is lacking something. Any feedback is appreciated. Thank you. 

Store:

bakeandshop.com

0 Likes
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2928 214 474

Hi Amber, 

Nick here from Shopify. 

Great work on your store so far. It looks like you've put a lot of work into it and it shows. Let's take a look at a few things you can add or accentuate to improve things. 

• I saw you have an Instagram account which is great. Using organic Instagram engagement is a great technique to build an audience that will visit your store and hopefully follow through with a purchase. A top Shopify Expert recently hosted a podcast with a store owner who was using this technique very successfully which you can listen to here.  
  • I noticed there was a lot of products on the homepage straight away and you do have an about us page. But the subtle art of less is more could be worth exploring for you here. Maybe having fewer products at first glance and perhaps telling a little about the bake and shop story to try and get visitors invested and explain why you over anyone else.  Out of the Sandbox a company which has developed several themes which are now sold in the Shopify theme store have a great blog post on effective homepages which you can see here
  • The last thing I will recommend is maybe doing some Facebook ads if you haven't already done so. There is a great technique to try and find the best audience for your store called the 3x3x3 technique. You start out with 3 ads, 3 different audiences and 3 sets of copy/images with a small budget for each, then monitor the results for each variable. You’ll notice some ads will perform better than others. You can drop off the less successful ads and raise the budget for the more successful ones, to reach that key audience. There is a great guide going into this in more detail which you can find here

Hope these help and don't hesitate to ask should you have any other questions about it. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Explorer
242 1 22

Hi Amber, I browsed your store and here are a few tips from me.

You already have links to your social sites at the bottom of your page. Do you need the moving ones too? 

I didn't find any way to contact you or info about shipping. Those are the basics for your visitors to trust you. You need to give them a way to contact you (contact form at minimum). And give them info about shipping like where do you ship, how long does it take and how much does it cost.

Why does every first product on category page have info about secure payment? You have it on every product page you don't need to have it on your category page. Especialy when it is messing up your category pages.

After clicking on the heart icon for the wishlist it takes too long to load. If I wasn't curious what it does I would close it before it loaded.

You wrote that you get traffic but no sales. That is quite a common problem. It is because people generally do not make a purchase on the first visit. They need more time to research and decide. That is where retargeting ads can help you. They can help you bring the people back once they are ready to make the purchase. You can check out ROI Hunter Easy app for that.

Hope it helps at least a little.

Ondra

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
3 0 1

Amber,

Kathryn here from Justuno, congrats on getting your site up and running! A great way to help boost your conversion rate and sales, is to engage with your customers through pop-ups and promotions.

I see that you have a free shipping banner on your site (great idea!) and that you had an email opt-in. This showed immediately to me when I visited your site and while email opt-ins are a great way to engage people, it was a little soon. Let them get a chance to navigate a few pages before firing, or have scrolled down your page a certain amount. Asking something of visitors too soon can cause them to leave your site before they can make it to the purchasing stage.

Hope these tips help!

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Thank you so much. I will look into not showing so many products on the homepage and the other tips you’ve mentioned. I really appreciate the feedback. 

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Thank you. I didn’t think about a contact form before. I will consider it now. I use a Shopify app to display the badges but I’ve been trying to figure out why it’s ahowing on the first product too. I will probably remove it and try re adding it. Thank you for the other tips and notes too!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Thank you. I always wondered if my pop up was too soon or not. I will also look more into the pop ups and promotions! Thanks for the feedback. 

0 Likes