Lots of Traffic Very Little Sales

OutdoorLynn
2 0 1

I operate an outdoor and sporting goods store. My dashboard says that regarding traffic, I am ranked in the top 9% of stores that opened at the same time I did. . Iam having a problem with conversion. Last week I had several hundred items placed in customers' carts but cannot determine the reason that they don't complete their purchase. I have an abandoned cart app but that doesn't seem to work. I have an app that offers a discount for newsletter subscribers and I have used email newsletters. I blog regularly and I sometimes, but not always, include buy buttons with my blogs. I do not seem to have trouble attracting cutomers to the store. I get customers from my Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook accounts. I have sold some products but cannot seem to have a consistent conversion rate. Please take a look at my store and tell me what issues you see from a purchaser or consurmer standpot. I define my store as being "upscale". Could this be possibly scaring customers away? All suugesitons would be appreciated. 

www.nostalgiaoutdoorgoodsstore.com

Susan

0 Likes
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
836 107 274

Hello Susan (@OutdoorLynn),

Sorry to hear that your sales aren't where you has hoped. I've taken a look through your store, hopefully my feedback will provide some insight as to what is happening.

screencapture-nostalgiaoutdoorgoodsstore-2021-04-27-12_52_54.png

Two things I noticed right off the bat:

1. It's unclear whether your currency is in CAD or USD (you cannot tell until you reach checkout). Here is a currency converter you might consider adding in:

2. When I checkout (I'm in Canada) I get this error message:

outdoor-goods.png

The other thing is your product choice. You sell camping gear, fishing supplies, clothing and more. The problem with this is that these types of items can be already be purchased offline in hundreds retail stores as well as online through thousands and thousands of online stores. So when a person is searching for a tent or a rod in Google, these big companies with massive marketing budgets are who is showing up in search results and who you are competing with for customers. A person can complete IF they give people a reason to purchase from them vs. the other guys. An example of this might be someone who sells these locally, their "reason" as to why you should purchase from them vs the other guy is because they are local and a lot of people are passionate about shopping local, they would also be able to provide products quicker and may offer incentives such as free local delivery. If you cannot find a way to set yourself apart in the market, it is time to move on to a different product. A good product choice should have these qualities:

1. High demand. Look for "problem fixing products".
  2. Not easily accessible. Look for products that are not available in stores or online through big retailers or Amazon.
  3. Popular. Look for trending products.
  4. Good profit margin. We recommend at least 3x what the product costs you.

We did a video on how to find winning products and we also regularly post a collection of winning products on our YouTube channel:

Once you have settled on your winning product/products, you can expand your sales channels and promote your dropshipping products on Google Shopping using the AllFetch Google Shopping Feed app (it's free). It allows you to easily syncing your products from your Shopify store to the Google Merchant Center.

I'd like to help you with your store more so I'd invite you to join a free training that we have going on right now. We cover why stores get high traffic with no sales, spending on Ads with no return and why visitors are abandoning cart. We will help you develop a profitable ad strategy and learn how to generate free traffic, transform your Shopify store into a professional. trustworthy store that customers want to shop at and help you find winning products that people can’t wait to buy. Our free private Facebook training is happening now from April 26 – 30, we will be going live every day at 1:00PM (EST), you can watch the replays until April 30th. You can sign up here. Really hope you join us!

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

OutdoorLynn
2 0 1

Thanks for your feedback. I will take a look with these things in mind.

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3317 188 601

Hello @OutdoorLynn, I hope you are doing well! This is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. I would love to share my thoughts for your store based on 9 years of experience with Shopify for over 1000's active Shopify merchants and hope that my sharing will help you improve your store performance.

- Add a sticky header.

- Make your store aesthetically appealing. A well designed store is important in order to build trust with other visitors.

- Add reviews on the product page. 90% of people read reviews before making a purchase.

Add a web push notification - It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It’s a powerful and effective marketing tool adopted by online businesses to reach out to and interact with their audience, keep them updated about any important information, announcing sales and offers, and eventually driving more eCommerce conversions.

- Run push campaigns and email campaigns.

- Add testimonials or review carousel on the homepage.

Moreover, if you would like to implement the above customer engagement features/ marketing tools in your store I suggest you to install the 'All in one' Shopify app AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions.

Hope this helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
CutOutWiz
Trailblazer
169 12 61

Hello @OutdoorLynn 

Hope you are doing well.

I understand how it can be frustrating to be doing everything right but still not getting your traffic converted to sales. You may find comfort in knowing that you're not the only one on that boat. Millions of Shopify store owners are facing the same problem. This is not because you are necessarily doing something wrong, but rather because Sales is an organic process, involving people getting to know you, visiting your brand, looking at your products, comparing them with others, and finally making the decision to purchase from you. So this takes some time, during which you have to hold on tight. But, you can't be just passively waiting for sales to grow, so I would recommend you look at these tips and see which ones you can use: You have great faith in your online shop, but why aren’t visitors converting?

Another Thing you could consider: Not all traffic is good traffic.

Traffic will only have any chance of converting to sales if they are being generated by the right consumer. If your product is for females under the age of 30, but your ads are being viewed by males over 50, that is a lot of traffic, but it will never convert to sales. So, before you spend on targeting, a good idea is to have a simple Google Trends search, that will tell you who is looking for the products you search, what is their age, gender and location. Then you can put forward some really targeted ads that are bound to generate clicks.

Hope this helps you. If you find it useful, leave a like to let me know! Happy Selling! Thank you and the Very Best of Luck to you!

If you found this helpful, leave a Like to let me know.
If this answers your question, please rate this as an accepted solution :)

M, from the Business Development Team of
Cutoutwiz