Looking for some feedback (obvious things I might have missed)

Excursionist
12 1 0

Greetings everyone!

I've had my store up and running for 7 months now and I'm mostly pleased with the performance.

Robust American Patches sells synthesizer presets/patches. (Sound Design) All of my products are digital downloads, no tangible items to speak of.

Recent Additions:

1. I've recently added an informal testimonials page called "Shout-Outs."

This was quite easy as the quotes were already written and all I had to do was collect them and ask for permission to use them. I plan on doing a "formal" testimonials page as well which will include use cases and audio examples but that will take more effort/time.

2. I designed and added a Favicon.

3. Added a featured collection section to my home page.

4. Made my free products (email address magnets) more visible.

Basically, I'm looking for anything obvious that I might have missed...Navigation snafus, redundant sections or info, how the site experience flows/evolves for a guest, does the store make sense?

Couple of points:

1. In the wacky world of the Synthesist, there is a stigma attached to buying presets. A true/competent synthesist will insist on creating all their own sounds to ensure originality. So I'm fighting something that is built into the culture to begin with.

2. I have no presence on Facebook or Twitter. I use synthesizer news sites & synth forums to announce and promote my products. The problem is I have a fundamental, adverse reaction to farcebook. Their data sharing agreements with the powers that be...Topic for another post. I've also read that you can't sell digital downloads on facebook so I'm wondering if it's even worth it. Is this true? No digital downloads on FB? Am I absolutely crazy to not have a presence on FB?

Thanks for your time and any advice you can offer.

Robust American

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
588 56 117

Hey there, @Digital_Lad 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

Thank you so much for posting in the community. I must say your store is looking really well. It is clear that you have put a lot of work into it. I love your "About Us" page, it is well written and the interview format is really engaging to read. Your "Shout Outs" are a really nice touch as well. Some themes come with a testimonies feature so you can display testimonies such as these to your homepage so your customer is immediately greeted by the praise of past customers. It could be useful to implement this in your store as some customers might not look into the "Shout Outs" page and would not get the chance to read these glowing reviews. There are apps that can be added to your store if your theme does not have this built-in. Apps such as Testimonials Slider and Testimonials and Product Reviews. 

It is great to see you utilize the pages feature for your contact page, about us and shout out pages - I would recommend also adding your policies to your collection of pages. You can then add these policy pages to the footer menu. Privacy Policies and Return Policies have become the norm for online stores and so it would be a good idea to have them there for your customers to see. It would also be a good point of reference if a customer was ever looking for a refund; you will be able to direct them to a public page on your site that cites your return policy. You can read up on adding store policies here.

You would be correct in saying that Facebook does not allow for Digital Downloads to be sold on their plan. Their policy states that sellers are only permitted to sell physical products with them. While I would not say you are mad to not sell with them - they can be a super useful tool for advertising and reaching the niche market that you are selling to. Your products are very specialized and Facebook Ads are very good at targeting very specific audiences. So, you could advertise your website and have your customers come shop there. HubSpot has a really great course on marketing with Facebook that I would highly recommend, here.

If you are totally averse to advertising with Facebook you should check out this guide on marketing with Twitter. Twitter can be a really powerful tool when used correctly. You are free to post any kind of content that you like which really opens your options. We also have this wonderful guide on increasing your traffic organically without paying for ads.  

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Excursionist
12 1 0

Hi Bo and thanks for your advice. Sorry about the double post, when I posted this the 1st time it didn't show up so I posted it again with a different subject. Now there are 2. Any chance you could combine the 2 threads? The other one is here.

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I will certainly be making some of those changes soon.

0 Likes
Excursionist
12 1 0

Well I made lots of changes over the last 48 hours or so. Check it out if you have some time and let me know how I did.

My Store

Thanks Again Bo!

Randy

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
588 56 117

Hey there, @Digital_Lad 

Your store is still looking great! I do not see any changes that I suggested. If there is anything in particular that you want me to take a look at please do let me know.

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Excursionist
12 1 0

Hi Bo,

Sorry I wasn't more specific in my last reply...I added a "Faqs" page which contains our return policy and our privacy policy. I created a brand new, smaller logo and condensed the main menu with some nested items. I also removed the text from the top of the header and reduced the amount of text in the section just below the header. Seems to be more for functional for mobile devices now.

Thanks Again Bo!

It is great to see you utilize the pages feature for your contact page, about us and shout out pages - I would recommend also adding your policies to your collection of pages. You can then add these policy pages to the footer menu. Privacy Policies and Return Policies have become the norm for online stores and so it would be a good idea to have them there for your customers to see. It would also be a good point of reference if a customer was ever looking for a refund; you will be able to direct them to a public page on your site that cites your return policy. You can read up on adding store policies here.

0 Likes