Looking for store feedback after doing some upgrades

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hey guys,

I started Tame Mane® back in 2015 as a beard oil company.  We got involved with vending music festivals within a month after launching, and got deep in it quick!  I have been able to travel all over the east coast and have been an official vendor at a number of large music festivals such as Bonnaroo, Electric Forest, Okeechobee, Camp Bisco, Hulaween to name a few.

Festivals have been our main stream of income.  Before I started this, I grew and ran a large social media following in an unrelated niche and was making roughly $10k/mo net through Spreadshirt (this was back in 2013).  Because of how isolated I was from people, I decided that I wanted to try starting and growing my business the old fashioned way, face to face with my customers.  Doing this, I have grown a following of high quality & loyal customers.  My social media following isn't huge (I have never paid for ads, even when I was growing my social media empire back in 2012-2014) however most of my sales are from repeat customers, and continues to slowly spread its reach as word of mouth continues to spread about the products I make.

Now that we're all somewhat stuck at home, I have worked a lot on re-vamping my website.  There is still some work left for me to do.  I plan to re-take my product photos professionally with a white background, and I also have a large variety of products not yet listed in my shop.  I am currently adding my glass dread beads, although the photos keep uploading sideways and it is taking forever to edit every single photo - and no, they were not taken sideways, they did not download to my computer sideways, they are all square images.  If you have an answer to why this is happening, please fill me in on how to fix this!

My website is www.tamemane.com 

I appreciate you guys taking the time to look it over and letting me know what areas I can improve in (aside from new product photos).  :)

0 Likes
Highlighted

Interesting combo between the beard and skincare mixed with glass pipes... if it's working it's working. I think there are opportunities to tweak the design and UX of the site.

Homepage Feedback

1. I would clean up the design of your homepage as it's hard to read the white text against the current masthead. I would change the image and where you place the text. 

2. I would delay the 10% off popup to one minute to give me a bit more time to look around the homepage

3. I would move the FAQ, affiliates and contact us links to your footer. Help clean up your main navigation

4. Carousels have been proven to lowers conversions rates ...limit how much you use the one on your site. No one is going to wait around to see what is on each sliders

5. If a section is empty, dread beads, don't show it on your main menu

6. Consider adding a Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e. Product Of The Month). Pick one products and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great....use copy to sell the person on buying it.

Product Page  Feedback

1. I would redesign the layout of your product description. Don't have all the text alignment, centered. Don't have to many font sizes and to many things bolded.

2. Make sure each product has 3 - 5 images as that will help someone decide if they want to purchase. Some products I saw only had 1 or 2 images

3. Make sure all your product images are the same size and dimensions. This is going to help tie your site together

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce & DTC brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
0 Likes