Lots of Initiated Checkout - ZERO purchases. Please help!

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 3

Afternoon all.

I need some help.

Site URL is powertoneco.com - currently marketing via Facebook Ads. It's a dropshipping store.

I have included below a screenshot of my FB Ads Manager. As you can see, CTR I believe to be quite good, and ATC and IC rate also quite decent in relation to the amount of Content Views I have. I have got 1 purchase out of 65 Initiated Checkouts. I have ran the checkout myself and can't see any barriers for people to pull the trigger other then potentially the delivery times?

FB Ads.PNG

Would be grateful of some critique.

Thanks 

Steven

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 3

Update - it seems the FB Ads Manager is not an accurate reflection of store activity. From the Shopify store, please see below information for the same date range:

Shopify Store.PNG

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
187 35 122

Hey 

I can understand that this must be a difficult situation to be in. 

Even with a good CTR or tons of traffic, if people are not buying then it's not the right traffic. Not all traffic is created equal. The one thing we tell each client is that you can get traffic of all kinds but that does not mean it's the right traffic for your store.

I have some notes to how we think about marketing for our ecom clients. Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase.

When our clients are looking to do paid ads on Google or Facebook. We recommend they start off on Google Shopping as you can target people based on what they are searching for. This means it's easier to get sales faster. You will need a Google Merchant Center and a Google Ads Account to run Google Shopping campaigns. After Google Shopping is working, we look at Facebook and setup a Dynamic Product Ads campaign on Facebook. 

Google Merchant Center
This is where you host and manage your products (SKUs), so you can use Google Shopping campaigns in your Google Ads (AdWords) account. You can add the Google Shopping app to your store and connect it to your Google Merchant Center... once you do this, you are almost set to run Google Shopping campaigns.

Google Ads (AdWords) Account
This is where you run and manage your Google Shopping campaigns from. You will need to connect your Google Ads account to your Google Merchant Center account above. Once you do that, you can run Google Shopping campaigns. Make sure you turn on Auto-Tagging in your account. Also, you can link your Google Ads account with your Google Analytics account... this helps make sure data is shared between them. Hopefully you have setup your Google Analytics account already. Make sure your bids are not to high and you have a good account structure.

Facebook Ad Account
If you have not, you should Setup your Facebook Catalog. That way you can run Dynamic Product Ads (DPA), which is remarketing/retargeting on Facebook and Instagram. When someone comes to your site and does not buy... you can show them an ad later on Facebook and Instagram. The DPA campaigns are always the best return on ad spend for our clients. It's good to start with site visitors or people who have added something to their cart/started checkout but have not bought anything.

Once you have that setup. You can see what is working and what is not working and grow the business. The above assumes you have setup your Facebook pixel setup for your site too. That way you can track your sales. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know

If you found this helpful then please Like and Accept Solution!
Check out the following apps :
Simple scroll to top
Superbar
Slick scroll progress bar
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello Triptonight, I hope you are well;

One basic problem here is that there is the assumption that all the visitors to your store's are visitors with an intent to buy. All that a paid ad does for you is to create a wider pipeline for the traffic that comes to your store. At this point you'd would have to go an extra mile to convert such traffic into buyers.

Take a look at Social Recommendation Apps for your store. Social Recommendations have been proven to be more effective at converting than paid ads. I'll be glad if you could try out this relatively young app - Rendezvous Recommendations.image.png

As a merchant, you’ll be able to convert more of your store visitors into paid customers by offering them relevant recommendations using our AI recommendations engine. 

Our AI shopping assistant helps store visitors to discover, share, and get relevant options on items to buy in your store. You get instant revenue boost, recurring sales and store growth when you offer trusted social recommendations to customers.

You can customize your Rendezvous widget to match the theme, color, and style of your store - and it won’t reduce your page load speed. 

You can also connect your store to Messenger to target your customers and sell more. 

Do install the Rendezvous Social Recommendations App and let me know your thoughts on it.

Rendezvous is AI-powered social recommendations engine - enabling customers to discover products on merchant stores and leading to higher conversion rates.
Over 500,000+ shoppers are already using Rendezvous Recommendations to find products from big brands like - Amazon, Macy’s, Walmart & BestBuy.
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
142 16 48

Hi @Tript0night 

Congratulations on your store. 

I agree with some of the comments above. You might be getting people to “add to cart” but it might be the wrong people. So would highly recommend you take a look at what kind of audiences you are targeting.

Other than that, here are some pointers on your website:

1. The first fold, as soon as I land, doesn’t tell me anything about what you sell. Even after looking through all the images, I could only find out what you actually sell by scrolling down. Consider updating the copy + images in the first fold. Be clear about who you are and what you’re selling, and why someone should buy from you.
  2. Add some information about shipping. Shipping pages are some of the most read pages on a website. How much time, shipping charges, etc. all of these details should be provided to the users. It is one of the major reasons people drop out.
  3. Create your social media pages - Instagram, Facebook, Twitter. These are essential for building any brand and trust for users. Once they land on your website, people will be checking around for your social media. Be sure to put up some amount of posts there as well. 
  4. Add an “About Us” page. When a new user lands on your website, they will be looking for signs of trustworthiness. A good, personal about us page makes your brand stand out and connect with users.  
  5. Testimonials are another way of proving the authenticity and quality of your products. Get some testimonials from your current customers and add them! Images would work well with this kind of a product.

I hope this advice helps out. Hoping for more sales in your store!

Cheers.

If you found this helpful then please Like and Accept Solution

ModeMagic | Product badges and labels to boost conversions
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
2 Likes
Shopify Partner
67 2 13

Hey @Tript0night 

congrats on your store, its a really nice product that has listed on your store, the workout is really important for health, I feel you can do with a visual change to your website, the orientation of how you have placed the text and everything looks a little odd right now, I feel if we change the UI a bit it would work better, you can always make a good landing page for your product, try going with more pictures and it should explain the product better, a workout video would be very convenient as well, it shows how to work the product. you can also add-in product labels to help define your products better, ill leave a link below that can help you with that. 

Stay Safe 

Zabu

https://bit.ly/2X7KHdA

Increasing Sales one Sticker at a time
https://apps.shopify.com/modemagic
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 3

Thank you for the honest feedback - it's my first time using Shopify so any tips are useful!

Just a few responses.

1. All of my advertising lands people on the product page (https://powertoneco.com/powertoneems) - therefore I have just a small blurb on the homepage. Would you still consider bulking the home page out with product information in? 
  2. I added a shipping policy - good idea. There was a very small passage at the bottom of the shipping page but have given it its own section now.
  3. Social pages already existed, I have now linked them in the footer.
  4. About Us page added also - thanks for that.
  5. Testimonials I'm looking to create graphics that allow that shortly - hopefully that will help!

I have now launched an ad campaign targeting around 10 broad interests related to fitness and wellbeing. Lets see how we get on!

0 Likes