Lot's of website visitors but no sales!

Highlighted
4 0 0

I started my clothing brand off by selling to people over instagram in bulk orders once per month, and after a couple of months it was going really really well so I decided to start an online store to cut out people having to contact me directly for orders. I've been getting plenty of views on the site ( today was 112 ) but I haven't had very many sales at all, what can I do to increase sales?

My site is www.surely.co.nz

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1802 30 198

Hello,

I just had look into your store, store was good.
But where customers find your brand? So you can add blog post regularly.
How to find who you are? So you can expand by your store using of About us page.
And you don't have return policy page, return policy was important when making a purchasing decision.
You can promote your store on Facebook also, it is also helps to increasing sales.

Thanks,
Appfreaker.

https://apps.shopify.com/alidropship
0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hey, we do have a return policy page under the name 'policy' I realise an about us page is important so I will keep that in mind. All of our marketing has been through instagram at the moment, we've been focusing on getting models with 100k plus followers to promote our clothing, so other than an about us page what would be the go?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
78 0 8

Hello, I live in NZ and I had a look at your site. 

Your site looks clean and nice but as someone who may stumble on your site through an Instagram post or other advertisements, I think there need's to be a story or something like a cause or a charity attached to the purchase of your clothing. And explain to the customers why you chose the word 'surely', what does it mean to you guys? 

Give us a story, meaning or a simple reason to make us want to support your brand :)

Good luck!

Shopify web designer
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
17 0 3

Your website has a nice interface, so you should review the product quality, service style, after-sales service as well as the interaction with customers so that customers can trust the new product. yours.
You can refer to our website about handicraft items www.banghetregiare.net

bamboo, bamboo table
0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
242 1 22

Hi Josh, I browsed your store and here is what I think.

You should get a favicon (icon for the web browser tabs). All the commercial site have them so your site might come of little amateurish without it.

Make your Instagram link open in a new tab. Here is how to do that. Also, other social media like Pinterest and Facebook might be good for your store too. So think about making pages there.

I like your store design. Very simple and functional. Also, I like that you have only a few products for everyone. Good job with them.

But you need to give the people more info for them to place orders.

Before I would make an order I'd have to know few things about shipping and return. Like do you ship to my country, how much does it cost, how long will it take for the item to arrive, what should I do if it does not arrive or arrive damaged etc. You need to create a page with info like that. People look for that kind of info before making a purchase and they rarely make one without it.

Also, the Gmail address you have does not seem very trustworthy. it would be better if you get an email address with your domain. 

Your product pages look a little weird. Is the position of the CTA intentional? I think it would look better if you move the product picture a little to the left and CTA and size option to its right. Or if you want to keep the product in the middle put the CTA right under it. And the product description under the CTA. It looks misplaced the way you have it.

Also, if you have high traffic and low sales you should utilize retargeting ads. Sometimes people just need more time to think before they make a purchase. Retargeting ads will help you reach out to this kind of people and remind them that you still have the product they were interested in. This way you can bring them back once they are ready to make a purchase. You can check out ROI Hunter Easy app for that.

Also, if you'll want further feedback after you make some changes you can check out this FB group.

Hope it helps.

Ondra

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hey thanks for the great response, i'll take everthing on board. I fully agree about the product page but i'm unsure as to how to move it around

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
19 0 0

Hi Josh,

Thanks for reaching out. This is definitely an interesting one!

The fact you've already had success on Instagram is a promising sign. Though, as I'm sure you've realised by now, selling through an online store is a different challenge. 

I've had a quick look at your site and there a number of critical design problems that will seriously limit your ability to turn traffic into sales. I won't go into detail here, but I'd be happy to discuss this further with you on a free consultation call. 

If you're interested, you can find out more here.

Speak soon?

Adam

0 Likes