Looking for suggestions from seasoned shopify owners on my shop

Highlighted
3 0 0

I have had my store opened for a while now, and haven't received any sales. Can you give me some advice on what could possibly be wrong with my website. Thank you! 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1708 26 185

Can you provide your store URL.

Thanks,

Appfreaker.

https://apps.shopify.com/alidropship
0 Likes

Hi @HouseofHappy 

I didn't see your website link. If you don't want to share it on the forum I can do a FREE detailed review for you. Reach out HERE or https://www.inspiresmallbusiness.com/pages/website-review

Cheers 

Clayton Bates

10,000 Reasons To Get A FREE Website Review HERE

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
495 13 114

Hey, @HouseofHappy !

Aria here, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.

I wrote a fairly long post on how to create a professional-looking store and build trust with your customers. You can find it here.

I recommend you go through that first and see what tips you can use to improve your own site. If you'd like tailored advice for your particular business, you can reply here with your store URL.

Let me know how you get on. 

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes

@HouseofHappy wrote:
www.houseofhappyboutique.com

Thanks mate. I replied to your other thread :) 

10,000 Reasons To Get A FREE Website Review HERE

0 Likes
Astronaut
767 48 175

Hey House of happy boutique,

Traffic is arriving, which surely means that visitors are interested to buy from your store. Though the store is quite cool, but still surely, some changes need to be made which will help in improving traffic and eventually drive you a lot better sales.

1.  Using video demonstrations, building lists, working with influencers, launching a referral program, accepting different payment options can help in building traffic and sales to a huge extent.
  2. Favicon is missing.

3. For engaging new customers, you can add a section of best-selling products.

4. It would be great if you can create a seperate sale page for discounted products.
  5. Add some blogs and customer testimonials for detailed clarity.
  6. Also, You have around 59 products and sure you might add a few more as its just a start for your visitor might feel hard to find the right product.
    Also, your search page is a bit off and empty https://houseofhappyboutique.com/search?q=. Don't you think if suggestions are offered to the searchbar, there will be a lot of chances for a visitor to buy from your store?
    I would recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.
  7. If you're suffering from lots of traffic and little sales due to abandoned carts, you're not the only one— and PushOwl could be the answer you're looking for. Automated abandoned cart push notifications can help you increase sales and re-engage visitors to your site who have left.

8. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.

Hope my feedback will help you convert visitors into customers.

Neha:)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
488 26 99

Hi @HouseofHappy 

Overall I think your shopify store looks pretty good, But I noticed a couple of things that you might consider adding.

An important thing I couldn't find is a FAQ section. If your customer can't find an answer to their questions they may not buy from you. Adding an FAQ section will help to add trust, and make it so your customer doesn't need to leave your site, to find an answer to their question.

One thing to consider is adding an always visible buy button. Every extra step that a customer has to go through, makes it more likely for them not to buy from you. If you are getting a lot of customers coming to your store, but not buying, one of the reasons might be that it is just a bit too hard. If you can make your buy button always visible (especially important when people are on their phones), it can help more of your customers want to buy from you, I wrote an app that can help with that https://apps.shopify.com/better-sticky-checkout-button-increase-your-sales .

One thing to consider is adding a sense of urgency. Imagine you are a customer browsing an online store. Maybe you are ready to buy maybe you aren't. But there is a good chance you aren't in the buying mood at the moment. If you add a sense of urgency to your store it can help more of your customers to buy, and have them buy faster. One way you can do so is by adding https://apps.shopify.com/better-countdown .

You might consider adding reviews. It would be good to add reviews for your products. Think about it when was the last time you bought a product without reading the reviews first? I think you should definitely add some reviews.

I wasn't able to find a blog. A blog could be used to drive more traffic to your store, and you could also use it to recommend potential products that your customer could buy.

You know your store is actually quite good, and I think with just a bit of love and care, you will be able to really succeed.

Just so you know (I had to do it), I wrote a series of emails https://mailchi.mp/7d8692283c12/shopify-conversion-course that might help you with some tips for making your store better (I get into the weeds there).

To learn more visit https://www.answrly.com/

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
495 13 114

Hey, @HouseofHappy!

I love your store, it looks great!

I would suggest putting a logo here, instead of just text: 

19-11-0b2cl-docsd

I would sort your products into collections and attach those collections to a drop-down menu, rather than just having one Catalog menu linking to all products. This guide explains how to create the drop-down menu and this one explains how to create collections. 

I recommend you change this text colour: 

19-11-jtwnb-9ahqa

It's difficult to read the way it is and it makes your site inaccessible to people with visual impairments. Check out our guide on Accessibility for more information.

Your store looks like it has a lot of personality and there is a lot of thought behind the product curation but it's not explained anywhere. A well-written About Us page could really sell potential customers on your brand. 

It's great that you have store policies but make sure they are personalized to your store. You're using the standard template for the Refund Policy which mentions products you don't sell. 

It would be a good idea to expand on your Shipping Policy to let people know where products are shipping from and how long shipping is likely to take. 

There are bots out there that scan websites looking for email addresses that they then use to spam inboxes. For this reason, I would suggest removing your email address from your footer and instead create a Contact Us page. Using an email form simplifies things for your customers since they won't have to open their email account to contact you. I'd also include a mailing address and a phone number is great too. The easier it is for potential customers to get answers to their questions, the more confident they will be they can get answers if something goes wrong with their order. You can also include an online chat function such as Shopify Chat (if you're an iPhone user) or the Facebook Messenger Channel

Someone else already mentioned, a FAQ page could answer questions ahead of time to reduce the support you need to provide. 

Your Social Media links in your footer are not connected, they are going to 404 pages:

19-11-z5tpw-h1kwd

You can connect them by going to Online Store > Themes > Customize > Theme Settings > Social Media. 

Your Social Media following is an important part of your Social Proof which can increase confidence in your brand and encourage orders. 

I realize that's a lot to take in so I'll leave you to make some adjustments for now. Please keep in touch and let me know how you're getting on. I'd love to help you further. I'm happy to chat with you about your marketing plans if you're looking for advice in that department.

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes