Lots of Sessions but NO ORDERS

ebramtadruss
1 0 1

I have recently started marketing my shop, and I have started getting lots of sessions to my shop. For example as I am writing this I have 800+ sessions with 0 orders. Can anyone look at my shop and telling me what am I doing wrong! My shop is https://etcustomdesigns.com/

LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
246 43 151

Hi @ebramtadruss - 

First of all, kudos on getting traffic. That’s one area many stores struggle with. I know it’s frustrating to see no sales, but at least you’re getting traffic. Anyway, let’s see what we can do.

Right off the bat, I see that you have Lucky Orange installed on your store. That’s huge - you are going to find out exactly what people are doing. As one of the founders of Lucky Orange, I know the value of visitor behavior! 

Looking at the homepage, I would examine session recordings of people interacting with your hero images. Namely, are they clicking on it or moving around it? There’s no call to action on the hero images, so you’re missing on that opportunity.

Use heatmaps to look at how far people scroll on your homepage. My thought is that there is a lot of prime real estate above the fold and effective fold that is not used to its full extent. For example, people can’t interact with your online business card (which has a different logo, by the way), but it’s being featured above your “Featured Collection” and testimonials. What if you moved that to the bottom of your page or to an About Us page? The same goes for your custom order requests - it may still belong on the homepage but not as high on the page. 

While you’re using heatmaps, look at click heatmaps and focus on the top navigation. Which areas of the menu bar are getting the most attention? If it’s the FAQ (which I would venture to say is probably one of your top elements if not THE top), you can go into it with heatmaps and see which ones are your top questions. 

Let’s move to the collection page for a moment. I like that you have filters, but I would provide filters for categories, like color or type of poster. Right now, there are so many that seem like repeats and don’t the customer find a poster. For example, would a customer know the difference between the “because the internet” and “because the internet poster” filters? Simplify it! 

Because you don’t know what’s going on, spend some time on live view. Unlike recordings, which act like a DVR for your website, live view lets you watch people in real time. If you have live chat activated (I don’t see it right now, but you could just be offline), you can initiate a chat with customers you may think are struggling. 

While we’re talking about chat, I can’t ignore auto invites. Like I said, I can’t tell if you’re using Lucky Orange chat or not. If you are, set up an auto invite within the chat tab. You can set it up so if someone spends more than 30 seconds on your collection page, a chat invitation will automatically trigger. It would look something like this:

ETcustomDesigns-1.png

(I set this one up in my own Lucky Orange to show you.)

The reason I love auto invites so much is that it really helps save a sale. If you can answer questions for an indecisive/confused shopper, you’re proactively doing your part in saving the sale.

Lastly, I want to extend a personalized onboarding call to you. It’s not a sales pitch - we want you to get the most you can out of Lucky Orange. It’s a free, 15-minute call with one out of customer success managers. It’s all focused on what you need and the questions you have. Here’s a link to set it up if you’re interested!

I hope this helps. Please don’t hesitate to send me a DM if you need anything!

Cheers -
Danny 

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
0 Likes
neha-sparq
Shopify Partner
1957 124 434

Hey ET Custom Design,
What a wonderful start! You have really invested a lot of effort in designing your store layout and niche. But, some basic elements are missing. To know them, look into the below mentioned pointers :

• "Product categorization has not been done well".You can classify your collections on the basis of their name, theme, and depiction.
  • Don't forget to add all the collections to the header menu as well.
  • Engaging some new arrivals would make your site more popular.
  • You are missing the  "home button" at the header menu beginning which facilitates easy site navigation.
  • Terms of Service and Privacy policy are missing.
  • "Favicons enhance the user experience and eCommerce websites need this usability feature for easy identification".
  •  "About Us"  reflecting the store's origin, mission, and ideas to succeed is missing.
  • Site legitimacy can be increased by adding "Trust Badges" near the site footer.
  • The "search landing page" is disabled in your case ie it does not redirect to "/search" when the "enter key" is pressed while placing the cursor on the search bar.
  • Inclusion of "free shipping+ promo offers" using a "bold unique header template" and a catchy tagline like "Hurry! Free shipping on orders over $40 within US + 10% Off your next order " can compel the customer to buy.
  • Promote your free shipping offers with progressive messages and a cart goal and motivate your customers to increase cart values and boost sales using Free Shipping Bar by Hextom.
  • Add Instagram Gallery to promote your brand better.
  • You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  • Filters are very important for customers in order to identify the correct product from the huge catalog. So, you should look for advanced filter options for your store.
  • Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with the search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here
    You can use Sparq free trial for as many products in your store. After the trial period, you can enjoy with Sparq’s Free Starter Plan for upto 1000* products.

May you receive your first sale very soon.

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes
MansionEcom
Shopify Partner
397 33 125

Hello @ebramtadruss,

I've taken a look at your store. Your store is already looking awesome. I've some suggestions to increase the conversion rate.

1. There is a lot of blank space on the top and bottom of your main menu. Adjust the header sections so that it won't have much blank space.

2. Add the 'New Arrivals' section to help customers keep updated on new products.

3. Add the Home page link at the starting of the main menu.

4. Add product reviews as most of the customers read the review before purchasing the product.

5. Add email id/address in the Contact Us page for better customer interaction.

6. Add favicon to your store which is a small square image/logo that appears next to a web address. Favicon helps to strengthen your brand and add a polished look to your website.

7. Add social media for the store to increase the traffic

8. Optimize your footer with a more professional and functional look. Add pages like About Us, Privacy Policy, Terms of Service, etc to the footer.

9. Discounts and limited-time offers will help to increase sales.

10. Add About Us page which is a reflection of the purpose and personality of the business.

11. Create a Facebook account for your store. Having a Facebook Store is a great way to grow your business, allowing you to tap into new audiences and gain more customers.

I also did a flare check on your site. You have only 4 results indexed by Google. But your website has 162+ pages. Before you think of ranking you should ensure your pages are found (indexed by Google). To appear in search results though, Google has to first find your website content. It used to take years to get your content found by Google and major search engines. Not any more. Doing SEO once is virtually useless. To get in front, and stay in front needs regular feeds to Google and Bing. We created flare to deliver search engine feeds on a regular basis without taking your time.

flare automatically detects site changes and verifiably informs major search engines like Google & Bing. Plus! only flare can submit individual URLs to Google & Bing, allowing your prioritized pages to be indexed first and fast.

Hope this was helpful!

Jeena

https://MansionEcommerce.com
https://apps.shopify.com/partners/mansion-ecommerce
Driving the next decade of eCommerce
0 Likes