Loosing hope_i need help. Need review on my store

Solved
Claire_Nat
Tourist
3 0 2

I have a Cosmetics store that doesn't  sell despite ads. I despair. I am losing hope. I did not make a single sale. Your opinions are welcome. https//www.clairecosmeticsnature.com

Thanks for your help

Hey @Claire_Nat,

Sorry to hear, when you invest in ads it's really discouraging if you don't see any sort of return on your investment. For help with ads, give this a watch:

I've taken a look through your store and I have a few suggestions.

First, the homepage banner photos are covering some of your links. I would re-size this so that it shows up properly for all devices - desktop, mobile, ipad, etc.

claire-banner.png

Next, I would have your logo tweaked. Right now, you cannot make out any of the images or text on your logo. Having a horizontal version of your logo as well as a vertical option is ideal. You can have this done fairly inexpensively from Fiverr.com.

Next, you offer global shipping but you do not currently have a currency converter. Please give this video a watch and implement something similar in your store:

My last peice of advice is to make sure the products you choose to sell are what we call "winning products". A good product choice should have these qualities:

1. High demand. Look for "problem fixing products".
  2. Not easily accessible. Look for products that are not available in stores or online through big retailers or Amazon.
  3. Popular. Look for trending products.

I have a lot more to say on this topic, but I cover it in our video so I'll leave it here for you to watch:

PS: If you decide to give Ecomhunt a try, here is our affiliate link: https://www.ecomhunt.com?afmc=2tp
Using our affiliate link does not cost you anything extra, it tells Ecomhunt we sent you and we may receive earnings for that referral.

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Have a struggling store and want to talk to talk to us 1-1? Need store tweaks? Email us at ecomgeeksco@gmail.com
Claire_Nat
Tourist
3 0 2

@EcomGeeks thank you very much for your feedback. I will take the time to watch all this. Maybe I will find solution. Thanks guy

LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
247 44 152

This is an accepted solution.

Hey there, @Claire_Nat

I am so sorry that you’ve hit the end of your rope. You have a lot of good going on here, and you need to celebrate that. All of that hard work and effort wasn’t for nothing. 

The great news is that I see you have Lucky Orange installed on your store. As one of the co-founders, I know first hand how much visitor behavior can make a difference in figuring out how to get those conversions.

Let’s get started!

Design aesthetics: 

• Brand colors: I understand that you want this tan/brown color to be your brand colors, likely because it makes us think of nature. However, it has a muddy look that doesn’t make me think of beauty products. You may want to consider colors in the green or blue scheme instead. 
  • Your default font size is way too small, especially in your header, footer,CTA, and announcement bar. I would make it larger.
  • Consider optimizing your logo. Right now it’s impossible to read.
  • Don’t forget about currency localization! 
  • Your highlight is white, which makes it hard to know what you’re highlighting. For visitors who do research, that’s a missed opportunity. 

Newsletter pop-up:

• Add value here. Why would someone want to sign up for your newsletter? Do they get a discount? Think about giving visitors that reason why. If they don’t know whether they want to buy from your store, you’re going to have to work a little harder to get them to sign up to the newsletter.
  • Be more conversational and less formal. Instead of “obtain,” try “get.” Instead of “You could unsubscribe anytime,” try “Unsubscribe at any time.” It makes it far more approached.
  • Heatmap: Use your click heatmap to see if people are completing it or immediately closing it. Session recordings would also be helpful here. 

Announcement bar: 

• Link it: You’re missing a lot of potential clicks here by not linking it.
  • Focus it on one message: Instead of highlight the discount and free shipping, focus it on one. 
  • Heatmaps will be able to tell you if anyone is clicking on it. 

Homepage:

• Use one hero image: There’s just 3-3.5 seconds before it auto rotates. This is making it hard to read and even harder to click. Also, be careful with the Claire hero image. The CTA blends in, and it bleeds into the header.
    LuckyDanny_0-1610751446858.png
  • Length: It feels long and messy. Now, there are some Shopify stores that make that work. Use your heatmap and session recordings to see what your visitors are doing. Run a poll asking your visitors to see what they are looking for and what features would be helpful, such as a skincare guide.
  • Think beyond the sale. You’re trying to build a customer base who are coming to you for skincare needs. You are the expert here. Could you add a skincare guide, helpful videos, how to use the products, products that shouldn’t be used together, etc.

Footer: 

• Contact: You need a contact page with a form and welcoming message that also includes your email address.
  • Move your blog here as well.
  • About Us: Rewriter this to be more personal and informal. Think about how people are going to read it. Move beyond what you think visitors want to read and go into why you love beauty products. Avoid putting doubt in their minds, so remove the counterfeit mention. Instead, say that you put their experience first and will do whatever it takes to achieve it.
  • Policy pages: Link URLs and email addresses.

Main navigation: 

• Watch session recordings: How are people moving around your store? How do they get to your product pages? Are they getting confused? 
  • Your navigation bar is pretty heavy and confusing. I’m not your target audience, but there has to be a better way to group your products. Again, use heatmaps to guide your next steps and test it out. 

Collection page:

• There’s a fundamental issue here. You list every product as Claire cosmetics nature when it’s by a different manufacturer. That’s a huge red flag for visitors.
  • Are you sure your collections are correct? I’m looking at your cleansers, and there’s a Vitamin C Serum included. Be consistent.
  • For larger collections, add filters for cost, type, ratings, skin type, etc. For smaller collections, it’s not as necessary.

Product page:

• You have to improve your product pages. There’s no way around it. You have no details here! I’m on the Banila Co. Clean It Zero Cleansing Balm page.
  • Don’t rely on your images to describe your products. They can’t be translated, so you’re missing a huge amount of potential customers. 
  • Make it easy for your visitors to understand what they need to buy. This page has no information about it, whether it’s ingredients, usage, skin types, how to use it, etc. You’re doing your store a huge disservice with that.
  • “You may also like” isn’t helpful. I would remove it unless it’s getting a large amount of clicks in a heatmap.

Don’t lose hope yet. You’re going to find your groove and really resonate with visitors. Make it easier for them and you’ll make it easier for yourself too. For your ads, don’t forget to filter your heatmaps and session recordings to analyze if your ads and audience are effective or if you’re directing them to the wrong page.  

I hope this helps! Good luck! I have confidence in your store and can’t wait to see those conversions take off. 

If there’s anything else I or my team can do to help you get more from Lucky Orange, please let me know. 

Cheers - Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
Claire_Nat
Tourist
3 0 2

Hey @LuckyDanny one word: "Thanks".

Taking you time and leave me this review. I can just say Thanks and work on the differents issues you mentioned. I appreciate your help, really! By the way, your app is very useful.

Thanks again @LuckyDanny .

0 Likes