Looking for some thoughts on Kōena (tropical, handcrafted beauty products).

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Dear Shopify Community, 

I have just launched my new webshop which you can find here: https://koenabeauty.com/

Before telling too much about it, I would love to hear your feedback first: 

• How would you describe/summarize what you experienced on that web page in 1-2 sentences?
  • What was most striking, eye catching, interesting, bad or ugly?
  • Too much or too little content? Product line up OK (I would like to grow it over gradually instead of releasing all variants at once)
  • How to handle product reviews in a new online shop? 0 reviews looks not convincing but you have to start somehow, right? Once it works, I think reviews are very powerful but how to overcome this gap? Better start with individual testimonials first?
  • Major language mistakes!!! If you find some, please let me know. I just moved to the US from Germany and there might be some weird phrases or wrong grammar that I didn't catch.

Please note: the coffee product section will be changed soon... I am aware that it does not yet match the look and feel of the remaining web page (particularly the product images). 

I am very thankful that this forum offers a feedback section to get some neutral feedback. Looking forward to your replies!

Mahalo

1 Like
Highlighted

Hey @Kōena, here are my views on your store - 

1. Your store looks awesome! Simple, clean and with that white background, it's classy! 

2. To be honest, there was nothing bad or ugly. 

3. I didn't get the concept of ingredients? Maybe you can shift it in your blog section and then in About Us section, you can talk about your work and divert users to your ingredients! But having a separate page for ingredients in the header menu just doesn't sync. 

4. If you've made any sales, you can drop a mail to your customers to give a product review! I'll not suggest you to get reviews just like that, but having 2-3 reviews on every product page, gives authenticity. You need to reach out to your customers and ask them for their review and testimonials! Or, you can upload an image in the homepage asking for product reviews! 

5. As far as I can see, there's no issue with language! 

All in all, your store looks decent, neat and clean! I wish you best of luck in your journey!

I'm from CedCommerce - a group of coders and tech enthusiasts trying to help eCommerce guys with their store set up. You can reach out to me anytime for any kind of customisation ; add-ons or drafting sales/marketing/social media strategy! We have helped quite a few entrepreneurs in their journey, and if you need a helping hand, we would be glad to offer one! 

Ps. I'm just a message away! 

Wish you luck for your Shopify journey! Cheers! .-. 

Helping store owners in their smooth eCommerce journey! ;)
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi @Mihir_Gupta_ 

thank you very much for your detailed feedback. 

I like the ideas regarding the reviews. Since the site has just launched, sales has been very limited but your approach might help to generate a handful of reviews. That's a good start.

#3 is a very important point. My products are handmade (though possibly professionally manufactured in the future which is why I do not promote that too prominently) but more important: all ingredients are natural, no chemical stuff included and products like the lip balm contain a variety of these special ingredients (not only 1 or 2 as you might often see with lower-priced products). So you would suggest to explain that better or place it differently on the web page?

Thanks also for linking to CedCommerce. I will check your offering out over the weekend!

Mahalo,

Kōena

0 Likes
Highlighted

Because your products are handmade with 100% natural ingredients, you have a lot to talk about it. My suggestion is, keep talking about your natural ingredients and your idea of coming up with this venture more often! This way, users might abandon their cart, but there are fair chances that they will hit your blog section .. read your stuff .. and they might get impressed! I'm sure the future is more inclined towards naturalyl crafted materials & things .. I wish you all the best for that!  

Helping store owners in their smooth eCommerce journey! ;)
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
209 9 48

Hi, @Kōena  welcome to Shopify family, 

I hope your business is going well during these difficult times. I checked your store website, and I have a few tips and feedback I'd like to share,

1. The logo is not visible and the placement can be changed from the center to the top left as people will memorize the brand because people are habituated reading from left for right.
2. The header menu has to be placed above the landing menu. The addition of video to a landing page increases conversations by 80%. evaluate your competitor’s websites after browsing through a few of their websites, compare your findings to your own site.
3.  Branded video content is likely to take over consumers who are 300% most likely to watch a video about a product rather than read a description. 
4. Add a section of frequently brought/suggested items this will increase the product value and it will be reviewed as well. Bigger images in your catalouge view product list with bigger images and hidden description can increase sales and will add brand value to your products.
5. The addition of most viewed or most liked section on your homepage will significantly increase the percentage of gallery review. Ask your customers to rate your products as this will help build trust and loyalty for the brand.
6. Product badges are a great way to highlight specific products in your store so they stand out. Getting your customers to take notice of the best product offerings and promotions means your sales campaigns should be even more successful. You can even combine product badges with proven marketing techniques such as scarcity and social proof and your products should sell even faster.

I hope this helps!

Munawar.

ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
Want a free store consultation to boost your sales? Send me a message.
Grab your limited time offer on install today!
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
185 5 37

Hi @Kōena 

Trust you are doing good. I have sent you an email listing down some imp points as a feedback.

Thanks
vinod

Vinod Sachdev.
Digital Marketing Consultant
Google & Bing Ads | Web Design & Development | Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO)
15+ years Industry Experience & Knowledge of Latest Web Technologies
250+ Clients Served - across USA, UK, Spain, Caribbean Islands, India & more.
625+ Paid Ads Search, Shopping, Display, Re-Marketing Campaigns Successfully Managed which achieved higher sales
100+ Custom Websites & Landing Pages Designed & Developed

email vinod.digitalcentrics@gmail.com | https://digitalcentrics.com/
1 Like
Highlighted

Hello @Kōena ,

I just had a look at your store, your store looks great. I have a few suggestions for you hope they might help you.

• There are no trust badges at your checkout page, try adding them as trust badges help your customers know that your site is safe to shop. 
  • Add sale stickers that help you in bringing sales.
  • Try adding SEO related high search keywords in your title and product description so that it will be very easy to market your products and display them at the top in google search.
  • Try adding some sale offers to your products to attract customers.

I hope our feedback helps you.

Thanks,

Droppersstop 

Droppersstop is an aliexpress dropshipping app that imports products from aliexpress to your Shopify store.The following are the features of droppersstop:-
Free plan available, Importing products from aliexpress individually, Bulk importing from aliexpress, Pricing automation, Inventory price and stock auto-update, Product customization, Automated order fulfillment.
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Thanks so much for all the great advice. 

I will try to work on my brand message / natural ingredients & handcrafted by adding certain labels (GMO-free, cruetly-free...) and carving out the message on the web page itself. 

Building trust with references and badges is another important step that I neglected so far. 

SEO is the biggest topic to solve but I guess that’s nothing that can be done overnight. Constantly refining and optimizing should do the trick. 
If sales picks up and budget is available it’s probably something worth to invest. 

For everybody reading this: please refrain from calling me via the webshop’s phone number. This is my customer order & support number. 
My partner is working on most tech-related topics and it’s just the wrong channel to address your feedback and offer support. 

Again, thank you to everybody who provided thoughts and ideas in this thread. 
It’s good to know that my starting point seems to be solid, although, there are plenty of additional steps to be taken in order to bring Kōena to the next level

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
185 5 37

Hi @Kōena 

You're always welcome. Yes you have started well.

SEO takes lot of time. If you really wish that your sales pickup try to invest only $10 a day in paid ads with correct ad setups and detailed optimization. Optimization is the second step first  is to sort out the minor edits on your website so before investing in any kind of digital channel try to sort the minor edits. Once your minor edits are done do feel free to again ask the feedback you have my email too.

Thank you

Vinod

Vinod Sachdev.
Digital Marketing Consultant
Google & Bing Ads | Web Design & Development | Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO)
15+ years Industry Experience & Knowledge of Latest Web Technologies
250+ Clients Served - across USA, UK, Spain, Caribbean Islands, India & more.
625+ Paid Ads Search, Shopping, Display, Re-Marketing Campaigns Successfully Managed which achieved higher sales
100+ Custom Websites & Landing Pages Designed & Developed

email vinod.digitalcentrics@gmail.com | https://digitalcentrics.com/
1 Like