Looking for suggestions

DanBurg0516
Tourist
11 0 2

Looking for feedback.

Anything missing? To improve? Would be much appreciated

I launched yesterday and had 5 add to cart and 3 reach checkout but no sales as of yet

http://themusicchoice.com

Brie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
558 44 94

Hey, @DanBurg0516!

Great job so far! To start, I'd recommend adding a few more sections to your homepage. This is a way to really improve a customer's experience on your storefront and feature some key products right off the bat. This is a buyer's first impression of your store and your brand, so you want it to be a high quality experience. I suggest hopping over to this group of example stores here, where you can gather some ideas for how adding additional sections can help the homepage aesthetic.

I'd also suggest adding an FAQ (frequently asked questions) page. If a buyer doesn't want to wait for a response to a question via email, they may not complete their purchase. Adding an FAQ page means that for a good number of customers those answers are already easily accessible. Take a look at this post on writing a high quality FAQ page! 

These two tips are a good place to start, and will help bump up those conversions. Once you're happy with your homepage design, you can take a look at this page for some traffic driving strategies. Hope that helps!

Brie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
DanBurg0516
Tourist
11 0 2

Thank you so much!!

LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
248 44 152

Hey there, @DanBurg0516!  

Congrats on your store launch. That’s always a huge (and exciting!) step. You’ve put a lot of work into your store, and it shows. 

First, let’s talk about the good things:

1. You have a lot of details taken care of, like the favicon. Great job!
  2. Your announcement bar is linked
  3. Your homepage isn’t overflowing with too much information.

The biggest issue I see is that your ordering process is complicated. Currently, it’s a two-step process:

1. Customer places order on your site.
  2. Customer emails you (link your email address in the How to Customise section and on product pages)

There are ways to combine those steps into one. Instead of someone having to email you the information and then wait for a response, it would combine everything into one. I would suggest running a poll asking if your ordering process is clear or what is confusing. 

Now, let’s get into the nitty gritty details starting with the homepage:

• My biggest concern here is that I don’t know what you sell. Everything above the fold looks fine, but it’s not going enough. You need to show your visitors what you sell rather than making them red. “Making that song more special” doesn’t help at all when we can’t see what you sell.
  • Use a heatmap, which shows you where people click, move and scroll, to understand how people use your website. How far do they scroll? Are they missing any information? Where are they clicking?
  • I would create a bigger, better hero image rather than the one you have now with a better descriptor to bring people in. Then, rather than use text between the hero image, move your collection images up. 

Footer

• Newsletter: You need to add value here. You have such a fun product, and now it’s time to make that personality come through. Think about why someone would want to get your newsletter (a discount?) and what they’ll receive (stories from other music lovers?). 
  • Shipping information: I would clean this up a bit. Is it a mess? No. Does it have all of the information? No. I’m missing things like shipping cost (even if it’s free) and international-specific shipping information. Instead of cramming it on into one or two paragraphs, step back and think about what information people want and expect. Maybe it’s just a formatting change that makes it easier to read (while reiterating that free shipping option).
  • Contact us: I think you can do better in the message. Again, add that fun personality you have in your product. Also, link your email address. In the contact form, remove the phone number field. That typically has a higher abandonment rate.
  • Terms of Service: Link to your contact form if you’re going to mention it. 
  • Privacy Policy: Link any URLs. Don’t forget to include your email address under contact information. 
  • Refund Policy: You HAVE to get a different email address. This one is a different brand, which will raise a lot of red flags. Also, link the email address. 
  • About Us: You can do so much better! Rework this to be engaging and relatable. Right now you’re selling this like someone who set up a store with no music interest. Sayings “we’re huge music fans” but then going into “fully customisable gifts at low prices.” don’t mesh. Spend some time to really write something that explains why this store and why you wanted to bring a way for people to carry their favorite songs with them everywhere.

Main navigation

• Your main navigation here is really heavy. There are a lot of options that don’t need to be here. 
  • Use a heatmap to see where people are clicking. Are there some that get more clicks or fewer clicks? For example, Contact Us may be able to be kept in the footer.
  • I would also revisit the order here. I would do: Home | Shop All | Bracelets | Photo Plaques | Keychains | How to Customize. Something like that. 
  • Watch session recordings, which capture a visitor’s entire visit and experience, to see how your visitors move around your store. 

How to Customize page

• Link your email address
  • I would reformat this so that it’s easier to understand. For example, not all of your products would need a photo included. 

Collection Page

• Keep the images consistent. Some are on a white background and some aren’t. Keep it consistent. 
  • I would update the product names. They aren’t helpful right now. Everything is custom-made, so why not say “Beaded bracelet” and “Rope bracelet” or something like that.  

Product Page

• Reiterate free shipping
  • There’s no quantity indicator
  • Again, link your email address. 
  • I can’t stress enough the need to make the ordering process easier. 
  • You’re missing critical information here such as measurements (how long is the bracelet?) and cleaning restrictions. For the plaque, compare the size to something that can be easier to understand. Also, make sure that the measurements translate as well. 
  • Clean up the description. It’s kind of messy right now. Use headers to separate the information, like How to use your bracelet.
  • Check those reviews. Be very careful with your import dates - I wouldn’t use numerical alone. You may see it as Jan. 11, 2021 when it’s written as 11/01/2021. Someone in America (like me) will see it as November 1, 2021. That’s a HUGE red flag to Americans! I would keep it consistent with a more universal date format. The second red flag is that they are all five-star reviews. I love five-star reviews too, but customers are looking for genuine reviews. Nothing screams FAKE like all five-star reviews. 

Customer Communication:

• I would suggest watching session recordings to see what people are doing while on your site (as mentioned earlier) and look for confusion. Do visitors know where to go or what to do? Where are they getting caught up?
  • Add live chat to your site to keep visitors on your site as you answer their questions. This lets you clear up any confusion that may be preventing the buying decision. 

Let’s be clear here - you have a great product and start to the store. When you understand what your visitors experience and where they get confused, you can make improvements and updates that drive real changes and more conversions.  Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cheers - Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
DanBurg0516
Tourist
11 0 2

Hiya mate, I've COMPLETLY changed the way they customise it with options for them to type it in on the product page and upload photos etc.  I'll do the rest tonight.  I really appreciate your time to help me

0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
2488 142 448

Hello @DanBurg0516, I hope you are doing well! here is the feedback on your store:

The home page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- Product Recommendations- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed.

- Engage your visitors coming to your site by giving loyalty reward points which will increase repeat purchase and customer lifetime value. You can add a web push notification which will help you to retarget your customers anytime even when they are not in your store. This will help you to run your store smoothly and decrease the bounce rate and will capture your visitors and convert them into prospective or paying customers. You will be able to retain your customers for the long term.

- For getting more conversions and sales you can target your customers by sending automated emails that help to improve the relevancy and timeliness of your campaigns. You can use triggers and workflows to automatically send messages to consumers after they take a specific action. For some reason unknown to you, they leave without making a purchase but with email automation, you can make sure that this user receives an email shortly after they abandoned their cart, reminding them of what they left behind and asking if they need help completing their purchase. In this case, email marketing automation turns a missed opportunity into an opportunity to build a stronger relationship and make a sale.

- You should definitely start notifying your customers when they abandoned your cart. This can be done in many ways. You can send them an abandoned cart push notification or an abandoned cart email. This will reduce your cart abandonment. Not only this you can also start rewarding your customers with loyalty points when they come back to recover the abandoned cart.

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to try out the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.

Hope this Helps! 

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes