Lot of traffic, good sales and now nothing for a niche product.

Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 3

Hi,

My store has been open since 2016 (started on Etsy, then Shopify in fall of 2017). I make fashion jockstraps by hand (and machine) and sell tank tops as well, but the jockstraps are my primary sell. I usually see an ebb and flow in sales each month, but this month has been bone dry. I was using AdWords and Google Shopping, but found that they weren't yielding the greatest results. These past two weeks, I've been testing out Facebook ads which have been great for increased traffic and additional email subscribers. But alas, still no sales. I've even updated the site to make sure that it is mobile friendly which is how most of my customer base views my site. 59% mobile compared to 29% desktop. Ultimately I would like to increase monthly sales in general, and welcome feedback. I do realize my product is somewhat niche, but also offer good quality and a unique touch.

My site is https://www.jocknationusa.com/

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
156 5 48

Hey, Thomas!

Seeing people who make hand crafted products always impresses me. It's really good differentiator that separates you from other brands in your segment. I think you could play it up in ways you're not currently.

For example, you could do a photoshoot of you in your studio sewing the underwear. This would contribute the handcrafted narrative of your brand. People love a good story. Put one or two of those images on your home page -don't hide them in the About Us page. You can also use those images on social media.

The website is clean and functional, but I think it could be spiced up a bit. At the top of the homepage you could have a slideshow with some images such as one of you sewing, some model shots. Throw in an image with a promotion like 'Buy Three Save 10%', which you could create a discount code for and the homepage will already be more dynamic.

If you're getting good traffic and visitors aren't converting then it's either because you're not getting the right kind of traffic, you're not sending them to the right landing page in the advertisment, or something about the website is turning them off -it's likely a combination of all. Visitors can be confused or navigate way from your site if they arrive to your site and they weren't linked to the page they thought they were going to. Experiment with different landing pages. If your ads are always sending them to the homepage, try sending them to a collection or to a product page and see if that helps conversions.

Try, if you haven't, using our free app Kit to help create FB ads. Kit will help bring the right traffic to your store, then you just need to make sure the website is exciting the visitors enough to buy.

In a nutshell, you have a great product and great story, let people know with a humble brag how great what you're doing is and that will make them want to be part of it.

_Ash_ | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 3

Thank you Ash! This is great advice that I'll definitely be taking into consideration.

0 Likes