Losing People At Final Step Of Sale

2 0 0

I could use some feedback on this issue I am having with my store.  My conversion rate to get people to Add To Cart and advance to Checkout is in line with ecommerce standards, but when it's time for them to complete the purchase it drops WAY off.

http://www.neggmaker.com

If you could take a peak at that last step of the process and provide any feedback that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Adam

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
27 3 2

Hi Adam,

Gabe here from Shopify. That's a great website, wow!

I ran a test and took a product to the checkout but nothing jumped out at me that would make a visitor bounce out again. The checkout friction seems to be minimal and the website really ticks most of the boxes.

You even have a live chat that allows visitors to ask questions in real time. So why are so many adding to cart but not going the whole 9 yards?

The first thing that jumps to mind could be the quality of the traffic coming to the store. Here's a checklist that could help to establish that.

If the conversions are low then you can ask yourself this:

• Is the navigation intuitive?
  • Is it easy to add items to your shopping cart and move through the checkout process?
  • Does the website or theme match the identity of the brand?

The above boxes seem to be ticked so to determine the traffic quality, ask yourself the following:

• What does the target market look like?
  • Where does your traffic come from?
  • Which traffic sources are mostly converted into sales?

If a lot of traffic is coming from ads, you might be able to look at these KPIs in your ads account.

A demographics app can help identify visitor groups such as gender and age for example, and so allow you to design more targeted marketing campaigns.

Why not integrate some "Gamification" into the website? We already know that visitors are much more willing to buy if they have to do something, like winning a game. Simply browsing and buying is no longer enough these days.

A "treasure hunt" on the website could be an approach? You can guide the visitor down a certain path until a certain goal is reached...in a treasure hunt style.

Clickfunnels

An example of the "Clickfunnel" is a path with a tripwire to lure a visitor down with the aim of making a purchase:

• The first step -> Offering a "Freebie" Opt-in/Pop-up (like a tutorial, ebook, etc.)
  • Then the next step would be a download page with a tripwire for a low-cost upsale product.
  • Finally, the main offer like the Egg Peeler in this case.

Even if the visitor does not make it through the funnel, he/she can still be re-marketed by e-mail.

Hope there's something there that can help you increase conversions, Adam!

Regards,
Gabe

0 Likes

You are selling such a unique item that either people want it or they don't. Also it's normal to see people drop off at the last step as it is when they decide if they really want what they put into the cart. Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase.

Homepage Feedback

1. If you are going to have a product on your homepage. Make it a Featured Product type section as it makes it look like something planned. Tell people why you featured it and what makes it special. Don't just add the product to the homepage and leave it like that

2. I would clean up the design of your homepage and make it smaller. Really focus on the product you are selling and get rid of anything that does not help you drive sales

3. Make sure the main product images for each product has the same theme / style as some have white vs non-white background right now. This is going to help tie your site together when people are looking at your collection pages

Product Page  Feedback

1. Make sure each product has 3 - 5 images as that will help someone decide if they want to purchase. A lot of products I saw had only 1 or 2 images

2. Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search

Your store is great and there is not much I would change. You could just be getting the wrong traffic. Not all traffic is created equal. The one thing we tell each client is that you can get traffic of all kinds but that does not mean it's the right traffic for your store....especially if people are not buying. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with CRO & analytics: TakeSomeRisk.com
1 Like